“sensational service Luxury hotel at it's best”
Review of SO Sofitel Bangkok

SO Sofitel Bangkok
Ranked #18 of 866 Hotels in Bangkok
Nice, France
“sensational service Luxury hotel at it's best”
Reviewed April 3, 2014

Spent two nights night at the hotel and kind of regretted for not extending my stay.
I must say the Sofitel So Bangkok hotel is the best hotel I ever stayed. ( and I’ve experienced quite a few)
The excellent service provided by the hotel staffs made us, the guest, feels extremely comfortable. Rooms are spacious and it comes with large bathroom
Very elegantly design of rooms & full of complementary items
The hotel decor was beautiful and elegant. The room was equally so and also well equipped
The hotel although modern is very elegant. The room was very spacious and comfortable with an amazing bathroom. When entering it was an atmosphere of calm. The pool area was nice and the views are stunning

Roof bar is so nice , service at his best

From the butler to the front desk, to the bartender to the housekeeping, service at it’s best

Gratulations for this So delightful experience

Special thanks to Sunisa & Pongsanarin for they kind conversation during the So team cocktail, to Lala for his lovely smile and his warmm wlecome on the lobby and Tinny for his help and support during my second night booking

Thumb’s up!!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Akira Y, Director of Guest's Experience at SO Sofitel Bangkok, responded to this review, April 18, 2014
Dear Khun borabora75,

Sowasdee ka from Sofitel So Bangkok!

What a fantastic feedback and recommendation you gave us here in TripAdvisor! We can't be happier to hear that you had a totally wonderful stay with us recently.

We have shared your kind message to the team including Laila, Net (Sunisa) and Golf (Pongsanarin), and Tinny as well. It is very encouraging.

Please don't stay away too long and come back to visit us soon as we love to have the pleasure of seeing you as our regular guest!

Director of So Guest's Experience

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (751)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
thailand
Reviewed April 3, 2014

The best hotel I have stayed at in Bangkok and most probably anywhere. The initial service at check in, was quite special. I never actually ate in the restaurant except breakfast which was superb. Staff are all trained professionally and they were all quite wonderful. The rooms are fantastic and the shower just gushes out. There’s also a separate and spacious bath.
I can’t really imagine why anyone would be disappointed with this hotel. I stayed here on my Accor club card free night, otherwise it would normally be above my budget. It is much more upmarket than other Sofitel branded hotels. The whole place oozes quality.
I would highly recommend this hotel. Bangkok must have the best value for money hotels in the world and The Sofitel So is a shining example of why that is the case.
Location is definitely not in the middle of tourist Bangkok. The Sky Train is not convenient but the underground is just across the road which is OK, but you have to be on your toes when crossing at the designated area just down from the hotel. If you use taxis, then of course there is little problem.
The internet was free, but the connection I found was disappointingly not very fast. They have installed Apple computer boxes beneath the TVs and taken away the standard remotes for the TVs. To play a file on a USB then, you have to use the Apple box. If you are not an Apple user then this is complicated. Every time I finished watching a file, I lost the keyboard curser on the screen and I also lost access to the USB stick. I then had to reboot the device and reinsert the USB every time I changed a file. I also could not stop or pause. The system is a bit too complicated, but those who are savvy enough may well enjoy the extra features that the box offers, but there is a definite problem when using USB sticks.
I would highly recommend it to anyone. It is relatively high cost for Bangkok, but for what you get for your money, it is worth it. The JW Marriot takes a lot of beating, but this hotel manages to offer something different and manages to make the overall hotel experience better.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Dear Khun ianthailand,

Sowasdee ka from Sofitel So Bangkok!

We are totally happy to receive such a great feedback and excellent recommendation from you here on Tripadvisor! Thank you so much. It is very important for us to know that you had a wonderful stay, especially impressed with the service and facilities at So Bangkok! Your feedback is really encouraging!

Please do not stay away too long as we love to welcome you back in the near future as our regular guest.

Have a SO lovely weekend!

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed April 3, 2014

Now it feels like a homecoming every time I come to BKK. I just love this hotel with the choice of different room designs, the most amazing beds, an stunning lobby, swimming pool, a to die for spa and the breakfast that doesn't leave any wishes unfulfilled. And the crew in the hotel is amazing, so friendly and you can feel how they all enjoy working here. Everytime I stay here I feel recharged and happy. thank you Sofitel

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank doritg888
Dear Khun doritg888,

Sowasdee ka from Sofitel So Bangkok!

What a great honor to be able to welcome you back and we hope we will have the opportunity to have you back with us again!

It is very important for us to hear that you had a wonderful stay with us recently, particularly from the service provided by our associates and hotel's facilities.

Thank you so much for taking the time to share with us the feedback and excellent recommendation here on Tripadvisor.

Mullumbimby
Reviewed April 2, 2014

I met two other seasoned travellers for a short reunion in Bangkok and we were fortunate enough to choose the Sofitel So in Bangkok. Aside from an initial problem connecting to the internet, we were all more than impressed with the 5 Star luxury and all the thought that has gone into every detail. The linens, the toiletries, the construction of the rooms and the building itself, the design of all the details appointing both the public and private spaces, the staff uniforms (designed by Christian LaCroix), there is not one detail that has been neglected. On arrival, we went to the rooftop bar which is fantastic. Great DJ! Great drinks. Great crowd. Great view. During our stay, we enjoyed a truly marvellous dinner at the restaurant on the top floor next to the rooftop bar. It was pricey but well worth it. The hotel staff is attentive, friendly, accommodating. Put simply, the staff is as good as it gets, from the doorman to the front desk, to the restaurants, to the spa (again, as good as it gets in every way). Between all of us we had 5 treatments at the spa and thought each one was near perfect. Breakfast was fantastic. I could go on and on, but let's just say I would be surprised if there was a finer, more fun, more hip place to stay in Bangkok or anywhere in Asia.

Room Tip: I would be surprised if you went wrong choosing any room in the hotel.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Khun david c,

Sowasdee ka from Sofitel So Bangkok!

What a delightful news to learn that overall you had a pleasant stay with us. Thank you for taking time to write a review and recommend us here in TripAdvisor.

We hope your plan will bring you back to Bangkok once again and So bangkok will receive the opportunity to welcome you back,as we love to see you as our regular guest!

Director of Guest's Experience
bkk
Reviewed April 1, 2014 via mobile

I have been staying at the Sofitel So Bangkok Hotel for a week and have dined in the restaurant first time. Me and my family had some great food from a beautiful menu. The service we had was brilliant as well and I remember the girls name was Dai. She was very accommodating and friendly and made our time their wonderful. We will definitely come back when we can.

Stayed January 2014
Akira Y, Director of Guest's Experience at SO Sofitel Bangkok, responded to this review, April 17, 2014
Dear Khun natchaya k,

Sowasdee ka from Sofitel So Bangkok!

We appreciate you leaving such a pleasant review about Sofitel So Bangkok.

I am glad that you have enjoyed the beautiful surroundings of the hotel, our staff friendliness and availability as our general hotel concept in itself.

Please be noticed that we also offer a live cooking show at our fine dining Park Society restaurant featuring once more stunning views of the Lumpini Park and Bangkok.

Akira Y (Ms)