“Thank you Link Corner and Lalita!”

Link Corner Hostel Bangkok
Ranked #54 of 1,344 Specialty Lodging in Bangkok
Reviewed March 28, 2013

link corner is a clean hostel,and the location is so good to go anywhere in BKK,and Lalita is nice and beautiful.We all love Link Corner,and will come to BKK again.My friend told me that this hostel is nice,so I choose this,and it is really good.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
linkcorner, General Manager at Link Corner Hostel Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2013

Hello Joey
Thank you so much for your nice review. We all so happy to hear that you guys had a great stay here. You and friends were brighten up our hostel to be more lively. I really hope to see you again in the future.... Have a good day!
Cheers,
Lalita

Reviewed March 26, 2013

Stayed here during our stay at BKK with friends. The location was perfect, near Airport Link, and the shopping area for a very affordable price! The staff was very friendly and approachable. The room is very clean and have a very comfortable bed though don't expect much regarding the toilet as it's shared (but it's still good). Nice common area where you can relax with friends after a long day's activity. The only thing I didn't like was the use of common slippers because of hygenic purposes.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
linkcorner, Manager at Link Corner Hostel Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2013

Thank you so much for your lovely review.
For the hygienic reason, we prepare indoor slippers for all guests to change before going upstairs. "No shoes" in the bed rooms also reduce unpleasant smell.
We clean our indoor slippers everyday. However, if you are not comfortable to ware our slipper, you can go bare foot :)
We hope to welcome you again soon.
All the best

Reviewed March 22, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at Link Corner hostel with a group of friends. I booked conveniently trough PayPal, which I loved since I didn't have access to my bank cards. Clean and quiet hostel with a cool second floor and pretty lobby. We were on the 5th floor, a bit of a hike with luggage. The staff was friendly and helpful, and I had to cancel 2 beds because my friends ditched out, but they were nice about it and only had to pay half the cost for them. My only complaint is that I called beforehand to make sure they had towels to rent, but when I went to rent a towel, they said they ran out. Not a huge deal though. Blankets were very comfortable! Well priced hostel and good location overall.

• Stayed: March 2013
linkcorner, Manager at Link Corner Hostel Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded March 23, 2013

Thank you so much for your kind words of appreciation!
We are very happy to know that you enjoyed your stay and we are terribly sorry that we do not have enough towel when you check in. We will make sure that the towel will be prepared.

All the best.

Reviewed March 18, 2013

Link Corner was a perfect stop for me and my friends. We hopped the SkyRail from BKK to Ratchaprarop Station and walked a few blocks to the Hostel. Very helpful staff, easily accessible, and made me feel like I was back home. I didn't have a care in the world and Link put my mind at ease by providing cabinets to lock up my belongings. Food was only a short walk away. I will definitely try to return in the future!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
linkcorner, Manager at Link Corner Hostel Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2013

Thank you very much for your wonderful review.
We are delighted to know that you have a good time here.
You are more than welcome at anytime. Hope to see you soon.
Cheers,

Reviewed March 16, 2013

I booked a dorm bed at the Corner Link hostel for when I arrived to BKK after a very long flight. The hostel is perfectly located if you are coming from the airport, it's only a few meters from the Skytrain station and very easy to find (there's a huge sign). It's a very clean and friendly hostel with nice common areas and clean showers and toilets as well as a/c.

1  Thank Honigmelonenmond
linkcorner, Manager at Link Corner Hostel Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2013

Thank you so much for your kind words of appreciation!
We hope to welcome you again soon.
All the best :)

Reviewed March 16, 2013

After reading all the good reviews about the place, I thought it'll be good to give it a shot, particularly since it is near the Pratunam area and the Airport Express.

When I got there, I was pleasantly surprised to find that the hostel is indeed just a few doorsteps away from the Airport Express station, and about 5 minutes walk from Pratunam. Unfortunately, the Airport Express line itself does not pass through the main Bangkok sites, and the intersection points with the BTS and MRT aren't exactly stops you'd visit too. So whilst it is very easy to get to/from the airport, getting to your shopping/sightseeing sites may be another story.

Adding salt to the wound, my room (a single one) was bare - just a plain table and bed, and that was pretty much it. The walls were seemingly thin too as I was able to hear everything my neighbours were talking about. Heck, my bed, which was placed against the wall, even started shaking early in the morning when my neighbours' bed started rocking against the thin partition (I'll leave it to you to imagine why their bed was rocking in the first place).

Also, there is no official boundary between the corridor and the bathrooms (i.e. no doors or walls segregating them, at least at my level) - as such, some people may not feel really comfortable bathing in here.

Admittedly, security is present in the hostel - whenever I enter/exit I do see someone monitoring the security cameras, but the hostel layout just doesn't give that feeling much. The staff there are friendly and willing to help though, so I'd say that's a plus point. In addition, the fact about it being that close to Pratunam and the Airport Link is definitely an advantage. It just doesn't reach the exceedingly good ratings portrayed here in my opinion, at least not by the typical accommodation quality which Thailand typically offers.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with thicker walls? I'm not sure if this is an available option though. :P
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo

Thank you for your enthusiastic feedback. We will bring your comments to improve our hostel.
Actually, the Airport Rail Link has one connection with the BTS sky train (at Phaya Thai station) and one connection with the MRT underground (at Makkasan station). Both connections are only one stop away from our place. So it is quite easy to connect with both lines.
All the best.

Reviewed March 13, 2013

I spent One Night in a female 6 bed dormitory and was very happy with my stay.
First of all, its in a perfect location for shopping- Platinum shopping mall, Central World, Siam Square and Siam Centre all within walking distance.
And its right next to the Sky Train Station, which is very convenient if you have to get to the international AirPort. (A Ticket is 40 Baht and it takes about 30min)
A Taxi from or to the Train station is only 60 Baht.

The hostel is very clean and they have a storage room, relaxing area with matress and cushions, wifi, a computer for all guests to share and a little kitchen area downstairs.
The air-con dorms are small, but there is enough space for luggage and a locker for each person (bring your own padlock). The bathroom was as clean as it could be... the one i used was for women only.
The staff was super friendly and helped me printing off flight tickets and explaining how to get to the airport.

All in all, i had a great time and will definitely stay there again on my next visit to Bangkok!

P.S. Make sure you have the adress of the hostel in thai and maybe even a map with the location to show to the taxi driver since nobody seemed to know how to get to there!!
P.P.S. Yes, i could hear cars driving past at night and i had to carry my backpack up a few stairs ... but its budget accommodation in the middle of Bangkok, what do you expect?!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
linkcorner, Manager at Link Corner Hostel Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2013

Thank you so much for your lovely review. We are very happy to know that you enjoyed your stay.
We hope to welcome you again soon :)
All the best