“Good location and service” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Grande Centre Point Terminal 21

Grande Centre Point Terminal 21
Ranked #90 of 849 Hotels in Bangkok
Singapore, Singapore
“Good location and service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2013

The hotel has age on its side - it is relatively new and so the rooms are still relatively pristine and new. We were upgraded from Superior rooms to Deluxe rooms.

The bathroom is very spacious and the toilet bowl is fitted with what used to only be found in Japanese toilets - the full works with functions like posterior wash etc. Really liked the big windows which gave us a nice view of the city - sunlight can be blocked out with day and night blinds.

The concierge were relatively helpful in getting a taxi booking for our trip to the airport and helped us find the locations of some restaurants we wanted to visit.

The hotel is very conveniently located - next to Asok BTS station and Sukhumvit MRT station.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
GCPTerminal21, The Management at Grande Centre Point Terminal 21, responded to this review, May 5, 2013
Dear our valued guest,

On behalf of the all staff of Grande Centre Point Hotel & Residence Sukhumvit – Terminal 21, we would like to express our sincere appreciation for your support for choosing to stay with us and comment received.
It also has been our pleasure to serve you.Once again, thank you very much and hope to have you visit again.

Sincerely Yours,
The Management

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (359)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2013

I enjoyed my 4 nights stay at Grande Centre Point - Terminal 21. The hotel is located right at the door step of the BTS station, Asoke, and it is linked to Terminal 21. It is so convenient. If you need a massage at the end of the day, Urban Retreat is just opposite the hotel (The downside is that Urban Retreat closes at 1000hrs (Thailand time).) & if you are there over the weekend and have got intentions to visit the famous Chatuchak Weekend Market, just take the BTS until Mo Chit station. It's that convenient.

The hotel is clean and neat. I stayed in the Deluxe room and is practically well equip with washing machine, refrigerators and a small stove and sink should you want to prepare for your own breakfast if you want to do so. It was a pleasant experience overall, and I reckon I will stay there again for my next visit to Bangkok.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear our valued guest,

Thank you very much for your sharing experience and we appreciate your choosing to stay with us. Of course, Our hotel is situated in conjunction of the public transportation and in the middle of business area. There are 32 room floors with the city view and we have several room types to match with your preference. And with access to the Terminal 21 shopping mall.

We hope that we will have an opportunity once again to welcome you back for the next visit in the near future.

Best Regards,
The Management
Brisbane, Queensland. Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2013

Just enjoyed 3 nights in a Deluxe Premium room which we booked through Expedia.
This is a beautiful, new hotel in a great location. The room itself was like a mini apartment, not overly big but thoughtfully designed. Surprisingly it had a microwave, full size refrigerator, washer/ dryer, sink etc. The bathroom was opulently appointed with a fully electronic WC that did everything but shine my shoes a big bath and separate shower. The automatic controls on the window shades were also a nice touch.
The hotel is located in the same complex as the large Terminal 21 shopping centre and there is a door off reception where you can discreetly slip into the shopping centre itself without having to go outside and back in. There is a supermarket on the lower ground floor that has beer, wine etc. very handy. Virtually right outside the main entry is the train station, which can take you anywhere you want in Bangkok.
For me, this hotel had it all, and I will be happy to return on my next visit to Bangkok.

Room Tip: We were on the 30th floor and the view was fantastic
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Richarddownunder
Macau, China
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2013

The only good thing about the hotel is its location - right beside the BTS station and not a long walk from MRT. Also, you find ample shopping and eateries in the mall Terminal 21. The rooms are also spacious but that's normal in Bangkok standards, and the value for money is fair (however, been checking out the prices recently as we're going there again next month and found the rates terribly increased). One thing I liked about the deluxe room is the washing machine. You can ask for washing powder or buy from the nearby convenient store for B10 and you return or move on to the next leg of your trip with clean, fresh clothes (machine comes with drying function too). Let's Relax spa is a must for massage but need to book in advance.

On the downside, customer service is extremely poor. I stayed there twice - once in July 2012 and my last in December 2012. The reason I went back was because of its convenient location only as you probably end up spending most of your day out and about and just use the room to sleep.

Breakfast at the so-called reserved level for deluxe room customers is far from making you feel privileged. If you have an option to book a room without breakfast, do it. You find nicer places in the mall such as Auntie Annie or the food court itself. The tiny pool is often packed with crowds, and I never got a dip in it in either of my stays. The children's play room is dirty with armies of ants here and there.

Overall, would recommend, but just consider the room only and perhaps the washing machine!

Room Tip: Go for deluxe, a little larger but comes with the washing machine. Otherwise, standard ones are OK a...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Greater Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2013

Recently returned from Thailand visiting friends. Before we left the UK we decided to treat ourselves to a three night stay in a Bangkok city centre hotel, and our friend recommended the Grande Centre Point at Terminal 21. Given the name, I was dubious but a bit of online research reassured us. When we arrived at the hotel, the reception staff were fantastic, ultra polite and professional and helpful. We were shown to our room and were speechless. Our room turned out to be a suite on the 30th Floor with unbelievable views over the city. Everything was ultra contemporary, with a smart lounge / diner / kitchen, a sumptuous bedroom and a very cool bathroom. We booked the bed and breakfast option and were rewarded with a great breakfast each morning in a lovely restaurant and the food was excellent. The hotel has a leisure club and we loved the rooftop infinity pool and sun loungers. We would highly recommend this hotel! Location was great, right next to the sky train terminal, brilliant for getting across the city. In summary - fantastic stay, brilliant hotel, exceptional staff. Even better, by UK standards, the cost was incredibly reasonable - about the equivalent of £90 a night! Unbelievable .....

Room Tip: Try to get a room on a high floor - the views of the city are stunning.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Peoria, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2013

I booked a 4-night stay here. I'm actually staying only 3 nights because my arrival into Bangkok was delayed nearly 24 hours, due to weather along my route. I think the hotel felt sorry for me (having to pay for a no-show one night) and upgraded me from a grand deluxe room to a grand deluxe SUITE for my remaining 3 nghts. Much appreciated!! A grand deluxe suite is a corner room with a huge expanse of windows. If you know this building at all, the exterior is somewhat curved. The curved windows in a corner room allow for a great panoramic view. My view happens to be looking northward.

First night, before heading to bed, and being very tired after two long days of travel just to get here, I wanted a quick bowl of cereal. I had purchased a small milk and individual sized box of corn flakes at the local 7-11. To my surprise, my "kitchen" has a sink, hot pot, and fridge, and there are cups for coffee and water glasses (no wine glasses), but no other dinnerware or utensils!! Lucky for me, I had also bought a yogurt at 7-11 and you always get a small plastic spoon with each yogurt you buy. So, a water glass had to be my cereal bowl. Lesson learned. Don't plan on going to the grocery store to pick up supplies for an in-room meal unless you also pick up the tableware to put it on!! I did not ask the front desk about utensils and dinnerware, but perhaps you can get some delivered to your suite if you ask. I was far too tired to deal with the situation and made the best of it with the water glass.

There is a small microwave and for some strange reason there is a Pyrex sort of bowl with lid sitting inside the microwave. Don't know what good it would do to cook something in this bowl and then have no utensils to eat it!! Anyway, I have an interesting "kitchen." This hotel also has long-stay suites, which I am sure are supplied with all the necessities for cooking, dining, and cleaning up (also washing machine for laundry). Cupboard and drawer space is adequate. Too bad it is basically empty........

The hot pot is one of those that you push down on a button to make hot water come out of a spout. My hot pot was not air tight (broken seal) so it would not pour out any hot water. I asked for a replacement next morning, and it was supplied. I also asked that the TV remote in the bedroom, which did NOTHING when trying to turn on the TV, be supplied with new batteries. That did not happen, but I've discovered that if I give the remote a good shaking and maybe slap it against my hand, I might get it to work!

The breakfast buffet is quite an array of food, food, and more food. The scene is a madhouse, but staff does a very good job of keeping tables cleared for arriving guests. I didn't notice any food items running short, so they also do a good job of keeping the dishes filled. Breakfast is an international buffet, so plenty of interesting dishes to consider.

The bed is very comfortable, and the water pressure in the shower is good. Two very important concerns for me. There is a nice selection of amenities, bathrobes, slippers, plenty of closet space, and separate air con controls for the living area and the bedroom. There is an electronic window shade in the bedroom. One quick push of the button will open or close the shade bottom to top.

There are two Samsung flat screen TVs with remote, and a good selection of movie channels, news channels, sports channels, and local TV, plus other channels in various languages around the globe. Bangkok is a city that attracts people from all over the world, and Centre Point has this in mind with their cable selections.

Bedding is very nice, with fine sheets, pillow cases, and a nice duvet. There are plenty of pillows. They are soft and fluffy, not foam pillows (which give me a headache). The bathroom has both a nice sized shower stall and a deep soaking tub. The toilet is "interesting" as it has all sorts of buttons to push to keep the seat warm, get a posterior wash, you get the idea. The toilet flushes automatically after being used (if you are sitting down). Quite the gadget. My husband the gadget freak would LOVE this, but alas, he is not here on this trip. I am a bit disappointed at the lack of counter space in the bathroom. The sink is very large, which leaves little rooms for one's kit bag(s) of toiletries. Not a real big deal, but if two people are travelling and sharing the space, it might get touchy! I have yet to find a hotel with great lighting for applying make up. Centre Point is in the same category..... (is it MEN who design these bathrooms and don't really care that much about the lighting????)....

If you opt to try the Grande Centre Point at Terminal 21, I would heartily suggest that you book a grande deluxe suite. It appears to be much more spacious than a grand deluxe "room", some of which I've had a quick peek into as the house keeping was servicing and the door was open. If I do return, still undecided as to this point, I would not hesitate to book the suite instead of a room.

I like that this hotel is very modern. I like the sleak stying of the furnishings. I like the white "kitchen" as it signifies freshness. There are some things that are showing wear. Nicks in the veneer on the desk and tables, dark spots in the grouting of the marble floor tiling, and cupboard doors that stick.

Room Tip: Go for the grand deluxe suite! You'll appreciate the space.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Sim C
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2013

Made the mistake of going to the other Grand pointe hotel first and finally wound up in the right hotel. First impressions was positive in terms of lobby and cleanliness. My room was fine but friends wound up having dirty sheets so check. Rooms are very white/sterile sleek feeling. Feels like a miami style condo if that's your thing. Location is excellent as its connected to the train station and also attached to the mall if you want to grab something to eat. Had the breakfast which was good and sufficient (Have had better in other asian cities but still good)

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends