“Impressive”

Ranked #7 of 852 Hotels in Bangkok
Shanghai, China
“Impressive”
Reviewed December 11, 2013 via mobile

One thing I love here is the location and neighbourhood, right next to the US embassy, retreat from the busy of the city. Then the elegant and smart tone of the decor and details grabbed me, especially room 1201 with the half living room braced by both city and garden views. The bed was so comfortable that I asked for the product info. But what impressed me most was the staff and service there. I have to say they did beyond standard and made me feel home. Only one thing, the swim pool didn't have much facilities although the pool is cool itself. Will come back next time!

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Paul S, Manager at Oriental Residence Bangkok, responded to this review, December 12, 2013
Dear Jing Z,

I really appreciate you taking the time to write a review following your stay with us. I am very delighted to read that you loved our peaceful and elegant ambience within the hustle-and-bustle of this vibrant city.

Thank you very much for highlighting your positive experience with our overall services - I will be very happy to share your comments with the team so that they can see that their efforts have not gone unnoticed.

The entire team and myself look forward to welcome you back in the near future to your new home-away-from-home.

Executive Assistant Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (430)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Vietnamese first
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed December 11, 2013

Hello I have to say this is by far the most amazing hotel I have ever stayed at. The service was outstanding. We got picked up in a lovely jaguar from the airport. Our room was massive it was like living in a big condo. When we were there the protest were going on and the hotel was very kind to tell us where to go and not to go. They have shuttle service to the bts which is a 5 minute walk. The cafe/restaurant in the hotel has amazing food. The pool is on the 4th floor with great views. We booked a tour with the hotel and the tour guide they gave us was the most wonderful lovely person I have ever met. If you do book a tour ask for the guide named Meow Meow. Yes that is her name. You have a private driver and she is so knowledge about Thailand. I wish I could bring her home with me just to hang out. The service at the hotel was superb I cound't ask for anything more.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Eva C
Dear Eva C,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write your lovely comments from your recent honeymoon trip.

I am so happy you chose our hotel for this very special occasion and am even more delighted that we were able to contribute to its complete success with our service, grand guest rooms, amenities and attention to detail!

Wishing you a very happy life together and looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 10, 2013

I stayed in the Oriental Residence for 2 weeks whilst on a business trip to Bangkok in July 2013. It is hands down the best hotel I have ever stayed in. The whole place is first class, from the gorgeous lobby, the super friendly and coerteous staff and the amazing rooms.

My room was very big, spotless with a kitchen and a stunning bathroom that I never wanted to leave. The attention to detail was impeccable with a little welcome basket upon arrival. The concierge and staff were helpful yet un-obtrusive. As a smoker (I have since given up) the lovely large balconies on each floor overlooking Bangkok were just perfect.

The pool area was simply stunning and the service amazing. The whole vibe was that of a luxourious spa.

The only negative point about this hotel is the dress code. When its 40 degrees outside you are usually wearing sandals. I didn't bring any close toed shoes with me to Bangkok and I was refused entry to the dining room even through the sandals I was wearing were smart. I think if you are a guest, you should be able to wear comfortable footwear. I understand the need to ban 'beach attire' but not the shoes. That would be my only negative.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Dear Deborah A,

Thank you so much for the marvelous review you posted on TripAdvisor following your recent stay with us. I am delighted to read you rate us as the best hotel you have ever stayed in and that our spacious guest accommodations and services exceeded your expectations. We also appreciate your kind comments on our public areas and lovely pool.

My team and I really look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Manila, Philippines
Reviewed December 8, 2013 via mobile

Located in the Embassy row, ideal place to stay for more than just one night. Though best for Business travelers, the hotel is ideal for long stay.

Pros: bathroom you can stay for hours in; great bedding (though all king size only, so not ideal if you are sharing room with someone that you are not close with); spacious living area and well staffed amenities for cooking and in room dining; nice pool area.

Cons: if u like riding the light rail transit in BKK, this hotel is a good walking distance to the nearest BTS station (though they offer complimentary transfer to nearby mall)

Tips: try the breakfast at the restaurant.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank tripin_travel
Paul S, Manager at Oriental Residence Bangkok, responded to this review, December 9, 2013
Dear tripin_travel,

Thank you very much for posting your review following your stay.

We were pleased to learn that you were most impressed with our beautifully appointed guest room with its comfortable bed, our facilities and delicious breakfast at Cafe Claire and last but not least, our great location.

Thank you very much for your patronage and we all are looking forward to your next visit.

Tallinn, Estonia
Reviewed December 7, 2013

Superb stay. 4 Days in City view suite.
Location near US Embassy ( taxis are unaware ). Skytrain walking distance.
Beautiful rooms which are extremely clean with beautiful light decor and shades.
Breakfast delicious.

Room Tip: Choose a suite!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear PaulaMaria82,

We were thrilled that our spacious and tastefully appointed accommodations with the various amenities made your stay so enjoyable and that you made the most of our central location to explore the city surrounding.

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Los Angeles
Reviewed December 5, 2013 via mobile

We had a great stay at the Oriental Residence. Our room was bright, elegant and modern with sweeping views of the city and gardens. The reception, concierge and housekeeping were very attentive and helpful. It felt like a modern Hampton's retreat in the middle of Bangkok. Only cons, no spa, no conditioner, irregular tv signals, and limited space for bags inside the the bedroom closet.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Paul S, Manager at Oriental Residence Bangkok, responded to this review, December 6, 2013
Dear LA-IBIZA,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor.I am very happy to note that you had a very good stay with us overall and I appreciate your feedback.

Rest assured that your valuable comments have been taken in the spirit intended and that we are continuously doing everything possible to increase our guest service experiences.

My team and I look forward to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

exeter
Reviewed December 4, 2013

My rule is: If you like, post; if not, stay quiet. I was almost tempted not to post for the Oriental Residence, however, for fear of giving away a great secret. But I will, because it's only fair... I arrived in the middle of the night, completely knackered. I was very warmly and courteously received, with nothing being too much trouble. Bags were taken, to be brought up by staff, and I was taken to my room. There I find that it's not a room, but a mini-flat with kitchen, bathroom suite and proper 'living space'. In the middle is a table, very carefully laid, with a complementary 'mango and sticky rice' desert (plus fresh coconut milk) that was exquisite. And so it went on, with endless examples of courteous service, very good food in the restaurant just off the lobby and plenty of assistance as I tried to fit far too much work into too short a time. On my last day, I checked out very early in the morning, but left my bags with them. After a day away on business in Phuket, I returned to conduct further meetings in the spacious and opulent lobby. Even though I had checked out hours earlier and was 'past business', they continued to assist with queries, phone charging etc until I finally reclaimed my bag at 9pm. I pick hotels carefully and research first. I am used to being pleased, but this was exceptional. And all for a phenomenally decent price. I'm coming back with the family.....

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank watersttschuk
Paul S, Manager at Oriental Residence Bangkok, responded to this review, December 5, 2013
Dear watersttschuk,

We are very grateful that you took the time and efforts to post your comments on Trip Advisor following your stay with us at the Oriental Residence Bangkok.

We are pleased to note that you enjoyed the overall facilities and that you liked our spacious and comfortable rooms. More importantly - I was delighted to read that your were well looked after and that our staff contributed to making your stay such a pleasant one.

We look forward to welcoming you back along with your family when you are back in Bangkok.