“If you enjoy being cheated... go here...”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of The Mix Bangkok

The Mix Bangkok
Ranked #376 of 615 Bangkok B&B and Inns
MUMBAI
“If you enjoy being cheated... go here...”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2012

This is my first review for tripadvisor where I have absolutely nothing nice to say about a place.
To say the least, it completely made my holiday a disaster.
For starters, I booked the room on www.agoda.com. The site had excellent ratings and it suited my pocket. Although I was looking for a budget room, since it was a busy time in Bangkok and I booked last minute, only the "Deluxe Garden View " suite was available.
I consoled myself by thinking, " I would pamper my wife this time" .
This is what I got, when I reached the hotel.
- My suite was on the 6th floor, but there was no elevator. (Not mentioned anywhere on the internet). I was sick from a bout of dehydration (Heading back from Koh Samui). To make matters worse, there was no help to get my bag to the 6th floor.
- Don`t understand, why inconvenience the guest who got the most expensive room more.
- On my way to the 6th floor, suddenly there was no light. Thankfully my torch from my backpack came in handy. But it meant I had to drop my bag and do some more exercise.
- I get to the room, and it was absolutely warm. They had not anticipated , that perhaps the guest might need the room at the least at a pleasant temperature if he/she books an A.C room. Climbing 6 floors and then waiting for a suite to cool down with all but 1 A.C can take really long.
- Of course there is no phone in the room. So, if you need to complain or request anything from the single staff handling the hotel, go down all the way to the reception.
- I was really looking forward to the garden view, as the name suggested, but all I got was an under construction building, some loud machines and workers.
- Finally , I was ready to sleep and what do I realize. There was no safety lock. Maybe a lot of you do not get nervous by such a thing but it made me extremely uncomfortable to know that anybody who got their hands on the master key had access to my room through the night.
- There was 1 bulb in the toilet which flickered for the most part, and would go off for 5 secs every 2 mins. and come back on. On complaining, I was told that the maintenance staff was not available. At the end of my 2 night stay, the light went unattended.

This hotel gives a whole new meaning to "Bang for your bucks". I paid 1500THB incl. taxes (no b/f) and I got [--].

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
5 Thank CAPT18
Yat Tung L, Owner at The Mix Bangkok, responded to this review, December 6, 2012
Dear Reviewer from Mumbai,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review from our hotel. We have taken note of your suggestions and we do apologize if it ruined your vacation due to out hotel's deficiencies.

But we do want to point out a couple of important points as to why our hotel is set up the way it is. As you rightly pointed out, we are providing clean and convenient budget accommodations for our guest. The Deluxe Suite was designed for 5 people max. without any extra charges. We believe anybody would agree for 1,500 baht per night, it is one if not the only hotel that can provide a large room right next door to the BTS station at this price point, In fact, you did get a special last minute rate, the Deluxe suite is always sold at around 2,000 baht per night due to it capacity.

Second, we have more than 200 plus reviews on agoda.com and a lot of them have mentioned that their main complaint was there was no lift. Most of the deficiencies in our hotel is our choice to help travelers provide what is essential to them but still helping keep our rates low, so our guests can enjoy decent accomodations while they stay in Bangkok. Providing a bell boy is desirable, but again that would mean higher rates. Turning on air conditioners before a guest checks in kis great for the guest, but again this increases our costs and also harms the environment by wastage. On the other hand, we do not hesitate in providing many services for free, for example free Internet, free bottles of water in the room replenished daily, unlimited free daily continental breakfast and also free baggage storage, which I believe a lot of hotels charge.

We believe that we may not be able to provide all the services, but we believe our guests have given us favorable reviews because we are providing the services that this segment of the market requires and we are not charging exuberant rates for that.

We hope you can understand.

Thank you once again for choosing The Mix Bangkok and we hope to see you again next time.

Yat Tung Lau
Owner of The Mix Hotels

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2012

We stayed in the mix Boutique hotel for 3 days. It is perfectly situated right next to the Skytrain which brings you everywhere for little money.
This hotel is definitively worth it's money. The rooms are huge, very clean and well maintained. Great beds and bathroom.
There is a simple free breakfast and staff is very polite.

There is no elevator, which was no problem for us. It is worth walking a few steps. We took the Garden view room as there is no traffic sound at that side.

highly recommended. Next time in BKK we will stay here again!

Room Tip: Go for the garden room that's the quite side of the hotel. And if you don't want to walk the...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Boston, MA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for 3 nights. The location is nice as the train is literally outside the main door. Even though the hotel has no lift, the walk was nice. We had rooms on the 3rd and 5th floor, and one room was upgraded! I enjoyed the free mineral water and nice mini fridge. The room was nice and big and a strong enough AC for Thai weather!

The mini breakfast nook was nice, along with free wifi or the usage of their computer! The staff are super friendly and helpful.

There was some cons here: our first night we heard people walking up the stairs giggling. I wasn't sure what time it was. Then later on we heard more people walking/talking. The walls are super thin, so you hear everything.

The towel rack in our bathroom was broken on one end, so we had to be careful not to drop it. I dropped it twice. The shower would have been better with higher walls on the floor, you have to shower to one side so you wouldn't wet the floor outside.

There is a nice 24/7 mart near by and a nice coffee shop like 3 stores down.

Overall, this is a nice hotel and I would definitely come back! It's pretty cheap too!

Room Tip: Choose lower level floors if you don't want to walk up the stairs, but the lowest level is the 3...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Kota Kinabalu, Sabah, Malaysia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2012

Stayed here last July. I remembered we checked in very late almost 1 am and the staffs were very friendly and helpful at the same time. Location was superb!..only a stone away from the BTS (train) service. The rooms were daily cleaned and new towels provided everyday. All the other basic necessities were provided for e.g soap, shampoo and even complimentary mineral water and even breakfast provided though its very basic just bread, jams and coffee but hey we can't expect royal treatment for the cheap price we paid right??...lol. The staffs even arranged a taxi to take us to the airports at 4.30 am!!!....I totally recommend this hotel and i'll definitely stay in this hotel again in my future Bangkok trip!

Room Tip: Ask for rooms in the lower level as this hotel has no lift!....trust me you don't want to carry...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2012

Nice very clean small hotel .very good value but reasons for lower price.

5 floors no elevator which is cool im still healthy enuff to climb a few stairs ,i recommend they install internal phones so if u want something you can call reception and they can bring it to you ,but like i said i dont mind the walk

Nice people but hey its thailand they are all nice.

price was good

location very good for BTS and there are many many food options within a 15 minute walking radius from hotel

7/11 shope 1 minute walk

Good cheap thai food stalls 2 minutes walk plus many coffee shops

Ive read the reviews on here and seriously ,some of you must walk slower than snails to say no food for 10-15 minutes ,i found plenty of very cheap options within 2-3 minutes from hotel.

Hotel offers very basic breaky but if u come out of hotel go left 1 minute is bakery offers american breaky for 59 Baht thats about $1.70 Aussie mind you i needed 2 to fill me up but still at $3.40 still great and i was full.

Very enjoyable stay no hasssles at all.

If you go to another country its so much better when the transport is at your door as it is here.

Ohh yeh the noise from Sukamvit road is quite noticable in your room but not so bad you cant sleep after a few beers :0) Lets face it your in Bangkok not Koh Samui

Cheers

Room Tip: go for the high floor if your over 50 lke me and enjoy the exercise ;0)
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank cruise1961
Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2012

Stayed at the family room which is located at the highest floor. Comfortably fit all 5 of us. Pros: Good location, BTS Phra Khanong is only steps away (mentioned by others too). I guess staying at the highest floor, you really couldn't hear much traffic noise, thus giving you a good night rest. The hotel provide towels, liquid soap, shampoo and conditioner. Cons: Be prepare to climb the wooden staircase, not recommended for older people esp with knee problems to book rooms at higher floors..reception is at groundfloor, pantry is at first and rooms at 2nd floor onwards. No major shopping malls nearby. But still having the BTS at the doorstep, its pretty convenient to travel.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2012

location is good. right at BTS Phra Khanong. near to Super Mart, 7-Eleven, MaxValue mini supermarket. very easy to find street food because they are everywhere near the hotel. the hotel sign very small, you have to see very carefully. room was great, furnished with kitchen with stove, fridge, microwave even knife, spoon, and frying pan! very value for money but unfortunately there was no lift. and we got room at 6th floor!!! brought 3 big size lugages and no one of the staffs tried to help us :)
everyday, they didn't really tidy the bed sheet. 3 days i stayed, 3 days with the same bed sheet. the bed cover still messed up, they didn't fold it well.
next 3 days, i checked out. i lost my wallet. I am afraid that my wallet was in my hotel's room, so i tried to call the hotel to help me to find my wallet but they seemed not really helpfull. ok, my mistake because i lost it, but they didn't really took an atention of it when i tried to ask for a help.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Yat Tung L, Owner at The Mix Bangkok, responded to this review, August 17, 2012
Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you ver much for taking the time to write the review. We did follow up with the discrepancy in the quality of the housekeeping during your stay. I was informed after you checked out that one of the maids did in fact not change your sheets. We apologize for this, and assure you that that was not normal practice at our hotel. Since you checked out, I have let the maid in question go, and she no longer works for us. I assure you t if you stayed again, this will not happen again.

Yat Lau