Nantra Silom
$94
$88
$79
Great 4.5/5
All reviewspatpong night marketsilom areacorn flakessala daeng bts stationfree bottles of water per dayfree breakfastbudget accommodationlocation location locationstreet vendorsbasic hotelnice roomlobby arearooms are smallwould stay againsky train station17usd
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 16, 2013

As stated by other travellers you really cannot knock the location. It's close to nightlife and night market and only 5 -6 min walk to sky train and MRT . It's not what I would class as a boutique hotel at all .. a little rough around the edges so to speak but for one night stay it was ok . Even though breakfast was included in the price we were not made aware of it at all. One other gripe - the safe in the room could be picked up from the desk very easily and anyone could walk out with it - defeats the object somewhat!!!
Would we stay here again ... Probably not :-(

Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mibial
Reviewed August 1, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is located just off Silom main road on Soi 8. In the heart of Silom and a stones throw from Patpong night market and all the crazy nightlife of Silom.
The staff at the hotel are friendly and helpful.
I booked an economy room for 4 nights, the room had Aircon and a fridge but no windows which I found a bit disorientating.
Good wi-fi coverage throughout the hotel and a basic continental breakfast served.
I would stay here again based on the location and staff.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank peteyp999
Reviewed July 5, 2013 via mobile

Kind of hard to find of a side street (soi) in Silom. Good b/c its quiet but not very scenic. Staff was nice. Hotel is hip, contemporary and newish clean. Great location walking to the night market, metro, and great street food. Priced around $30 is fair. One quirk, the bathroom does not have a door but is set at a right angle for privacy.

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank Ahenders10
Reviewed June 21, 2013 via mobile

After having read the reviews on this website, I decided to sweep them aside because I was more keen on finding a hotel close to the heart of the night bazaar. I was not wrong. Nantra Silom's close proximity to Patpong's night bazaar is wonderful, so I could not ask for anything more; except that service accorded was extremely minimal.
For a start, when we checked in, we felt none of the warmth that the Thais are known for. In fact, a team member was having dinner. Details like breakfast were not made known to us till we inquired. Also, bath linen were missing from the room so we had to ask for them. We booked a standard room, so we were frankly not expecting much. The room was really tiny and did not have space to put my luggage. It ended up on the writing desk and I had to work on the bed, not so convenient.
I discovered some ants on the countertop where the sink was, and I wondered where they came from.
Unlike some other lodging establishments, this one was not too keen on issuing us with a second key even though there were two of us. In fact, their electronic room key had room numbers on them, not so secure if you ask me.
I guess one cannot have everything, as in good location and great service. But it is not too much to ask for, is it?

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank CCHSingapore
Reviewed April 23, 2013

Pros: a new hotel near to sala dalaeng bts (5 min walk )
Quite a big room for solo traveller
Nice bed
Friendly staff .
Cons : no doors for toilet ( only shower has door , toilet is outside shower)
Toilet is leaking during entire stay.
A little sweetness attract all ants
room was not clean for 3 days.
Breakfast was very simple.

Overall: nice place to stay with budget price

Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo