“Super but one tiny criticism”
Review of SO Sofitel Bangkok

SO Sofitel Bangkok
Ranked #14 of 896 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed June 27, 2014

From the very stepping into this hotel we knew we were in the presence of style and excellent service. Our room was upgraded and we chose the Earth (blue) room. Beautiful interior with exquisite bathroom fittings and decor. The bedroom too was fairly large, with an enormous and very cosy bed. However the one criticism of the room was that the drawer space for clothes was insufficient. Ok for a few days but if I was on business I would be frustrated about having to keep my clothes in my case. Everything in the hotel was squeaky clean and the public areas were immaculately staffed. The breakfast buffet was superbe and set in a fairly spacious room, with a huge variety of choices. The swimming pool was quite long but the arrangement of the chairs at the side of the pool is not wise and there are not enough loungers for the size of this hotel. However my general feeling for this hotel was positive and I would return if I was in Bangkok on holiday as it is conveniently close to transport etc. Thank you sll for making our stay so enjoyable.

1  Thank RalphSingapore66
Akira Y, General Manager at SO Sofitel Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded June 28, 2014

Dear khun RalphSingapore66,

Sowasdee khap from Sofitel So Bangkok.

Beforehand, I would like to thank you for your stay with us at Sofitel So Bangkok. We highly appreciate you for taking the time to share your experience about your stay with us. It is always a pleasure to receive such positive feedback from our valued guests.

I am quite delighted to know that we were able to provide you with a memorable and enjoyable stay with us at Sofitel So Bangkok. I do agree with you regarding the closet, because we do have long staying guests, although none have raised up the point, I thank you for raising it. We will be discussing regarding the closet to find and apply an efficient solution.

Regarding the pool lounges, you will be happy to know that new lounges will be arriving very soon for further comfort for our guests. Please rest assured that your feedback has been acknowledged and we will be taking the required action to provide our guests with Sofitel So high quality satisfaction.

I thank you again for sharing your experience with us, I hope that you will visit us again and I ensure you that your stay with us will be pleasant and memorable as always.

Yves Mudry

Write a ReviewReviews (4,634)

Reviewed June 25, 2014

I had a great stay at Sofitel So Bangkok because of three things:

1. Top-notch customer service: It is expected for any luxury hotel to provide great customer service, but Sofitel So Bangkok went beyond expectations. A special mention should be given to Leila who provided superb and outstanding customer service. She was friendly, personable, and accommodated all requests with a smile. She made sure everything was taken care of and attended to.

2. Modern and stylish rooms: Many hotels attempt to create modern and stylish rooms to the point that it becomes a showroom which does not feel homey and comfortable to stay at. Sofitel So Bangkok is successful in making stylish rooms yet still cozy. The Earth Element room was dreamy and whimsical, while the Water Element room is subdued and sophisticated.

3. Inspiring views: The view of Lumpini park is a perfect view to wake up to.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business

Dear khun briandelrosario,

Sowasdee khap from Sofitel So Bangkok.

I am quite delighted to know that we were able to sweep you off your feet with our top-notch service, and to provide you with a wonderful and memorable stay. I have already delivered your kind compliments to So Laila; who has been nothing but outstanding in providing our So high quality of service, and she was quite happy to receive your kind compliments.

I am also happy that you were very satisfied with our rooms and could find the homely feeling behind all those designs and style.

I thank you again for sharing your experience with us, I hope that you will visit us again and I can guarantee you that your stay with us will be pleasant and memorable as always.

Reviewed June 25, 2014

The hospitality provided is simply amazing. The attention to detail in the wonderful architecture is mind boggling. Themed hotel.. and what an experience. Truly worthy of every minute spent.. Special thanks to Laila and Audree... A heart warming experience of generosity and humbleness.

You like it when people get your last name right (Indian names could be tricky) but blows your mind is that everyone in the hotel refers to you by your last name.. A gesture I would like mention.

Food- well its a display one of the best in class culinary art.

Room Tip: Choose your theme. Also smokers can avail rooms which allows you to smoke.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
4  Thank Rohan_Salgarkar

Dear khun Rohan_Salgarkar,

Sowasdee khap from Sofitel So Bangkok.

To begin with, I would like to thank you for your stay with us at Sofitel So Bangkok. We highly appreciate you for taking the time to share your experience about your stay with us. It is always a pleasure to receive such positive feedback from our valued guest.

I am delighted to know that your stay with us was heartwarming and memorable. Your kind compliments have already been delivered to our wonderful ladies, So Laila and So Audrey, who were quite happy to hear it and I believe that they will find encouragement in it. Please rest assured that our teams are highly trained and dedicated to provide our valued guests with the upmost quality of service. In addition, your compliments about the food will be sent to our exquisite executive chef Mr. Paul Smart, who does magic in the kitchen.

Reviewed June 24, 2014

After 4 months of my backpacking around asia I finished with 3 nights in the So hotel, top qaulity staff and hotel. The Hotel right in the center close to the metro and park very comfy. Other than that , this is just a great place. Hope to come back again if I am in bangkok

2  Thank Samantha H

Dear khun SamanthaH,

Sowasdee khap from Sofitel So Bangkok.

I am delighted to know that your stay with us was although short but it was sweet and that our So teams in their respected departments helped to provide you a pleasant and memorable finish to your 4 months Asia trip.

I thank you again for sharing your experience with us, I hope that you will visit Bangkok again and remember us and give us another opportunity to better serve you in the future.

Reviewed June 24, 2014

First off, my wife and I would give the service a 10 if possible. Every single employee we interacted with was pleasant, friendly, and incredibly helpful.

The rooms are beautiful, with tons of technology and beautiful views (we were on the 21st floor, in the "Earth Element").

The breakfast was delicious and had great variety, included in the room charge. A great way to start a day. Their iced coffee and extremely wide range of fruits were especially great.

The bars and pool had stunning views of the park and the skyline, and the location is near some of the beat restaurants in the city.

Overall, an incredible experience. We have already recommended this hotel to several friends and family, and we just checked out this morning!

• Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank Gunnarellis

Dear khun Gunnarellis,

Sowasdee khap from Sofitel So Bangkok.

Beforehand, I would like to thank you for your stay with us at Sofitel So Bangkok. We highly appreciate you for taking the time to share your experience about your stay with us. It is always a pleasure to receive such positive feedback from our valued guest.

I am delighted to know that your stay with us was pleasant and memorable and that our teams at Sofitel So Bangkok were able to deliver our Sofitel So high quality of service to make your experience memorable. I am also happy to know that you very much liked our “Earth” themed room; I personally, do love the Earth themed room, but I do recommend you to experiment with our other themed rooms such as “Metal”, “Wood” and “Water”.

I will be delivering your kind compliments to our Red Oven team and our other teams as well, so that they can find encouragement and motivation in it. I am quite happy to know that you enjoyed our other facilities as well, but I would again recommend you and your wife to visit our other facilities which both of you can enjoy like our So Spa and Chocolab, during your next visit.

We value our guests immensely and do not hesitate to take an extra mile for their satisfaction.
I thank you again for sharing your experience with us, I hope that you will visit us again and give us another opportunity to better serve you in the future.

Reviewed June 23, 2014

The staff has a pleasant attitude, greeted us warmly and even prepared a bouquet of roses knowing we were celebrating our honeymoon. They have been very helpful and the a night swim at the pool is great. The pillow was slightly soft to my usual preference.The breakfast served can be improved. Apart from the cold cut station, the food served at breakfast is good. Selection is good. The cold cut station does not appear well maintained as I observed some flies around the station.

2  Thank tingteng
Akira Y, General Manager at SO Sofitel Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2014

Dear khun tingteng,

Sowasdee ka from Sofitel So Bangkok.

Initially, I would like to thank you for your stay with us at Sofitel So Bangkok. We highly appreciate you for your time to share your experience regarding your stay with us. It is always a pleasure to receive such positive feedback from our valued guests.

I am very delighted to know that our So ambassadors provided you and your better half with their best quality of service to make your honeymoon stay more pleasant and memorable. Regarding the pillow, we have 6 different types to choose from, I apologize that if our So ambassador failed to inform you about it. For the better future, I request you to provide us your name and period of stay as we will update your profile and thus, from your next visit, we will set up the pillow as to your preference.

In addition, I deeply apologize for the cold cut station in the Red Oven. Please rest assured that your health is extremely important to us and having flies is way off from the high quality of Sofitel So standards that we are very proud of. I will be notifying our wonderful executive chef Mr. Paul Smart, and rest assured that the necessary action will be taken.

I thank you again for your feedback and recommendation; they are very precious to us. I hope that you will visit us again and that your stay with us be more pleasant and memorable.

Furthermore, congratulations to you and your other half.

Reviewed June 22, 2014

This is one of the hotels you will visit and never forget. Why? Great and innovative design, fantastic service, incredible top view bar and amazing breakfast quality , quantity and presentation. Aaaa great, great clean, super duper rooms!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank savask
Akira Y, General Manager at SO Sofitel Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2014

Dear khun savask,

Sowasdee ka from Sofitel So Bangkok.

I am very delighted to know that you experienced a pleasurable and wonderful stay with us and that you were happy with our high quality of service provided by our So Ambassadors and our various facilities like the Red Oven and Park society. I highly recommend for you to try our other facilities, Chocolab, So Spa and So Pool, whenever you have time from the usual business.