“Cheap, friendly and comfortable”

Link Corner Hostel Bangkok
Ranked #54 of 1,344 Specialty Lodging in Bangkok
Reviewed July 11, 2014

I Stayed 5 nights at Link Corner and was very impressed. The hostel is far enough away from the choas of Kho San Road and other busy night spots yet easily reachable by foot, cab or water taxi (the water taxi costs 12 baht at takes you most of the way to Kho San Road - so cheap!). There is also plenty of great street food 30 metres down the road from the hostel.

The staff were very friendly and happy to help with maps, navigation and recommended places to visit. The rooms were clean, comfortable and air conditioned and the common room was very welcoming with lots of mattresses to relax on, a computer and a tv with all the channels.

Additionally, the wifi was quite fast and worked in all of the rooms.

Another great aspect was the price! At 350 baht per night for a 6 person dorm it's really unbeatable considering the quality of the hostel! I will definitely be back.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled solo
linkcorner, General Manager at Link Corner Hostel Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2014

Hello Eric,

We really appreciate you taking the time and leaving us a review. We always love hearing from our guests after their stay. So glad you enjoyed your stay with us and its great to hear the staffs were helpful to you. Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed June 25, 2014

The location is pretty good, very near Airport Rail Link. We didn't bother to walk the 10 minutes to the nearest Sky Train station but just took the Airport Rail Link to connect to the Sky Train. The night market and Platinum Mall are within walking distance.

All things considered, I think this is a reasonably good hostel. But I wouldn't go so far as to call it a boutique hostel. No way. The pictures on their website look better that it really is. It's just a good hostel (except for the toilets).

Reception - the service at the reception was fine. They answered our questions politely and always had a smile. I couldn't help but notice another review mentioned this " carried my bag al the way to the top floor". When I was there I think fifth floor was the top floor as the sixth floor has a sign there that said "For Staff Only". No staff helped us carry our bags up, not that we needed it though.

Flexibility - There were 9 of us, and I had asked if we could book the 8-bed dorm (because they did not have a 9-bed or 10-bed dorm). My daughter is 11, and I asked if my daughter and I could share a bunk. The hostel was flexible enough to okay that without extra charge.

Cleanliness - quite all right, the bathroom's cleanliness varies from floor to floor. The toilet on the fifth floor was cleaner and in better condition than the toilet on the second floor. We stayed for 3 nights, and during that period, I don't think our dorm's floor was swept as the strands of hair stayed there all the while.

Like - my family were assigned the dorm room on the fifth floor, and the hostel highlighted that there was no elevator, so climbing 5 storeys of stairs were involved. We didn't mind climbing stairs even after a whole day of shopping so we still booked with them.

Biggest Dislike - I wish the hostel mentioned somewhere, that the toilets were shared by both males and females. I saw the drawing of the Thai male and Thai female pasted on the door of the toilet on the fifth floor after checking in. When I checked with the reception, I was told that only the toilet on the second floor was "Women Only". Wow, 4 floors of rooms (2, 3, 4, 5) and only the second floor toilet was for women (and it had only 3 shower cubicles). So the other 3 floors' toilets were unisex toilets.

The females in our family went to the toilet on second floor to shower. The clothes hook in the middle cubicle was falling apart, and so was the drain trap. The males in our family were luckier, they showered in the fifth floor unisex toilet.

To pee, or brush our teeth, the females in my family did not bother to trudge down to the second floor toilet. We used the unisex toilet on the fifth floor. The floor tiles are shiny, and you can see a blurry, darkish reflection of what the person in the toilet cubicle next to you is doing. Whether you're taking off your pants before you sit down on the throne or whatever, it's possible the neighbour using the next door cubicle is viewing the reflection on the shiny tile.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank hissyfit
LinkCornerHostel, Manager at Link Corner Hostel Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2014

Thank you for your enthusiastic comments. Your feedback is gladly appreciated. With regard to the pictures in the website, they were taken from the places as they were. Actually, few of our customers gave us very positive comments on this issue in many sites. We always make sure that our place are well maintain. Furthermore, we are sorry for the misunderstanding about the toilet issue. Since most of the rooms are mix gender, we provide the female restroom only on the second floor, the rest are mixed. However, we are improving our room and facilities description on the websites to be more clarified.

Reviewed June 23, 2014 via mobile

The girls on reception were so lovely!! I can't knock the service at all. Carried my bag all the way to the top floor and always helped me with directions. The location is good for the airport but I'd recommend staying more central for social scenes. Saying that Paya Thai shuttle station was a short walk away and a cheap ride to Siam Square. The dorms were plenty big enough and the lockers fit large backpacks in perfectly. The communal shower rooms weren't the best but did the job. Shame there is only two computer available too but that can be overlooked when wifi is free. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay here and would highly recommend.

• Stayed: March 2014
linkcorner, Front Office Manager at Link Corner Hostel Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded June 28, 2014

Hi Lizzies2904,

We appreciate the time that you took to share your feedback with us, and all of our future guests! We are so glad to read that your time spent with us was a great one! We hope that you would come and stay with us again in the future!

Cheers,

Reviewed June 16, 2014

Excellent, really helpful personal, nice common room in 2nd floor, so much good company. Birthdayparty of one worker was nice. Location is super, 3 minutes to Airport link train. Shops around the corner etc etc.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple

Hello Raidokuurmaa,

We absolutely love 5 star feedback!!!!!!!! Thank you for taking your time to post your wonderful feedback, for all of our future guests to read! We are delighted to read that you had such a great time here at Link Corner Hostel. Please come back and stay with us again soon! We would love to have you!

Reviewed May 31, 2014

not enough that the Airport Ling gets you strait only abround about 30 meters to the Hostel, the girl´s there speak perfect english and they have answers for all of your questions. AC and a place where you can relaxe, TV and hot water as well as a computer and free WIFI in the house. I never had any reason to complain. From there you can go esasy to all the places in the city. Ask the Girls if you don´t know how. So what are you waiting for?

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
linkcorner, Front Office Manager at Link Corner Hostel Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2014

Hello viajero945,

Many thanks for your generous words! We appreciate that you have taken time to write us an excellent review here on TripAdvisor. We enjoyed hosting you and are delighted that the stay met with your satisfaction. Hope to get the chance to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed May 30, 2014

Enjoyed my two day stay here. It was my first hostel as a solo traveler. The guests were friendly overall and the front desk staff were great. About 20 min walk from central Bangkok.

Pros:
- Clean rooms
- Power outlets by every bunk
- AC
- Right next to Ratchaprarop station (can get there directly from the airport)
- Shared fridge
- Wifi
- Kitchen/eating area

Cons:
- My room was 4 floors up. Quite the hike in the heat.
- Staff could be more knowledgable about tourist attractions and making suggestions, but they tried
- Lacked social aspect (i.e. activities)

Room Tip: Request a lower floor to avoid lots of steps

Hi Tase25,

Thank you so much for your compliments. We're glad you had a good time while you were here. We are grateful for the positive feedback of the hostel cleanliness and location. We look forward to having you at our hostel again.

Reviewed May 27, 2014

I stay around 3 night, this hostel clean. Location near to Pratunam (Baiyoke Sky Hotel) and Airport rail link. Easy access to Cha tu Chak Weekend Market by MRT. Its the best trip i had. I stay in Female dorm. If going to Pratunam Night Market walk around 5-10 Min.

Hi Ucuuyana,
Thank you for taking your precious time to write this review on Tripadvisor. We are extremely delighted to know you had a great time here. We appreciate your compliment and glad that our location brought you more convenience. We look forward to welcoming you back again.
Cheers,