“Residence at Wireless Road - Bangkok”

Oriental Residence Bangkok
Ranked #9 of 884 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed August 14, 2014

The room that we stayed execellent - literally residence type - kitchen / laundry machine inside, and dining table for inside meal. Try cafe claire - very authentic restaurant providing not only Thai but interenational cuisine. The hotel is situated nearby the embassy, and close to BTS stations - walking distance even to Siam / Zen / Central world. Staff are very professional and helpful indeed. The stay (for a transit) was too short to fully enjoy the entire hotel. Highly recommendable.

Room Tip: 120m2 spacious rooms - 2 x twin
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
Paul S, Manager at Oriental Residence Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2014

Dear toshio2,

Many thanks for taking the time to leave your detailed feedback following your recent stay at the Oriental Residence Bangkok. I was really pleased that you enjoyed the room facilities. I was also really pleased that you enjoyed our food and bevearge service at Cafe Claire and the overall service you received. I have passed on your kind words to the great team here at the hotel and I hope we will be able to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed August 14, 2014

Great hotel. Outstanding service and friendly staff. Beautiful pool and public areas. Highly recommended for families. Price this time of year was very reasonable for a truly five star hotel. I would certainly come back.

Room Tip: Get a high floor! Great view and no street noise

Dear DaddyAlan,

I was absolutely delighted to read your very kind words following your recent stay with us at the Oriental Residence Bangkok. I must also thank you for your kind words about our outstanding service. I am so proud to have our team here. It is them who make this hotel great. I have passed on your feedvback to all the team here and please do visit us again soon.

Reviewed August 13, 2014

I've recently traveled to Bangkok for the first time in August. I didn't know much about the city and decided to just wing it. My first stop was the Oriental Residence Bangkok. Wow, what a class act. Everything in this hotel is perfect. The hotel is located in a nice location away from the hustle of the river and night attractions, but still really close by-exactly what I was looking for. The staff is has an amazing attitude to every guest, they make you feel like royalty. I stayed in a 1 bedroom balcony corner suite. They have a deal book 2 nights get a 3rd free-do it, its well worth it. The room itself was meticulous with detail. I felt I could live there. Some of the rooms have washers and dryers if you need. The entire hotel is very clean and almost makes you feel like you're in a
French style ambiance while still preserving and respecting the Thai culture. I was constantly surprised with the staff's generosity. Some suggested I stay at the Shangri La hotel which is quite famous. I actually did stay there on my last night at the tail end of my vacation. Although the Shangri La was beautiful with a great location-I still think the Oriental Residence is where I would stay again. They just have an almost effortless way of making you feel special-the Shangri La although a must visit while in Bangkok-seemed a bit outdated and filled with a lot of fluff-I think they have rode that wave far too long. Enjoy

Room Tip: Book 2 nights, get a 3rd free.
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled solo

Dear Pashish888,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback following your recent stay at the Oriental Residence Bangkok. I was delighted to read that we met your expectations and that you felt you were treated like royalty. I was especially happy to read that you found all of our team to be friendly and welcoming. Our aim here is to ensure that each and every guest has a fantastic stay with us. To run a successful hotel you need a team that are hard working and take pride in what they do and I am so proud of each and every one of them.

We look forward to your next visit to us.

Reviewed August 9, 2014 via mobile

We thoroughly enjoyed spending part of our honeymoon here- the rooms were large and everything was very smart. Staff were helpful and the food in the restaurant was lovely; a little more expensive than we'd hoped, but worth it. The pool area was very relaxing and pretty quiet, so we enjoyed being sitting and reading in the beds and 'pods' beside the water on the 4th floor. (Partly indoor/ partly outdoor pool). We were impressed by the service and happy with the location- it was a short walk to the sky train stop and easy to get to anywhere we wanted to go by taxi.

Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ellie S
Paul S, Manager at Oriental Residence Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded August 10, 2014

Dear Ellie S,

Thank you for taking the time to share your kind comments following your recent visit.

It is lovely to read that you enjoyed your honeymoon celebration with us. I am pleased that you felt the room was perfectly designed and that the location was also great.

Our staff like to ensure that special occasions such as these are memorable and so I am thrilled that their hard work was appreciated. We constantly strive to exceed our guest’s expectations of service and it is satisfying to hear that these efforts are noticed. I shall ensure that all of your kind comments and praise are passed on to the team and that their service is duly recognized.

I am equally thrilled that you enjoyed the food at Cafe Claire. Your kind feedback is wonderful to read and I will be sure to share this with the kitchen team.

I hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you both back to the Oriental Residence Bangkok soon.

Reviewed August 9, 2014

The hotel was a pleasant surprise. The room was bigger than expected with a fully equipped kitchenette and a full sized fridge and freezer. The hotel also had a pillow menu so you can choose the softness or hardness that you want. Also it was a pleasant surprise that the hotel not only offered bath sheets, but that they were the thick and soft ones not the cheap hard fibers that lesser hotels use.

The hotel also offers shuttle service to the nearest train station every 1/2 hour up to 8pm. For the jogging enthusiast, they provide a route map, bottled water and a towel for your run in the morning.

Overall, the hotel was a nice value.

Dear JeromeDZ,

Thank you for posting a review of your stay at the Oriental Residence Bangkok, it certainly sounds like you had a very comfortable experience, and enjoyed many of the excellent amenities the hotel has to offer. All of our rooms are larger than average for Bangkok hotels. We always appreciate great feedback regarding our services, as we pride ourselves on exceeding every guest's expectations.

We very much look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed August 9, 2014

Right from the minute we entered the hotel till check out, we had wonderful experience...Staff were courteous, helpful and approachable...Rooms were spacious, in-room dining options were great. Good value for money...

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank IamKrish

Dear IamKrish,

Many thanks for your feedback following your recent stay with us at thenOriental Residence Bangkok. Overall I was delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and passed on your feedback to my team. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed August 7, 2014

We stayed here for a couple nights at the start of a 17 day trip to Vietnam.

The hotel is wonderful, the staff are very attentive and everywhere is well appointed.

The room was lovely with great views and this place is a little sample of paradise!

Do stay here if you can, we'll be coming back here for sure next time we hit Bangkok for a longer period!

Well done Oriental Residence, keep up the very good work!!!

:-)))

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Woodymac7
Paul S, Manager at Oriental Residence Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2014

Dear Woodymac7,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your kind words following your recent stay with us at the Oriental Residence Bangkok. I was so glad to read that you enjoyed the service and features of the hotel. I have passed your kind words on to my great team.

I am very happy to read that we will be your hotels of choice in Bangkok. Enjoy the rest of your trip and we look forward to seeing you again.