Lowest prices for your stay
$18
$15
Booking.com$17
Hotels.com$18
Travelocity$18
All reviews emporium mall bts station decent hotel sukhumvit phrom barong
Selected filters
Reviewed October 17, 2012

The price was convenient. Breakfast okay and sufficient. Room was clean. Front desk people were nice. However I never experienced a hotel room without having a window before. It was like in a basement room, no daylight and it wasn't described in the hotel description. It was not possible to change the room. Finally building work started in the morning at 7 am ... no sleep late

Room tip: Ask for a room including a window.
Date of stay: October 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank John D
Reviewed October 10, 2012

As a single female traveler in Bangkok, this hotel was perfect for my three nights in the city. First, the location was great since it was near a BTS station (around a 5-7 minute walk). This made it easy to explore the city. Although some of the establishments near the hotel were a little shady at night (the only drawback), I felt comfortable walking back around 11pm to the hotel from the station. The room I was in was very large for a single traveler, which was amazing since the room price was pretty cheap. I thought the decor was modern and well-done, especially the bathroom. The only minor complaint I have is that the shower temperature was lukewarm, but that was fine considering the heat from outside. My room did not have a window, which was fine since I was out most of the day. The air-conditioning worked great as well, which was very welcoming after a long day in the heat. The staff was very friendly my entire stay, and I thought the breakfast (fruit, toast, cereal) was good considering it was included with the room. I would love to stay here again the next time I'm in Bangkok. Make sure you ask for a free map of the city so it's easy to see the sites.

Date of stay: August 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed October 1, 2012

The location is interesting because it's surrounded by massage parlors mostly dedicated to japanese men. There are some good bars nearby, but the street got a bit flooded the day I was there. It's pretty close to the bts and there is a lot of shopping nearby.

I stayed in a Small room and it wasn't so bad. The furniture looked new but it was super cheap stuff. Definitely not enough wall plugs! I plugged my phone charger into one wall, and every time i did that, I could hear rattling glasses in the room next door. That one was was extremely thin! Plus, I didn't have any windows so I didn't really know what was going on outside: sunny, dark, raining...etc. The tv programming was good and catered to an english speaking audience.

It was nice having a free breakfast included. The breakfast was pretty simple, but in addition to fresh fruit, pastries, toast, and coffee, they did offer small portions of eggs, ham, sausage (actually a really nasty version of a hot dog), and juice.

Room tip: Definitely get a room with a window
Date of stay: September 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed October 1, 2012

I was worked for Japanese company who has office near this hotel, just 5 minutes walking.

Been first time to Bangkok and having this hotel right in the middle of red light district just never thought of it in my mind before.
Starts at 5.00 PM, many parlous offering their services to every walking man. I think it's Japanese tradition for a working man having massage after working.

This hotel is having problem with the entrance, we must up to a brick stairs to go to the lobby, very difficult if you having huge luggage.
There is a lift, but there is no one neither the staff or security inform this lift.

The breakfast is very very basic, just some sausages and fresh salads, some slices of bread also available. Don't waste your time to go to breakfast in this hotel, just walk for 1 minute and you will have plenty of choices on Thai breakfast just for under US$ 2.

The room was very neat and compact. Shower and AC works well.
Don't expect too much on satellite TV, the local shows with Thai language are more than international broadcast.

I don't like the smell in the hall just when you walking in to the room, smells very creepy.

Overall, this hotel was OK for single dude or bunch of guys who wants to have fun in Bangkok, but definitely not for family vacation.

Date of stay: May 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed September 24, 2012

The hotel location is great not far from BTS sky train, and Emporium shopping mall. Its located on Soi 33 lots of restaurant, bars and Japanese karaoke bars and Thai massages.
The breakfast room is compact and the service was good. Basic breakfast.
The staff were very polite pleasant helpful and accommodating.
Rooms are modern contemporary and good size with all mod-cons in room, excellent rain shower, however no bath tub.
The only downfall about this hotel is that there is construction site right opposite and they start at 6am which was not very good if you want a lie in, I did call the reception and they asked them to stop as they were suppose to start work at 10am. I was told by staff that the construction will be finished by end of this year.
I would return to stay again even with the noise going on next door to the hotel.

Overall 8 out of 10