Oriental Residence Bangkok
$590
$464
  • Pool
3,040 results
All reviewscafe clairewireless roadamerican embassyone bedroom suitepillow menuembassy districtpark viewmacaroonsbeautiful hoteldining tablewasher dryerlumpini parkour honeymoonhuge bathroomhome away from homeserviced apartmentperfect stay
Reviewed January 6, 2014

My wife, 2 young sons and I stayed here for one night on route to Sheraton Pattaya. When we arrived, we were greeted with the usual warm friendly Thai smile. Check in was a breeze and we were shown to our apartment with a brief tour of the facilities and how everything worked. We went for a 2 bedroom apartment which was beautiful. The layout had one en suite bathroom and one main shower room with a connecting door to the main lounge area and the second bedroom. The apartment was spotless. My wife and I are very clean and tidy people and with our youngest crawling, my wife was concerned about him crawling around as his hands are constantly in his mouth just now. We shouldn't have worried, you could have eaten your dinner off the floor. Food from room service was excellent as was food at breakfast. Unfortunately we were staying only one night, I know next time we will stay here longer and spend some time to recover from the long flight.

One thing to note, which didn't affect us but I would have preferred to be notified prior to our arrival. The restaurant has a policy for clothing for the restaurant after a certain time. As we were travelling to Thailand for a week on the beach, we didn't have much else other than shorts flip slops so of we were spending more time here, it would have been good to know this so we could have taken suitable clothing.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Tobster3
Paul S, Manager at Oriental Residence Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2014

Dear Tobster3,

We are very grateful that you took the time and efforts to post your comments on Trip Advisor following your stay with us at the Oriental Residence Bangkok.

We are pleased to note that you and your family enjoyed the overall facilities and that you liked our spacious and comfortable rooms. More importantly - I was delighted to read that your were well looked after and that our staff contributed to making your stay such a pleasant one.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you and your family back for a longer stay next time!

Reviewed January 5, 2014

This is one of bangkok's newest hotels, it is in a nice neighborhood, which is difficult to find in bangkok, with a couple of embassys in the surroundings. The hotel looks so clean and immaculate, you will fall in love with it. Every technology available was used in this hotel. We had a two beedroom suite, main bedroom with its own full size bathroom, two sinks and all the bells and whistles you may ever need, separate digital climate controls, magnetic cards, entertainment center, nice coffee maker, the kitchen was awesome, so much that we didnt go out that night, and decided to go to the supermarket and cook our own dinner! there was nothing you could need that wasnt there. Staff is extremely friendly and caring and -very important in thailand- they speak great english, way above thailands average.

Room Tip: The two bedroom suites are perfect for 2 couples or a family! ask for upgrades at front desk, you will get better rates.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank slemusb
Paul S, Manager at Oriental Residence Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2014

Dear slemusb,

Thank you for taking the time to share your generous feedback from your recent stay with us. It was a great pleasure having you visit with your friends.

We are very happy that you liked our beautiful and luxurious rooms, their comfort and their amenities. I especially appreciated your words on the great service, that our colleagues are professional, caring and friendly!

We look forward to having another opportunity to welcome you and your friends back to the Oriental Residence Bangkok in the not too distant future.

Reviewed January 5, 2014

The staff, room and hotel all made a very nice first impression. The room looked comfortable, clean and efficient. I was escorted to the room and was shown the features. But after that, it was as if I was forgotten.
When going out of the hotel, no one asked if I would need a taxi.
When I asked the concierge for the location of a restaurant, I was told of a general direction. A map would have been helpful. The concierge was also no where to found on New Year's Eve. When asked, I was told they would eventually return.
When I reported the loss of Wifi in the room, I was told an engineer would come to check the router. When the engineer hadn't shown up after 30 min., I called again to discover that the problem applied to the whole hotel. It would have been helpful if someone had call me back to let me know. When the Wifi was eventually fixed, I discovered by chance instead of getting informed by the staff.
It's no surprise that most guests would check-out at around noon, so it's surprising that the Front Desk was overwhelmed. A crowd gathered around the Desk waiting to be helped. No one came to acknowledge us or make arrangement for taking turns.
I suppose these aren't serious problems for some, since they were eventually resolved, but at other 5-star hotels, I wouldn't encounter these problems.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo

Dear davewuhk,

We thank you sharing your feedback from your recent stay with us. We are truly disheartened to have disappointed you on this occasion with certain services.

Please let me reiterate my heartfelt apologies for the poor impression we have made during your visit .This is certainly not indicative of the service levels that we pride ourselves on.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back when you are next in Bangkok.

With kind regards,

Reviewed January 4, 2014

Beautiful property tucked in the embassy district of Bangkok. Quiet n lush w greenery. Well decked out w a sophisticated modern classic design. Rooms are spacious even for the smallest room types, functional w comfort n livability as top considerations. I also like the minimum 4 large bath towels in a room which is rare in city hotels. You do not need to go thru hassle to request for extras. Service was excellent. Friendly smiles always. Pool is large but only a small portion is exposed to the sun. So if u want to sun tan, hitting the pool early is imminent. Cafe Claire also serves excellent breakfast in a very refined environment.

As the hotel is along wireless road, it is a bit of a walk to the nearest phloenchit BTS. And at night is very quiet n lack of activities can be a drawback.

All in all, I will choose the hotel again if I want quiet times. Which sometimes on city holidays you might want more activities n lively atmosphere.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends

Dear KevSG2,

We were thrilled to read that you had such a great time and that we were able to help contribute to your overall experience whilst in Bangkok.

What I was most thankful was to read your great comments on our excellent service , attentive, helpful and smily staff - that is indeed the pinnacle for any manager to reflect upon and I was delighted to share this with the team.

We hope to have the pleasure in welcoming you back to the Oriental Residence Bangkok next time you are in town.

Until then we remain,

With Kindest Regards,

Reviewed January 3, 2014

Well-maintained piece of property with sweeping views and gorgeous decor, it's THE place to be when you want to be near the heart of Bangkok's shopping district yet with some peace and tranquility when you need it. No complaints really, my stay was wonderful!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Paul S, Manager at Oriental Residence Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded January 4, 2014

Dear Alvin C,

We really appreciate the time you took to comment on your recent stay with us.

I was happy to read that your stay was everything you had expected plus more - from the overall design to the amenities, facilities, to our location.

We hope to have the pleasure to be of service to you in the near future again!