This is my first review for tripadvisor where I have absolutely nothing nice to say about a place.
To say the least, it completely made my holiday a disaster.
For starters, I booked the room on www.agoda.com. The site had excellent ratings and it suited my pocket. Although I was looking for a budget room, since it was a busy time in Bangkok and I booked last minute, only the "Deluxe Garden View " suite was available.
I consoled myself by thinking, " I would pamper my wife this time" .
This is what I got, when I reached the hotel.
- My suite was on the 6th floor, but there was no elevator. (Not mentioned anywhere on the internet). I was sick from a bout of dehydration (Heading back from Koh Samui). To make matters worse, there was no help to get my bag to the 6th floor.
- Don`t understand, why inconvenience the guest who got the most expensive room more.
- On my way to the 6th floor, suddenly there was no light. Thankfully my torch from my backpack came in handy. But it meant I had to drop my bag and do some more exercise.
- I get to the room, and it was absolutely warm. They had not anticipated , that perhaps the guest might need the room at the least at a pleasant temperature if he/she books an A.C room. Climbing 6 floors and then waiting for a suite to cool down with all but 1 A.C can take really long.
- Of course there is no phone in the room. So, if you need to complain or request anything from the single staff handling the hotel, go down all the way to the reception.
- I was really looking forward to the garden view, as the name suggested, but all I got was an under construction building, some loud machines and workers.
- Finally , I was ready to sleep and what do I realize. There was no safety lock. Maybe a lot of you do not get nervous by such a thing but it made me extremely uncomfortable to know that anybody who got their hands on the master key had access to my room through the night.
- There was 1 bulb in the toilet which flickered for the most part, and would go off for 5 secs every 2 mins. and come back on. On complaining, I was told that the maintenance staff was not available. At the end of my 2 night stay, the light went unattended.
This hotel gives a whole new meaning to "Bang for your bucks". I paid 1500THB incl. taxes (no b/f) and I got [--].
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Mix Bangkok is a boutique hotel and guest house located in the heart of Bangkok, Thailand. We are excited to announce our Grand Opening on November 11, 2011. Whether you are a business professional, going on vacation with friends or traveling as a family, we offer short and long-term stays. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Ctrip TA, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Priceline and Cheap Tickets so you can book your The Mix Bangkok reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.