“Shabby Chic with a Cosmopolitan vibe”

Oriental Residence Bangkok
Ranked #7 of 852 Hotels in Bangkok
Pasig
“Shabby Chic with a Cosmopolitan vibe”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2014

Im so glad a good friend of mine discovered ORB through TripAdvisor and suggested we stay there for our recent Bangkok trip! We loved the hotel and its shabby chic but also very cosmopolitan interiors. Its location was so peaceful as it was nestled among foreign embassies and residences and away from the hustle and bustle of the city's center. The lobby was so inviting and friendly unlike the overwhelming feeling you'd get from other hotel lobbies. When we got to our 2-bedroom suite, we fell in love with its layout, classy interiors and view of the city. Most of all, the staff and other personnel were so friendly and they took time to know us by name and always ask how our day was. They were very accommodating and always ready to suggest and give their opinions on the best places to shop, eat, get a massage or just enjoy a night out.

I really loved my ORB experience! Next time Im in Bangkok I will definitely stay there! I will also recommend ORB to people I know.

Room Tip: 2-bedroom suites can fit as many as 5 pax. They are good for families or friends traveling together...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank Katria77
Paul S, Manager at Oriental Residence Bangkok, responded to this review, August 6, 2014
Dear Katria77,

Thank you for reviewing the Oriental Residence Bangkok. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed all our facilities we have on offer at the hotel and our location. We believe that our service is what truly sets us apart from our competitors and reading your great comments just enforces our belief.

I am happy to read that you would revisit us should you have the chance to return to Bangkok and look forward to your next stay.

Executive Assistant Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (430)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Vietnamese first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2014

For my wonderful feeling with my stay at Oriental Residence Bangkok, during my stay here, I had a great experience with best service forever ever had offered the Residence. I can't forget this wonderful in my traveling.

The pool was really amazing, room is very cleaned, meal is super tasty. The great time in here is about their service .

Michael, lovely stay by all of you.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Paul S, Manager at Oriental Residence Bangkok, responded to this review, August 4, 2014
Dear michael J,

I was absolutely thrilled to read you very kind and detailed feedback following you stay at The Oriental Residence Bangkok. On behalf of all the team I cannot thank you enough for your kind words. I have already passed these on to all of the team. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near futre.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2014 via mobile

Anyone that has stayed at ORB, and knows the (probably) apocryphal story of the naming of Est! Est! Est! wine, will understand the link. There is, however, nothing apocryphal about ORB standards, superlatives abound, and I include price, it was very good value. Read the other reviews and see that we are the lucky ones who have already enjoyed ORB...
We stayed here last week before heading on to Yangon, but cut short our stay there to add some more ORB days before heading home. Well done everyone at ORB! Thank you kindly.

Stayed July 2014
2 Thank TomassoPan
Dear TomassoPan,

Many thanks for taking the time to leave your feedback following your recent stay at The Oriental Residence Bangkok. I was delighted to read that we met your expectations. Our aim here is to ensure that each and every guest has a fantastic stay with us and I really do hope that you will stay even longer next time.

london
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here last night just fantastic the level of attention to detail is amazing ....my apartment had outstanding views and an unbelievable amount of room...a true luxury home away from home.... Felt safe....felt. happy... Felt secure...and it's a truly outstanding place to stay I will be back and it's well worth every penny ... Better than any other hotel I've ever stayed in in Bangkok... I'll be back soon.... You should go you won't regreat it one bit..... Suitable for family as no sex in your face as your walk in and out... A truly family friendly place recommended 8-80.... 10 out 10 outstanding.... Thank you :-)

Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank LondonArtlover
Paul S, Manager at Oriental Residence Bangkok, responded to this review, August 1, 2014
Dear LondonArtlover,

Thank you for posting a review of your stay at the Oriental Residence Bangkok. We are delighted that you feel it is the best hotel you have ever stayed in Bangkok.

We really enjoyed reading the detail, which conveyed the pleasure of your stay. We are always most pleased to read that our guests experienced exemplary customer service, we love to hear that the staff went above and beyond to exceed all of our guest’s expectations, and in this instance it certainly sounds like they did.

We very much appreciate you kind comments and compliments and look forward to welcoming you as a regular guest on many stays to come.

Horsham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2014

We had a 2 bedroom apartment at the oriental, which is a fantastic hotel; friendly staff, great facilities (swimming pool, gym, restaurant, games room) and located near the american and dutch embassies so a nice neighbourhood. The apartment had fantastic views, a full kitchen including washing machine, coffee machine and all the stuff for cooking if you need to. This is all for the same price as we looked at for 2 double bedrooms in a normal hotel. Great value, ideal for families with more than 1 child.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Dear Simon H,

Thank you for posting a review of your family stays at the Oriental Residence Bangkok. We very much embrace welcoming families, and have developed our facilities to make their stay more comfortable. All of our rooms are larger than average for Bangkok, especially our Two Bedrooms at 128 sqm. We are always most delighted to hear great feedback about the team, and your review has been shared with them.

We very much appreciate your kind comments and compliments. We cannot wait to welcome you and your family on your next visit.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2014

Stayed three nights with my husband and my son and his wife, en route to Myanmar . The rooms are luxurious and immaculate and the very friendly staff were on hand to ensure we had everything we needed. The beds are superb ,with several pillow types to ensure a good nights sleep and very welcome after our journey from Scotland. The buffet breakfast was delicious as was the evening meal served in our room. Fabulous pool open to the elements with perfect covered areas for our pale western skin. Everything you could possibly need. We are returning soon.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Paul S, Manager at Oriental Residence Bangkok, responded to this review, July 31, 2014
Dear Eleanor B,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor for us and I am delighted that you and your family found the hotel to be the perfect blend of luxury, quality and personal service. Wonderful to hear that the staff were attentive and helpful and that the rooms comfortable and attractive. I am so pleased that your experience was fantastic from beginning to end and I do hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you all back on a future visit.

Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2014

Stayed here with my wife and two small children for 4 nights in a 2 bedroom apartment. The apartment was fantastic. Service was excellent and attentive. The fresh fruit basket and sweets for the kids was a very nice touch.

I got severely ill while staying there (no fault of the hotel) and the staff went out of their way to make sure I got a doctor in the middle of the night and that my wife in children were looked after while I was in hospital. I was so impressed that I've booked a one bedroom suite for an upcoming work trip.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Dear Ozview,

It was our great pleasure taking care of you and your family on your recent visit. Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review and for the lovely compliments. It is rewarding to hear that the quality and attentiveness and caring of the service was exceptional. I have passed your kind words to all the team and it is rewarding to hear that you are planning to return again.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon!