3,138 results
All reviews cafe claire wireless road american embassy one bedroom suite park view pillow menu embassy area macaroons central embassy beautiful hotel dining table washer dryer lumpini park our honeymoon huge bathroom home away from home serviced apartment
Reviewed October 16, 2017

I was surprised not many people familiar or heard about this hotel before but after staying there I must say this is hidden 5 stars hotel in the heart of Bangkok. I will miss the staff there very sweet and friendly

• Stayed: October 2017, traveled solo
Reviewed October 13, 2017

I have been stayed in Oriental Residence for many times, and always recommend this is one of the best hotels in Bangkok. However, the hotel is declining in terms of not only cleanness but also service.
1) They didn't change the pillow cover before my check-in. There are obvious make-up stains from previous customer. I told the front desk regarding this situation. The answer is "We should have changed it, maybe because we can not remove the stains." As the standard of a 5-stars hotel, if you can't remove the stains from the pillow cover, you get rid of it.

2) No service at swimming pool. There are some people working around the pool-side bar, but they only response to order from menu. No even a hi when they see you walk in, not to mention a glass of water and change towers on daybeds between customers.

3)They forgot the turn-down service at the last night of my stay.

4) When I check out, there are some charges from mini-bar which I didn't at all.

5) They used to provide welcome drink and fruits in room upon arrival, but not any more. Not a big deal, maybe cut down cost, but just feel like missing something you've used to. FYI, they also don't provide check-in in room any more, either.

The only thing still remains great is the breakfast. May not many choices, but all taste good and also decent service.

• Stayed: October 2017, traveled with friends
3  Thank Wannan
Sukamal M, General Manager at Oriental Residence Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2017

Dear Khun Wannan,

Greetings from Oriental Residence Bangkok, and thank you very much for your precious time to submit your review following your recent stay.

Whilst we continue to receive generally very positive feedback about our products and services I am very disappointed to see that this time we have failed to meet your expectations, and for this please accept my sincere apologies.

Your feedback will be taken seriously and shared with all concerned to ensure further improvement will be done immediately.

We hope you will give us another chance to show that improvements has been done, and it is not an indicative of the high level of service that we provide at Oriental Residence Bangkok.

With this is mind, I would be glad to assist with any further inquires, therefore please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Once again, we thank you very much for your review, and I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Kind Regards,
Sukamal Mondal

Reviewed October 12, 2017

There is no doubt about the quality of the hotel, from the hardware to software, but some details deserve more attention. I personally find the checkin desks too intimate. There are two of them side by side, really close like bench seating in a typical French bistrot, resulting privacy being compromised, leave alone the risk of having people around the desks. The welcome or night chocolate is a nice touch but knowing two people were staying in the room and offered only one piece of chocolate ....! The hotel area is quite pleasant amongst the embassies, but it is a fair walk to the BTS station (especially in the rain).

• Stayed: October 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 11, 2017

Stayed here for the second time after our first stay which was amazing. Everything about the room was great - clean sheets, fresh towels, cleaning services (everytime we leave the room, something is tidied up when we return), efficient service at the door (staff will get a cab for you & ensure cabbie knows where to go + give you a little slip of address of the residence for your trip back to ensure safety). What I love: Flowers at the lobbies are a delight!

Room Tip: The suites are great. Bedroom + living area + kitchen.
  • Stayed: October 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 10, 2017

Everything was very nice. Check inn was fast, the staff was very polite, check out was easy, one thing can be better tv channel was not the best choose but is not negative but recommendation to be better. Here can I stay again.

• Stayed: October 2017, traveled on business