“Perfect place to stay in Bangkok.”

Link Corner Hostel Bangkok
Ranked #54 of 1,344 Specialty Lodging in Bangkok
Reviewed November 16, 2012

Very clean, friendly and helpful staff, plenty of hang-out areas, super easy to get to and from BKK airport (no taxis or tuk-tuks needed, and hardly any walking!), only a few blocks walk to all the shopping you could ever need, abundant street food and 7-11s, and a nearby night market. There is a bulletin board full of slips of paper with local sights, bus and train station names written in Thai that you can hand to taxi drivers, as well as a paper which has Thai directions to get you back home again.

Bonus: If you walk out the front door and turn right, there's a little street cafe with friendly service and great food and coffee.

Room Tip: I didn't have good luck getting wifi on the 4th or 5th floors, but others had no problem. 3rd a...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
linkcorner, Manager at Link Corner Hostel Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded November 23, 2012

Thank you very much for your wonderful feedback. It was our pleasure to have have you here with us. We hope to welcome you again soon in our Hostel and wish you all the best.

Reviewed November 12, 2012

Link corner was the first hostle I have ever stayed in. At first, the thought of staying in a hostel in thailand scared me slightly. This was due to numerous reasons, such as the possibility of bed bugs, cleanlyness factors and service, however, I was more than pleasently suprised. As soon as I got to the hostel I was greeted by two lovely staff members at the front desk. In the last four weeks, I have stayed in a total of 7 hotels, some ranging from 3* to 5*, but I have never had service like I experienced here. It was an effortless kindness, and the staff are always there to help, no matter what you need. Its great! Also, I stayed in a dorm, and it was spotless. the beds were clean, the floor was sweeped daily. There is also free wifi which is fab.
This hostel is very well priced, which slightly put me of at first becasue I expected it to be a bit shoddy, but not at all. What was ment to be a few nights turned into nearly two weeks. I cannot reccomend this place enough, and it has been an absaloute pleasure staying here. I will be back!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Christine M
linkcorner, Manager at Link Corner Hostel Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2012

Thank you so much for your fabulous review.
It was very nice to have you here with us and we hope to welcome you again soon :-)
Enjoy your teaching class (hope your new students are not so naughty).

Reviewed November 8, 2012

I went to bangkok 2 weeks ago, this hostel is the best! But went up to our room on 3rd floor was little bit tiring. But overall this hostel is good. Near the airport skyrail, so you can switch to BTS easily!

• Stayed: October 2012

We are happy to know that you enjoyed staying with us. Thank you so much for your great review. We hope to welcome you again in the future.
All the best,

Reviewed November 6, 2012

1: link corner hostel is quite cheap.
2: very clean & safe.
3: near to train station you can take direct train from airport subramaniam. to the hostel.
4: a lot of f&B outlets (mcd,kfc,n many)
5:staff very friendly.
6: wifi connection is also okey.
7: no need to stay in 5* hotel and waste you money enjoy stay here. n do shoping with that money...
i stayed in the hostel for 2 weeks. its was a memorable stay.

for any other info plz email me.
hammadagha@yahoo.com

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank hammad a

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave us your wonderful review.
We are very happy that you have enjoyed your time in our hostel.
We hope to welcome you again.

Reviewed October 24, 2012

My dad and I stayed here from Oct. 20 to 24. Overall, it's a good hostel. I highly recommend it.

Let's start with the pros:

1. The hostel's rates are really affordable. For around 900 baht a night, we got a spacious private room for two. You get cheaper prices if you're a backpacker who's fine with staying in a dorm room.

2. It's very near Airport Rail Link. Our flight arrived at 11 pm so we took the train to Ratchaprarop station. It's only 40 baht a person, so we spent only 80 baht to get to the hostel, as opposed to spending around 400 baht on a taxi fromn the airport. Even when on foot, the hostel is less than a minute away from the station, so we didn't have to worry about hailing a cab at night in a foreign, unfamiliar city to look for it. We didn't feel scared while walking because the path from the station to the hostel is well-lit and the road beside it was always busy with traffic. On the day of our flight back home, we had four big bags full of clothes, souvenirs, etc., but we still found it very convenient to walk to the station and get on the train straight to the airport.

The Airport Rail Link connects to the BTS train system via Phaya Thai, so we just took a train from Ratchaprarop to Phaya Thai to reach other places such as Chinatown, Chatuchak Market, Bobae Market, MBK, Siam Paragon, etc. Make sure to have a map handy so you know what train system to take!

4. There's a 7-11 just across the street, so we just bought our breakfast there.

5. It's along a major road, not in some dark, scary alley that's hard to find.

6. It's near the Pratunam area. I know that there are other hotels much nearer to Pratunam -- some are even inside the area -- but I preferred to stay in a place that's far enough from the hustle and bustle of the market, but still near enough to be walkable. After shopping, we decided to take a taxi of walking with heavy bags full of goodies, but it was not a problem because the taxi just had to go straight ahead back to the hostel. We insisted on using a meter, so we paid only 40 baht.

7. The aircon works perfectly fine. It's nice to go back to a cold room in the middle of the afternoon after shopping the whole day.

8. The hostel is clean. There's always someone sweeping the floors, refilling the tissue dispensers, etc.

9. The staff, particularly Mony and Lalita, are very friendly, helpful, and accommodating. They answered all my inquiries from the countless emails I sent them prior our trip, to the questions we asked them while we stayed there. They speak great English, too, so I felt that I could trust what they said to us. This kind of excellent customer service is hard to find, so keep it up!

Here are the cons:

1. The wifi isn't working. I was able to connect, but it was soooo slow. I always got "can't find server" or "server ot responding' whenever I tried to visit a webpage. I used three devices -- my Samsung phone, my dad's Samsung tablet, and my iPod Touch. Not one of them was able to get a decent Internet speed. We stayed in the second floor and third floor, so the signal should have been strong enough.

2. There's only one desktop computer. I think it would be a good idea to have an second computer so that people don't have to wait in line. It can be switched off when not in use.

3. There aren't enough hooks inside the room. I understand that adding a closet is expensive, and I don't expect to get a closet in a hostel, anyway. But hooks are cheap and easy to add, so I hope there will be more hooks from which people can hang clothes and towels.

4. The lock on the door doesn't feel secure. It's just an ordinary spring lock. It would be better if it's a deadbolt. Also, it would be nice to have a barrel bolt from the inside just for added security. Just to be clear, we didn't lose anything valuable there and no one tried to break into our room, but I'm just saying that if someone had plans to do just that, he or she would have found it easy to do.

5. It's beside a busy road, so if you're a light sleeper, this can be a problem. But we weren't, so we slept like babies at night.

Link Corner Hostel is a basic hostel, but it delivers what it has with excellent customer service and high-quality maintenance. It doesn't pretend to have something that it doesn't have, so you can fully expect to get what the pictures show and what the descriptions say. I would rather stay in Link Corner than in some other hotel that sounds too good to be true, because it usually is. With Link Corner, what you see and read is what you get.

Room Tip: No elevators, so pick a room in the second or third floor.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
6  Thank Lex R

Thank you so much for your deliberatly review.
It's our pleasure to have your father and you with us.
We are trying to improve our facility and service to make the best of your stay.
From your recommendations, we already added more hooks and extra locks in our rooms.
Also, we are working with the technician to improve our Wifi signal.
More computer in a common area will be provided soon.
Thank you again and we hope to welcome you in the future.

Reviewed October 23, 2012

My first time in Thailand and I'm very enjoy stay at Link Corner Hostel. My holiday was perfect because Link Corner. For a week at there and I never regret. All staff are kind and nice. Room and hostel is very comfortable, clean, great location, and very cheap. Just try stay at Link Corner Hostel and you'll wanna come back !! Khawp khun kha . Chan chob muang Thai . Chan chob kon Thai :D . I will come back someday !!!

Room Tip: Room 2B are favorite room
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Irma F
linkcorner, Manager at Link Corner Hostel Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2012

Thank you so much for your lovely review Irma!! Thanks to Rudy and Shiella as well. We also had a great time with you guys. So glad to hear that you are happy and enjoy stayed with us because we are just a little hostel in Bangkok but so lucky to have a chance to know you guys. Wish you all the best and see you again..... Cheers, (^_^)

Link Corner Family

Reviewed October 17, 2012

Throughout our stay in Thailand, we came back to stay at Link Corner Hostel on numerous occasions. The reason for this was because of the warmth, and kindness of service we received by all of the staff that worked there. We stayed at a whole range of accommodation in Thailand - from budget to boutique luxury - and by far the best was the quality of everything we received at Link Corner Hostel.

Coupled with the service you'll receive, the location of the hostel is fantastic. From the airport, it's a direct train link through to Ratchaprarop station on the airport link. From there, it's a two minute walk to the hostel (you can even see the huge sign when you exit the train at the station).

The rooms are basic, yet clean and modern, with cool air-conditioning on those humid and hot Bangkok nights. The public areas are also aesthetically pleasing, with quality furniture to use whilst you're downstairs hanging out, or eating breakfast or dinner like my girlfriend and I did.

Speaking about food, the street-food located round the hostel is brilliant. Round the corner, and past the supermarket, you can get an amazing Pad-Thai for 40 baht. Over the road from Link Corner, there's a couple which have a stand cooking a spicy chicken broth type dish for 30 baht, and just down the road from the 7-11, as you go away from Link corner, there's an amazing street-food restaurant which have exotic and spicy salads, seafood, and chunky noodle dishes which are heavenly.

To sum up, don't be persuaded by the masses to stay in Khao-San road, but head straight from the airport to Link Corner as you won't be disappointed!

Room Tip: Level two and level four were are our favourites.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
linkcorner, Owner at Link Corner Hostel Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded October 20, 2012

Thank you so much for your wonderful review, Jonathan :)
This means a lot to all of us here. It's always our pleasure to welcome you and Lui.
Thank you again for be my guests everytime you return to Bangkok.

All the best