“As good as it gets”

Oriental Residence Bangkok
Ranked #9 of 883 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed December 12, 2013

I stayed here for three nights with my partner. The hotel was fantastic from the moment we stepped in - the reception area is lovely and the hotel rooms are amazing. We stayed in a one bedroom suite overlooking the park and it was almost like being in a spacious apartment. Everything is catered for in the room - the service was great - apart from the fact it took a while to get our luggage (can't be too fussy!). One of the best hotels I've stayed in for a long time. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Paul S, Manager at Oriental Residence Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded December 13, 2013

Dear Dipro,

Season's greetings from the Oriental Residence Bangkok!

We are very happy to read about your comments following your stay with us and already look forward to welcome you back in the near future. We wish you a very blessed Holiday season and good health and happiness for 2014.

From all of us at the Oriental Residence Bangkok.

Reviewed December 12, 2013

We spent three nights at the Oriental Residences in November and found it to be a perfect hotel for a city break.
The room was faultless with a bath, shower, kitchenette and small living area. it was planned down to the small details such as a menu of different pillows. My wife particularly liked the fact that they provided a tie for your hair with the shower cap!
Breakfast was exceptional, with a good a la carte menu plus a plentiful buffet. We were even provided with a packed breakfast when we left early the last day for our flight. As we were out and about we didn't visit the restuarants.
The pool was unusual as it was outdoors on the 4th floor but we did spend a couple of hours relaxing by it.
The location is not brilliant for tourist attractions but the taxis and good sky train service are inexpensive ways to get around the city. (However do not try to get anywhere fast by taxi after 5 in the afternoon - traffic is gridlocked!)
Overall an exceptional hotel for a reasonable rate.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank rob1london

Dear rob1london,

I appreciate your time to comment on your recent stay with us at the Oriental Residence Bangkok - thank you very much indeed.

Your comments have been shared with the entire team - they will be happy to read that you and your wife enjoyed our hotel in its entirety and that you made great use of our facilities.

I look forward to having the pleasure of welcoming you both back in the not too distant future!

Reviewed December 11, 2013

One thing I love here is the location and neighbourhood, right next to the US embassy, retreat from the busy of the city. Then the elegant and smart tone of the decor and details grabbed me, especially room 1201 with the half living room braced by both city and garden views. The bed was so comfortable that I asked for the product info. But what impressed me most was the staff and service there. I have to say they did beyond standard and made me feel home. Only one thing, the swim pool didn't have much facilities although the pool is cool itself. Will come back next time!

Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Paul S, Manager at Oriental Residence Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded December 12, 2013

Dear Jing Z,

I really appreciate you taking the time to write a review following your stay with us. I am very delighted to read that you loved our peaceful and elegant ambience within the hustle-and-bustle of this vibrant city.

Thank you very much for highlighting your positive experience with our overall services - I will be very happy to share your comments with the team so that they can see that their efforts have not gone unnoticed.

The entire team and myself look forward to welcome you back in the near future to your new home-away-from-home.

Reviewed December 11, 2013

Hello I have to say this is by far the most amazing hotel I have ever stayed at. The service was outstanding. We got picked up in a lovely jaguar from the airport. Our room was massive it was like living in a big condo. When we were there the protest were going on and the hotel was very kind to tell us where to go and not to go. They have shuttle service to the bts which is a 5 minute walk. The cafe/restaurant in the hotel has amazing food. The pool is on the 4th floor with great views. We booked a tour with the hotel and the tour guide they gave us was the most wonderful lovely person I have ever met. If you do book a tour ask for the guide named Meow Meow. Yes that is her name. You have a private driver and she is so knowledge about Thailand. I wish I could bring her home with me just to hang out. The service at the hotel was superb I cound't ask for anything more.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Eva C

Dear Eva C,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write your lovely comments from your recent honeymoon trip.

I am so happy you chose our hotel for this very special occasion and am even more delighted that we were able to contribute to its complete success with our service, grand guest rooms, amenities and attention to detail!

Wishing you a very happy life together and looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed December 10, 2013

I stayed in the Oriental Residence for 2 weeks whilst on a business trip to Bangkok in July 2013. It is hands down the best hotel I have ever stayed in. The whole place is first class, from the gorgeous lobby, the super friendly and coerteous staff and the amazing rooms.

My room was very big, spotless with a kitchen and a stunning bathroom that I never wanted to leave. The attention to detail was impeccable with a little welcome basket upon arrival. The concierge and staff were helpful yet un-obtrusive. As a smoker (I have since given up) the lovely large balconies on each floor overlooking Bangkok were just perfect.

The pool area was simply stunning and the service amazing. The whole vibe was that of a luxourious spa.

The only negative point about this hotel is the dress code. When its 40 degrees outside you are usually wearing sandals. I didn't bring any close toed shoes with me to Bangkok and I was refused entry to the dining room even through the sandals I was wearing were smart. I think if you are a guest, you should be able to wear comfortable footwear. I understand the need to ban 'beach attire' but not the shoes. That would be my only negative.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business

Dear Deborah A,

Thank you so much for the marvelous review you posted on TripAdvisor following your recent stay with us. I am delighted to read you rate us as the best hotel you have ever stayed in and that our spacious guest accommodations and services exceeded your expectations. We also appreciate your kind comments on our public areas and lovely pool.

My team and I really look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed December 8, 2013 via mobile

Located in the Embassy row, ideal place to stay for more than just one night. Though best for Business travelers, the hotel is ideal for long stay.

Pros: bathroom you can stay for hours in; great bedding (though all king size only, so not ideal if you are sharing room with someone that you are not close with); spacious living area and well staffed amenities for cooking and in room dining; nice pool area.

Cons: if u like riding the light rail transit in BKK, this hotel is a good walking distance to the nearest BTS station (though they offer complimentary transfer to nearby mall)

Tips: try the breakfast at the restaurant.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank tripin_travel
Paul S, Manager at Oriental Residence Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded December 9, 2013

Dear tripin_travel,

Thank you very much for posting your review following your stay.

We were pleased to learn that you were most impressed with our beautifully appointed guest room with its comfortable bed, our facilities and delicious breakfast at Cafe Claire and last but not least, our great location.

Thank you very much for your patronage and we all are looking forward to your next visit.

Reviewed December 7, 2013

Superb stay. 4 Days in City view suite.
Location near US Embassy ( taxis are unaware ). Skytrain walking distance.
Beautiful rooms which are extremely clean with beautiful light decor and shades.
Breakfast delicious.

Room Tip: Choose a suite!