“Perfect!”

Ranked #16 of 851 Hotels in Bangkok
Tokyo Prefecture, Japan
“Perfect!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2014

This was my second visit to Sofitel So and I was just as awestruck as I was a year ago! We spent 2 nights here, in a Lumpini Park-facing 'Earth' room. The room was superb: I love the décor, the bed, and the freestanding bath tub. Throughout the hotel, the staff were incredibly friendly, polite, attentive and professional. We ate breakfast in Red Oven both days, spent time in the lobby bar, and an afternoon by the pool, and I could not have asked more from the staff. They really went out of their way to be helpful and friendly - and this alone would be enough to draw me back. But add the great design, fantastic rooms, lovely pool, and what I think is one of the best views of any hotel in Bangkok - the Bangkok skyline with Lumpini Park in the foreground is stunning - and you've got a truly excellent hotel. I have to agree with a previous reviewer that this hotel just gets better and better, and I hope to visit again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Jay_BKK
Yves M, General Manager at SO Sofitel Bangkok, responded to this review, July 16, 2014
Dear khun Jay_BKK,

Sowasdee khrap from Sofitel So Bangkok.

Beforehand, I would like to thank you for your stay at Sofitel So Bangkok. We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Sofitel So Bangkok. It is always a great pleasure to receive positive feedback.

I am delighted to learn that your second stay with us and was wonderful and memorable as the precious one. I highly appreciate your compliments about our “Earth” room, So ambassadors and our facilities Red Oven and the So pool. I am elated to know that you found our So ambassadors to be friendly, polite, attentive and professional. I will be delivering your compliments to our So ambassadors and to Mr. Paul Smart; our executive chef, and I believe that it will serve as a motivator as to be consistent with their service.

I thank you again for sharing your experience. We hope that you’ll return to us again, and I can assure you that your stay with us will be pleasant and more memorable than your previous 2 visits.

So Kind Regards,

Mr. Yves Mudry
General Manager,
Sofitel So Bangkok

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (722)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2014 via mobile

This is not my first stay at the So, in fact I have stayed here often but unlike some places that get a little stale after a few visits the Sofitel So just gets better and better. If you are unsure about where to stay then look no further, great hotel, excellent rooms but by far the most important thing about the So is the brilliant staff. They make you feel like your home and part of their family. We can't wait to go back

Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank Seasoned T
Akira Y, General Manager at SO Sofitel Bangkok, responded to this review, July 13, 2014
Dear Khun Seasoned T,

Sowasdee khap from Sofitel So Bangkok.

In the beginning, I would like to thank you for your stay with us at Sofitel So Bangkok. We highly appreciate your feedback regarding your experience with us. It is always a great pleasure to get a positive feedback from our valued guests.

I am delighted to learn that it was not your first visit and you found your stay with us to be pleasant and memorable. I highly appreciate your kind compliments. I am elated to know that our So ambassadors in their respected stations provided you with their brilliant service. I will be delivering your kind compliments to our team and I believe that your kind compliment will serve as an encouragement as to provide our valued guests with the up most satisfaction.

I thank you again for sharing your experience. We hope that you will visit us again and I assure you that you your experience with us will be memorable and pleasant. Please remember that you will always be a part of Sofitel So Bangkok family.

Have a great week ahead.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2014

For an avid business traveller, the hotel i stay in is of paramount importance as the hotel then becomes my abode, my office and my unseen companion. Having been to bangkok many times before and having always chosen my usual suspects, this time i decided to spend more time finding out about the new hotels and i was glad i stumbled upon So Sofitel. Right from picking me up from the airport and whizzing me past the traffic in a cool Mini Cooper ( the green tea inside the car was a welcome surprise) , my 3 days with So had a great start. The hotel is located in a great business district, the blue room on the 23rd floor gave me sizzling views of the city and the rooms were spacious with the biggest surprise being the IT infra provided within the rooms ( apple tv, menu on tv etc).

I found a friend in Mr Ing and my travel advisor whether it came to planning my trip to the business meetings or be it for a quick tour of the city and even shopping for my wife. I would highly recommend you all to give Ing a call so that he can help you plan even before you start your trip. Gem of a bloke !

Amenities are spotless and generous. Great swimming pool, gym and sumptuous breakfast. All in all, it was a delightful 3 days and whether i go solo or with my family to Bangkok, it has to be at So Sofitel. Nothing else comes closer and like i said, your search for your stay stops here !

Great stuff guys !

Room Tip: blue rooms are pretty good with a great view of the city skyline
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Arun M
Akira Y, General Manager at SO Sofitel Bangkok, responded to this review, July 12, 2014
Dear Khun Arun M,

Sowasdee khap from Sofitel So Bangkok.

I am delighted to learn that you stumbled upon us and found your stay with us to be pleasant and memorable. I highly appreciate your kind compliments regarding all our facilities and service.

I am elated to know that you enjoyed our facilities from the very beginning, loved our IT surprises in the room and found a friend in our So ambassador; So Ing. I will be delivering your kind compliments to So Ing and I believe that he will be quite happy receiving it and that this serves as an encouragements as to provide our valued guests with the up most satisfaction.

I thank you again for sharing your experience. We hope that you will visit us again and soon as well as for more than 3 days and I assure you that you your experience with us will be memorable and pleasant.

Seoul, South Korea
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2014

I was very satisfied about service, room, and especially pool was awesome!!!!
I cannot forget to stay in Sofitel so Bangkok :) If I have change to go to Bangkok, I won't hesitated to stay in here. Thanks a lot!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Narae H
Akira Y, General Manager at SO Sofitel Bangkok, responded to this review, July 10, 2014
Dear Khun Narae H,

Sowasdee khap from Sofitel So Bangkok.

I am delighted to learn that you loved your experience with us at Sofitel So Bangkok and had a pleasant and memorable stay with us. I am elated to know that you loved our So pool facilities and were very satisfied about the service and the room.

I thank you again for sharing your experience and your concerns. We hope that you will visit us again and soon and I assure you that you your experience with us will be memorable and pleasant.

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2014

I recently stayed for two nights at the So Club of So Sofitel in Bangkok.

The hotel with its themed rooms and unique lounge is really So cool!

The staff, in particular at the Club, So attentive, friendly and efficient!

So looking forward to my next stay!!!

Patrizio

Room Tip: The Water-themed room is the best
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Patrick C
Akira Y, General Manager at SO Sofitel Bangkok, responded to this review, July 9, 2014
Dear khun Patrizio,

Sowasdee khap from Sofitel So Bangkok.

To begin with, I would like to thank you for stay with us at Sofitel So Bangkok. We highly appreciate your comments regarding your experience while your stay with us. It is always a great pleasure to receive positive feedback from our valued guests.

I am delighted to learn that your stay with us was although short but wonderful and memorable. I highly appreciate your kind compliments about our hotel.

I am elated to learn that you loved our So Club Signature and our So ambassadors in the Club Signature were able to provide you with exceptional service. I will deliver your kind compliments to our So Club team and I believe that this will serve as a motivator for them to be consistent with their exceptional service.

I thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to your stay with us as well, our only hope that it will be sooner and for a longer duration, and I can assure you that your stay with us will be pleasant and more memorable than your previous visit

Yves Mudry
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2014 via mobile

The most stunning hotel we have had the pleasure to stay in. 'Gorgeous' is the only way to describe the decor and style of this well situated hotel. Simply beautiful - contemporary, stylish and funky. The service we received was impeccable. Our daughter had a small accident and the staff, including managers and the wonderful Paul, were supportive beyond our imagination. The roof top bar which overlooks Lumphini Park and the city of Bangkok and the stunning infinity pool are other special features of this hotel. We promise to return!

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Amanda M
Dear khun Amanda M,

Sowasdee khap from Sofitel So Bangkok.

I am delighted to learn that your stay with us was wonderful and memorable. I highly appreciate your kind compliments about our hotel. I would like to express my concerns regarding the accident that occurred to your daughter and I hope that she is fine.

I am elated to learn that our Just Say So Guru; So Paul, provided his exceptional service. I will be delivering your kind compliments to him and I believe that your compliment will help provide the motivation to him and our So teams to be consistent with their service.

I thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We know that you will keep your promise and return to us, our only hope is that it will be sooner and more frequent, and I can assure you that your stay with us will be pleasant and more memorable than your previous visit