“Great location and nice room”

Grande Centre Point Terminal 21
Ranked #101 of 887 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed June 15, 2012

Hotel is located just in the middle of Sukhumwit area. It is next to both MRT and BRT so you can travel around very easy. The location is also not too crowded as it is behind the Termial 21.

Check in is quite smooth and acceptable. However, for 5 star hotel, I should have been given welcome drink. They require ID card and credit card when check in. No one come to ask if they should carry my hand bag. Therefore I think their service is not upto 5 stars yet. One thing is good during check in was they gave me two cards without asking.

In the elevator, I need to touch the card on the lift pad and then select the floor. If you do not have one or forget it in the room, you can go to any floor unless ground floor only.

Room design is good and the use of room space is excellent. I have all I need in the room. Microwave, fridge, large LCD, sofa and comfortable bed. I stay on the superior corner room and have a great view over Sukhumwit road. Toilet system is great and modern. One sad thing is there is no bath tub in the bathroom, otherwise I can overlook a good city view while soaking in bath tub the sitting on the toilet seat.

Breakfast provided with lots of food, western, Chinese, Thais and Japanese. However, I don't think the taste is great but acceptable. Maybe, they have too many food, so I don't feel it yummy.

Conclusion, it is good for every types of travelers. Kid room and swimming pool also looks nice. I didn't have time for those but just walk around and they look nice.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed June 13, 2012

Location is perfect right next to the skytrain and just a door to Terminal 21 shopping mall.
Rooms are more apartment style but nice and clean. Pool and gym was nice.
Breakfast average. Service is really bad. The reception staff is really unfriendly and not service minded at all. It feels like they put kids in the reception without any experience at all.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank Mantaray_74
Reviewed June 12, 2012

Reached Suvarnabhumi Airport, took Airport Express to Phaya Thai (BTS Skytrain) station, then took Skytrain from Phaya Thai station to Asok BTS Station. Got off the train, walked down a flight of stairs, you can see Terminal 21 shopping complex on your right and this hotel is attached to Terminal 21 shopping complex as well as Asok (BTS Skytrain) station and Sukhumvit (Mertro) station. It is that easy to reach here from the airport.

Wonderful is the word to describe this hotel. As you walked in, grand and well lighted lobby. While waiting to check in, you can help your self to hot and cold beverages at the lobby. My checking took me in less than 5 minutes. You can help yourself to the drinks anytime.

Clean room and toilet. I was staying the corner unit (with a queen size bed). It is smaller than others (my friends were staying in others (not corner unit) and have electonic blinds for windows). The toilet is fully automatic, you just removed your clothing and do your business, let the cleaning up to be done by the toilet- you get what I mean. Soft bed and soft pillows - well not my liking as I like them hard. There is a safe and mircowave oven in the room and an umbrella too. Toiletries are well stocked and you get a 40 inch flat screen TV with at least 40 channels - anyway I was not in Bangkok to watch TV. Bottled drink water (2 bottles per day) and fruits (some banana and rambutans) on the coffee table in the room are complimentary. Bathroom is spacious and as mine is the corner unit, it has a glass window looking at the Bangkok skyline.

Breakfast is widespread, catering for Asians (my observation) as the guests are mainly Asians (from Japan, Korea, Taiwan and Hong Kong). However, it serves the same choices every mornings, so if you are staying for long period, it can be boring. Nevertheless, breakfast is superb, take it and it can keep you sustained for a hectic day of shopping and sightseeing. If you are getting tired of the breakfast spread. fret not, next door is Terminal 21 shopping centre with two floors of restaurants and a food court. It opens at 10 a.m.

There is a small but compact gym, superb and scenic swimming pool, tennis court and putting range on the 7th. floor.

(Note: For nighlife and action lovers, Soi Cowboy is opposite (use the underpass to Sukhumvit Station) and Nana Plaza is about 10 minutes walk or go to Nana BTS Skystrain Station (walk down from the station, it's on the left side coming from Asok station)).

The night before checking out, you can request the reception or concierge to book a taxi for you the next day. It costs about THB370-THB400 to the airport (inclusive tolls).

Checking out was a brezze. Overall, I find the staffs helpful and always greet and smile, genuine smile.

Next trip to Bangkok- would I stay here? Definately a big YES.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
4  Thank clchin96
Reviewed June 9, 2012

This is the second time I stay in Grande Centre Point Terminal 21. For the first time, the experience was good that is why I stay again. Every June, me and my hushand will be on holiday to celebrate our birthday. This time, my travel agent suggested me to book for Hilton Pattaya and Grande Centre Point T21. In Hilton Pattaya is great, in T21 is terrible.

When we arrived the hotel, it was about 4:00 pm in the afternoon, no room availble and we have to wait at the lobby. Afterward, they took me to Room 1206, the room is very small, old fashion, without bathtub and mini-kitchen, etc as shown on the pictures in Agoda and their own website. My request is king-size double bed on non-smoking floor, if possible, higher level. For Room 1206, which is second floor for the guest room, smoking room and not a king-size bed. I did call my travel agent to double check my book and nothing change as last booking on Jan, 2012. So, I called the front desk to help and told them I would like to change the room. The lady said they could not change the room for me because this room was what I booked for. I'm very unhappy and I could like to talk to their manager. After several minutes, their duty manager answer my phone, she even worst then the lady before, impolite, rude and don't want to help. I kept asking her to change or to upgrade us to another room, the reply was they didn't have any room left. If I really want to change the room, I have to upgrade to Executive Suite which I have to pay 6,600 Baht per room per night extra. This is ridiculous, if I willing to pay this extra amount, I better change to another 5-Star hotel. So she hang up the phone without any assistance and words of comfort.

I'm very disappointed and angry, I don't believe the hotel was full booking during the weekday. I tried to book another room in this hotel by Agoda, the result was they still have rooms on Superior, Deluxe, Deluxe Room Premium, Grande Deluxe and of course Executive Suite. So I went to the lobby to look for their manager and told her I would like to change and upgrade the room. She kept told me, they could not change the room for me, unless I willing to updade to Execuite Suite. I'm very angry about it, I told her I can still find all types of room via Agoda, how can you tell me, I cannot upgrade my room ? Finally, she willing to upgrade my room and I have to pay for 2,000 Baht extra. During the entire conversation, as a manager, she is very impolite, rude, black face to me and kept teaching me the lesson is "What you pay and what you get". And they finally changed me to the room type as I stay before in Jan at about 7:00 evening.

This is the way, a 5-star hotel serve their guest in Bangkok. I will never and ever stay in this hotel and their groups again. I will tell my assistant to delete this hotel in our company's corporate hotel list.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
41  Thank wmscec
Reviewed June 4, 2012

super place...great staff.... nice breakfast.. has a good pool , gym and an entertainment room for watching movies , tennis court and a putting range...has a microwave oven in the room, clean room and toilets.... well located near with both the BTS and MRT attached and has a super mall below called terminal 21... will definitely go back if i was to visit Bangkok again...

Room Tip: great view around the place...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank manvinderdawer
Reviewed June 2, 2012

Great Location, Great 8-floors shopping mall, Stylish room. Overall, a paradise for a shopper. Could spend all day visiting different floors decorated in different themes from Rome to London. Rooms are modern. Easy access to both skytrain and subway.

Room Tip: Go for Deluxe Premium
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 24, 2012

Booked this hotel for its convenience. It's a new hotel and it's spotlessly clean. Rooms are great and modern. However there are many "hidden" compartments which were not properly explained by the hotel staff who showed us the rooms, hence we couldnt find the tea spoons etc. We travelled in 4 and asked for rooms adjacent to one another and were given exactly like what we asked for. View was great from the room too! Also loved the free flow of drinks and different types of coffee in the lobby. Free wi fi available throughout the hotel although the network was a bit slow. Room service was not very consistent though. Our room got shower gel and shampoo replenished every day but the other room did not.
Hotel is linked directly to the newly opened Terminal 21 shopping mall as well as the BTS and MRT stations with covered walkways which make it very convenient be it raining or scorching hot outside.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family