“Highlight of So Bangkok ” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of SO Sofitel Bangkok

SO Sofitel Bangkok
Ranked #17 of 849 Hotels in Bangkok
Melbourne, Australia
“Highlight of So Bangkok ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I travelled to Bangkok in April for a much needed holiday. After coming back from Koh Samui we were 100% certain that Bangkok was not going to be the best.

However the service that was provided at this hotel was outstanding. Especially from one of the ladies at the check in. Her name was Laila. She was a such a lovely girl who helped with all of our needs. She took us on a tour of the hotel to make sure we knew where everything was. She even gave us a little guide as to what we could do in the busy Bangkok. My wife and I were so appreciative for Laila because we wouldn't have known what to do otherwise.

The rooms were amazing. We stayed in the metal room which was so nice and modern. Whatever you do, don't stay in the blue room. Can't remember what it's called bit wasn't attractive at all.

Not the best hotel I've been to seeing as though it seemed like more of a corporate hotel not a holiday destination but the service was 100%. Especially from Laila.

Thanks Laila you're a gem and I'd say the highlight of the hotel.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Akira Y, Director of So Guest's Experience at SO Sofitel Bangkok, responded to this review, June 5, 2014
Dear Khun HNM86

What a wonderful feedback and recommendation you wrote here! Thank you so much, it is very motivated and encouraging for us!

We are very sorry that you did not like the Earth blue room. It is actually my favourite as it's so quirky and unique but I totally understand that it's not for everyone and we are glad that the Metal room worked out well for you :-)

I have shared your compliment to Liala and hersupervisor Paul, the Guest Relations Manager. I can tell you that they both couldn't stop smiling! They have asked me to pass their appreciation to your kind message and that they hope to welcome you back in a near future.

Please do not stay away too long and return to us soon!

Have a great weekend!

Director of So Guest's Experience

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (708)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2014

Having heard from a friend how wonderful the hotel was, decided to give it a shot.

On entering the hotel, it was a little complicated as the check in counter is not on the ground floor but located on the 9th floor. And as I was an Accor member, was asked to check in at Club Signature which was again another confusing path since it links to another set of elevator. Checking in was personalized and they gave me a "Water" room. However on arriving at the lift lobby of the "Water" room, I was indeed greeted by trailing water from the ceiling and had to make a detour to reach my room. The room was located at a corner and was a little uncomfortable entering the room since it was in a corner and the layout of the room was in my opinion awkward. Decided to take a shower on settling down and gosh....as the theme suggest "Water" room, I was surprised that perhaps of the way I placed the shower head, the living room was a little flooded with water. This is when I decided to change to another room.

Was given a "Earth" room and yes this is really wonderful in my opinion as it is bright and lively. Another issue I had with the room was the in room entertainment system which hang on my first night and was reset by the technician...so much about technology.

On one morning, I decided to invite my intern for breakfast since I recalled the room was booked for 2. I checked again with the reception the night before the breakfast and was reassured it was for 2. However, on the day my intern joined me for breakfast, they charged another extra person.

I left a message at the reception that morning but was never looked into till the day I checked out.

Another hiccup I faced at the hotel was that on arrival, I asked what time is the shuttle tuk tuk service and the staff (at the door) asked me what time I need it, I told them the next day at 8:15 am and they said ok but the next morning, they said it is an hourly service...I made some noise and they finally agreed to send me to BTS.

As mentioned, other than the location of the hotel which is perhaps a quick 20 mins walk to BTS station, it is not located in the best location.

Other than this, almost every thing was perfect in this hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank The_TravellerSg
Dear Khun The_TravellerSg

Thank you so much for taking the time to share the feedback with us about your recent stay at So Bangkok.

I am very sorry that there were shortcomings of defects occurred with the water room you checked-in to. I am glad to hear that you liked and prefered the Earth room, which is my favourit as well...it is so quirky and unique!

As for the low-floor lifts and high-floor lifts, it is understandable that it can be perceived confusing, however, please allow me to highlight to importance of not only designnnpurposes but also security reason.
In most of new major high rising building these days, including many hotels in Bangkok, it is common to find 2 zones lifts. Since both resident and non-resident guests can access into the hotel any time, it is important to separate high-floor lifts for our resident guests to eliminate the chance for non-resident guests to access to any guest rooms.

While street lobby is where our concierge desk is situated, guests who are entitled to executive club access will be escorted to the 25th floor for exclusive register.
I am sorry if this was not explained to you properly by our escort ambassador.I will address this to our Front Office Manager, Khun Tinny to rectify and train the team immediately.

Please also accept our sincerest apologies for the following issues: information about the operation hours of Tuk Tuk shuttle service, which should have been told to you accurately on that matter, and the breakfast cost for your trainee, which should have been no charge.

If you would allow me to contact you directly for further discussion and to make sure wrong things to be made right, so please kindly drop me a quick email via H6835-GM2@softel.coom and I will get back to you shortly.

I hope you would allow us to welcome you back and better serve you with a more usual and typical high standards that we are proud of.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2014

From the interiors to its hospitality, this chic boutique hotel scores an all time high to rival others for all it's worth along the sathorn area. The experience was superbly seamless from the time you arrive till the last moments of check out.

The attention to details both in its hard and software go an extra mile making the stay an unforgettable one. Kudos to the front desk managers, impeccable food and service at red oven (big spread for breakfast!), excellent infinity pool with a panoramic view over lumpini park and the bedroom that speaks nothing but seamless innovation.

Big shout out to the best concierge service ever from Laila! We certainly hope to be back real soon!!

• Stayed June 2014
2 Thank JRLI
Akira Y, Director of So Guest's Experience at SO Sofitel Bangkok, responded to this review, June 9, 2014
Dear khun JRLI,

Sowasdee kaa from Sofitel SO Bangkok,

Beforehand I highly appreciate your feedback and thank you for your kind words. We here at Sofitel SO Bangkok, find joy in providing our guests with great quality and service.

Your regards are already sent to So Laila, the front desk managers and to the friends at red oven. Your feedback will serve as a higher motivational tool; in order to provide evergrowing
high quality of service.

I hope that we will see you again in a short amont of time and wish that you will be one of our frequent guests. We will be looking forward to serve you again.

So kind regards,

Akira YAN-UBOL PETIT
Sofitel So Bangkok
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2014

Absolutely perfect 5 star hotel. From the moment you check in to the time you check out, the place looks perfect without saying and what really makes this property stand out is the staff and food. Thank you Benz and the team, we will definitely come back.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Dear Khun Sinderla R

Your feedback is such a wonderful and encouraging one for us, especially for Benz! He is our trainee and we have seen how motivated and hard working he is, so we are proud to have him with us :-)

Tahnk you so mcuh for your kind message and we are so happy to hear that yor previous stay with us was fantastic, especially because of ur team members and the food!

I have shred your feedbacck with the team, so we cannot remove the big smile from our faces at all!

So, please do not stay away from us too long and come back soon as we love to have the pleasure of seeing you as our regular guest!

Have a great weekend!

New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2014

I am writing this post almost a month after my trip and am still bursting at the seams to give such praise to Sofitel for an absolutely perfect stay we experienced there! We are a couple in our early 20s who stayed at the hotel for 4 days in April at the end of a 3 week trip to Thailand and almost never wanted to leave after being so spoiled here! Firstly, the atmosphere!! From the moment you drive up to the hotel you are simply immersed into a different world of their own, the hotel is so impeccably designed from top to bottom, it is simply gorgeous, sleek, trendy, and sexy all at once. The staff is at your service for any and everything you might need, extremely gracious, kind people! The room/amenities were just the topping on the cake, we stayed in the Earth element as you get to choose what element-type room you want. Earth and Water are the best being highest up and try and get a corner room if possible since they are the biggest. Take advantage of all of the facilities amazing offers, there is an incredible spa, the pool area is divine and there are so many floors, lounges etc to explore and relax at after long days of touring. To conclude this absurdly long review: after having traveled all over the world my whole life, this is one of the nicest hotels I have ever had the pleasure of visiting!!

Room Tip: Earth! Corner!
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Akira Y, Director of So tguest's Experience at SO Sofitel Bangkok, responded to this review, June 5, 2014
Dear Khun Lex C

What a delightful news to hear that you had a perfect stay with us recently. We are so glad that our associates and facilities made your experience wonderful.

We do appreciate you taking the time to share the feedback and excellent recommendation here on Tripadvisor.

Come bacck to be spoiled here at So Bangkok again please as we love to have the pleasure of seeing you in a near future as our regular guest!

Until we meet again, please keep well, have a lovely weekend and say hi to your partner for us too!

AKira Y.P.
Director of So tguest's Experience
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2014

4th stay with Sofitel So, just absolutely love the place, stayed 3 nights on each end of our week in Cambodia. The place looks fab goes without saying. What really makes the hotel stand out is its amazing and colorful team, full of humor, great personalities, and will go above and beyond to make sure you have a great stay. Big thank you to Penny in So Hi, very warm, switched on and smart lady who should be running the place if you ask me. Always go for club lounge access the staff here are amazing, very attentive friendly and fun, special thanks to Annop, Benz, Tinny and Paul. We are looking forward to our next visit very soon!

Room Tip: Have stayed in all themes- suites as well as club rooms. Earth, Water for the more adventurous Wood...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Khun lukesyd

By starting reading your review, it makes me smile already!

Penny, Annop, Benz, Tinny and Paul are now with me in the daily shift handover and they are sending their reagrds and warm thoughts to you! Thank you so much for staying with us and allowing us to make you happy and laugh :-)

We hope you will return soon and we promise to spoil you more and more til never want to leave!

Until we meet again, please keep well and have a lovely weekend!

Shanghai, China
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2014

This is the gem of all gems in Bangkok! Great views. incredible foods, and wonder experiences to be created. From the moment you check in to the time you check out....

The hotel is wonderful and the staff is amazing.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Stephen P
Dear Khun Stephen P,

Sowasdee kaa from Sofitel SO Bangkok,

I higly appreciate the time for sharing your experience about our hotel. I hope that you enjoyed your stay with us, it is always a pleasure providing our guests with uttermost quality service.

I look forward in seeing you enter our doors more frequently and soon. Thank you.

So Kind regards,