See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed February 15, 2017

The Grand Lord is a good place to stay, very clean, friendly enough, fairly close to the main airport, though not centrally Bangkok located. Spring for a suite; my wife & I had one which had more room, my adult son had a regular room which was fine for him. Rooms have safes & good a/c, fridge, plenty of free water. The pool is out the door across driveway and up a flight – water’s cool because it doesn’t get a ton of sun, but it’s actually a very good lap pool. Nice big tub. We didn’t eat there so can’t speak to the food. Staff was fine, they helped us with everything we needed, taxi-calls, envelopes, friends dropping stuff for us, etc. Big market down street (short taxi) that’s open on weekends and is a trip, good eats & market. Bangkok is crazy fun! But you might need to get a motorcycle taxi back from market as there is no overpass to cross street near hotel. (My wife is Thai, which helped.) We stayed five nights; booked on Agoda. WiFi is free and good -- might have to re-login after inactivity. No problems!

Room tip: Higher up, try to get one on the east (non-street) side.
Date of stay: February 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Michael M
Reviewed December 21, 2016

I was stayed in there on 12th Dec'16 to 18th Dec'16 ( 6 nights) for my study trips with our group.The front office staff were very friendly and helpful. Room was clean and comfortable bed. Complimentary 2 bot of water. Housekeeping staff good. The swimming pool on the top of restaurant staff can't speak English well but friendly and helpful.Breakfast buffet was ok. Hotel is ok for the transit travelers the location is fairly near the airport.

Room tip: "Rooms on the south side are quieter"
Date of stay: December 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed March 26, 2015

No security at night, no bell man at that time and no one help me go to 5 floor I go by myself with my trolley bag. The room Is okay clean anyways. Noises at night specially the tour china group. Wifi isn't free need to pay 100baht for 1 hour which pretty pretty slow Internet. Breakfast is okay, the drinking water is not taste good, juices herbs is salty sweet taste. Thai food average taste. Service waiter in 8 floor restaurant can't speak english slow to responds.. Annoying to eat which chinese people because they manny in the group seems like im taking breakfast in the market. Service is not so impressed in the restaurants, poor either. Not recommended for those people want peace of mind.

Date of stay: March 2015
Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank beautykim
Reviewed August 23, 2014

When you think of Thailand, images of temples come to mind. When you walk into the lobby of the Grand Lord Hotel, you'll be surprised to see a big statue of Mother Mary which is to comemorate her 'appearance' in one of the churches. The statues of angels on the roof top of the buildings also conjure up images from Dan Brown's Agels & Demons. Suffice to say, this isn't your usual Thai hotel.

However, the Thai hospitality is ever present with curteous, helpful and attentive staff. The hotel is clean. The location is fairly near the airport. We stayed here for a night as we were transiting at Bangkok.

This probably isn't a very good hotel for family with young children as they do not have cots or baby high chairs.

Oh and there is no free wifi.

Room tip: Take a room at the corner as they are bigger and the beds are on raised platforms, making it more interesting that the usual settings in hotel rooms.
Date of stay: July 2014
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank BubblesAmanda
Reviewed January 29, 2014 via mobile

Ok, this hotel is close to the airport. That was my goal. The front desk had my taxi there at 5:30am as promised . The staff were very friendly and helpful. The room was clean, comfortable bed, a few channels to watch and complementary waters. I can't comment on the "included breakfast" because it started at 6 am.
Now for my complaints:
The hallway smelled funny. My room faced a busy road and it was noisy. The roof top restaurant looked amazing and I was looking forward to a nice dinner. I was starving, tired and ready decompress. Drink order: vodka tonic - sorry no vodka, ok gin and tonic - sorry no tonic, ok must be a sign I don't need a drink. just a Diet coke - sorry out of diet coke. Water? Fine. Basically they didn't have several items on the menu. I got a shrimp dish but the shrimp was very old. I ended up eating French fries and water for dinner.
No free wifi, 100baht for 60 mins. Not bad but slow . Next time I won't make a choice based on the cost.

Date of stay: January 2014