“Short stay”

Grande Centre Point Terminal 21
Ranked #93 of 893 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed December 12, 2013

We booked a Grand Suite. All ok, but at check in I asked if we can have an upper floor. She told me that floor 21 is already high and that the other floors above are smoking floors. OK! 21 was high enough but the 10 floors above us for sure wasn't all smoking floors. It's not a big deal but I don't know why she need to lie on us. Even they blocked my credit card with 3000 Baht without informing me. The just said that they need my credit card for guarantee. Normally there not supposed to block money. I just realized because I checked in internet. After two weeks I had the money back. But is this neccessary?
The room service food was not good at all. Two times very cold and bad test. I called the roomservice to complain that food was too cold. I got asked if we don't have a micro wave in room. Good what can you say in that moment?
No cheese on the breakfast buffet. Need to ask at egg station.
What ever I was happy. Very good location. Staff mostly friendly. But not 5 star. Sorry.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank TomHouwi
GCPTerminal21, Manager at Grande Centre Point Terminal 21, responded to this reviewResponded December 13, 2013

Dear Mr. Tom Houwi,

On behalf of the management, we thank you very much for your choosing to stay and appreciated your time sharing comment.
First of all , we would like to express our sincere apology for your inconvenience during stay with us. We have brought these comment to the management attention to prevent reoccurence and to improve our serivce, especially credit card and room service procedure.
According to the hotel policy, our staff must ask for the guest's credit card for incidentail charge garuntee and deposit. According to the room assignment, hotel staff would reserve the residential floor with fully equipted aplliance for the Long Term guest and the 21st floor is in fact the highest floor for the leisure short term guest.
We thank you very much for kind understanding and support.

Resident Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (2,312)

Reviewed December 11, 2013

This hotel actually looks like the pictures on booking.com, hotels.com etc. The rooms are very nice, modern and clean. The view from the room is amazing! Location is great, with the skytrain litterally stopping in the reception. Pool area is great, but the water is a bit cold. The only thing a little bit negative was the breakfast. The bacon was rock hard!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Mr. Gisle_13,

We thank yoy and really appreciated your kind support in choosing to stay with us.
We hope you had a great time staying with us at Grande Centre Point Terminal21 and hope to see you revisit us again soon.
We wish you a happy holiday.

Reviewed December 10, 2013

Easily reached by sky train from the airport and is very cheap.
Only stayed 3 nights here before moving on to Pattaya, arrived at approx 3.30pm but sadly my room wasn't ready and was told to wait 1hr, Not great news after travelling 24hrs but anyway popped into the Terminal 21 Shopping Mall next to hotel and had something to eat to kill time.

Apart from check in issue, the hotel staff were all pleasant with greetings and smiles, a big thank you to a member of concierge who helped with ringing up a 3rd party tour company ( not affiated to hotel) that was 2hrs late.

My room was situated on the 17th floor although not that big but still adequate for one person, had a corner room which was dominated by large window area, Great view of the Westin Hotel lol.
Lots of storage space in room and the toilet with automated derrière wash is fun and I don't think any guest would complain.
The hotel concierge also arranged for my onward journey to Pattaya in a private car for a cheap price. Thumbs up.

Negative points.

Room not being ready till 4.30pm
Room didn't have a desk and chair
Room could of been a little bit bigger.

After all the above I would stay again but maybe choose a bigger room for the right price.

Room Tip: Spend more on a bigger room.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Henry T
GCPTerminal21, Manager at Grande Centre Point Terminal 21, responded to this reviewResponded December 18, 2013

Dear our valuse guest, Mr. Henry Oh,

We really apreciate your kind comment and time sharing your experience while staying with us.
It is truely helpful.
We hope you and an enjoyable visit.
According to the room awai time before checking in, we apologize for the delay.
We have been pass to all concern to improve this matter.
Besides, we hope your enjoy the stay with us.
We wish you and yur family a very happy holiday.

Kind regards,

Reviewed December 9, 2013

Stayed here 3 nights while in BKK on business.
1st time to this hotel. What attracted me most was its location and direct connection to Asok BTS as well as proximity to MRT. Terminal 21 mall next door is also useful to catch a meal or cinema.
Taxi from airport couldn't find the hotel drop off ( hint you need to enter via T21 mall car park entrance but skirt the mall and emerge on the other side of the building).
More woes followed. My prepaid booking wasn't on file so they weren't expecting me. I waited half an hour to be shown to a suite (good service recovery). Front desk promised to send my luggage up. Room was comfortable with a good selection of tv channels and a view of Asoke. Bathroom had heated toilet seat and Jap style hands free toilet ( yayyy! 2 thumbs up)
30 minutes later- no luggage. 2 calls to front desk followed over the next 30 minutes without any sign of my luggage. I had to run off to a meeting so on the way out, I went personally to front desk to point out the luggage which was still at concierge. 2 hours later when I returned, my luggage was still Concierge. I had to personally wheel my bags up to my room. Hmph.
Checked out the facilities - tennis courts, gymn & pool. Not bad.
Club lounge was unwelcoming. Facilities were basic. Staff were surly, never mind. I didn't intend to stay there long anyway.
Evenings were interesting with various middle aged gentlemen escorting rather young & heavily made up local ladies into the lifts and up to the rooms unchallenged by staff. The hotel's proximity to soi cowboy and nana plaza probably explained that. Whatever, it didn't seem eapecially family friendly.
Breakfast was basic. Below par. I only ate there for 2 out of my 3 days.
Glad to check out of this place. Probably won't come back again unless management cleans up their act. Pity, cos the location is great.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank deo68

Dear Mr. Deo 68,

We have recieved your comment and directly investigate our team and all concern. On behalf of management, we deeply apologize for your inconvenince and unexpected incident for the bell service. The team has implemented strictly the service standard to ensure the smooth service to all guests. Again we apologize for inconvenience caused.
We will improve the bell service and prevent the problem.

Reviewed December 4, 2013 via mobile

We stayed 3 nights in this hotel and were very happy with our choice. Of course our first impression was excellent since we were upgraded to a grand suite, which had amazing panoramic views of the city. The suite was spacious and the bathrooms were large and comfortable. The kitchenette had the biggest refrigerator I had ever seen in a hotel room/ service apartment. Everything looked new and state-of-the art. My kids loved the TV of course!

But what we really liked about the hotel was its location right next to terminal 21 and Asok BTS - the hotel was connected to both so we never had to worry about the weather! It was so easy popping to the supermarket or taking a trip anywhere. Terminal 21 is a great mall for kids - they enjoyed checking out the themed toilets at each level. And the themed decorations on every floor made for great photos! The food court was great value for money and the food was delicious, and there were plenty of restaurants to suit every taste.

It was also very near Escape Hunt at Interchange 21 which is a fun activity for the family that we enjoyed tremendously.

Service was attentive and my kids loves the welcome drink at the lounge that is available from
7 am to 7 pm daily. They had roselle juice and honey lemon on different days.

We also loved the automated toilet seats! All the toilets in the hotel and Terminal 21 had these Japanese toilet bowls. The kids enjoyed pressing the buttons!

Would stay here again the next time I visit Bangkok for sure!

• Stayed: November 2013

Dear our valued guest,

We thank you kindly for your comment and sharing. We hope you had an enjoyable visit. Our team really appreciate your kind support.
Once again we sincerely thank you.
We wish to welcome you back again soon.

Prawi Vi

Reviewed December 4, 2013

We were able to stay at this hotel at reasonable rates (by Australian standards) when they discounted their rate in November. We booked a deluxe suite, the idea appealed that we had our own laundry facilities and private access to pool etc. A handy hint, print off your hotel address and directions in Thai for your taxi driver if you're not in privately booked transport. If riding in a taxi ask the driver politely to put on the meter (insist) as some of them will offer you a fixed price and take you off the beaten track to buy things from their friends first. We came from the older airport (air Asia) and it took about 40 minutes and we paid 185baht ($7.00), so cheap. The hotel lobby and foyer were luxurious and the staff were most welcoming and friendly, each of them without fault. Our room was on the 30th floor which allowed us private access to the pool, tennis, putting green, sauna and executive dining (not in main restaurant). The pool area is well kept the grounds manicured beautifully. Only one issue, the beds are very hard, we thought we'd get used to it but no :-). The location is so very convenient. You have private entry to terminal 21 shopping mall and also private access to both the MRT and the BTS transport system as you're right at Asok station. Catch the BTS and get off at Chit Lom (2 stops) for more retail therapy. The buffet breakfast was plentiful and of very good quality, again the wait staff service was exemplary. We experienced both the Chatuchak markets and those at Pathunam. As others have said, go early to Chatuchak (9.00am) it is less crowded and not so hot, try the coconut icecream from the stall near the clock tower, yum. We got a real buzz from negotiating our way through Pratanum on our way to the Baiyoke Sky Tower . So crowded and a frantic pace, quite the contrast to terminal 21. We paid 300 Baht ($10Aud) to go to the 84th floor of the tower where we stood on a revolving platform (takes 10 minutes to go around). Others complain that it's too expensive as it's old and dated but we enjoyed the birds eye view it gives you of this hustling bustling city, that includes a free beer. Only one of us spent more time in the bathroom than we should have so make sure you see a travel doctor for preventative medication before you leave home as insurance. The hotel has a 24hr doc on call if need be, thankfully we didn't. The Thai people are calm, gentle and obliging, we enjoyed or first visit very much, thanks to staff at Grande Centre Point, we will return.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SweetsGoldCoast

Dear our valued guest, sweet goldcoast,

It has been our pleasure to serve you and we are truely grateful for such a wonderful and kind complement. We thank you very much and really appreciated.
Our will is the guest's satisfaction as priority. Please kindly do not hesitate to imform our staff or duty manager 4 hrs service in any inquiry.
According to the hard bed, we have top mattress service upon your request. Please just call our staff.
Besides. we thank you very much for sharing yoour enjoyable stay.

Best Regards.

Reviewed December 4, 2013

Booked this Hotel as a treat for the wife on a one night stop over before flying to the south of Thailand, wont be doing that again (Booking this Hotel, not treating the wife). The room we booked was a double and given a twin, told to push the beds together by an unsympathetic receptionist who has never been on a customer relations course! the Photos they put up on the Agoda site were certainly not of the room we were given which was tiny, and cramped, kept awake all night by some screaming hysterical woman 2 doors away, not the fault of the hotel I know but I must of heard" he not pay me" in Thai a hundred times before security could be bothered to cart her off, Location is good this is why they feel they can charge £90 a night, buffet breakfast good and must not forget to mention the space age toilet, very much aimed at the Japanese clientele but you can spend a good 15 minutes playing with all of the functions!!

Room Tip: Don't take the photos on their site as a reason to stop here
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
GCPTerminal21, Manager at Grande Centre Point Terminal 21, responded to this reviewResponded December 20, 2013

Dear our valued guest,

We thank you for your comment and instructive comment.
We have investigated the record. We apologize for any inconvenience.
According to the Front Desk Staff and all inconvenience, the hotel is actively working to improve service quality. With the highest standard of the hotel service, your comment and suggestion is truly helpful and will be passed to all concern. We thank you for your kind support.

The Management