“Best hotel experience in 8 years of business travelling”

Oriental Residence Bangkok
Ranked #8 of 867 Hotels in Bangkok
exeter
“Best hotel experience in 8 years of business travelling”
Reviewed December 4, 2013

My rule is: If you like, post; if not, stay quiet. I was almost tempted not to post for the Oriental Residence, however, for fear of giving away a great secret. But I will, because it's only fair... I arrived in the middle of the night, completely knackered. I was very warmly and courteously received, with nothing being too much trouble. Bags were taken, to be brought up by staff, and I was taken to my room. There I find that it's not a room, but a mini-flat with kitchen, bathroom suite and proper 'living space'. In the middle is a table, very carefully laid, with a complementary 'mango and sticky rice' desert (plus fresh coconut milk) that was exquisite. And so it went on, with endless examples of courteous service, very good food in the restaurant just off the lobby and plenty of assistance as I tried to fit far too much work into too short a time. On my last day, I checked out very early in the morning, but left my bags with them. After a day away on business in Phuket, I returned to conduct further meetings in the spacious and opulent lobby. Even though I had checked out hours earlier and was 'past business', they continued to assist with queries, phone charging etc until I finally reclaimed my bag at 9pm. I pick hotels carefully and research first. I am used to being pleased, but this was exceptional. And all for a phenomenally decent price. I'm coming back with the family.....

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank watersttschuk
Paul S, Manager at Oriental Residence Bangkok, responded to this review, December 5, 2013
Dear watersttschuk,

We are very grateful that you took the time and efforts to post your comments on Trip Advisor following your stay with us at the Oriental Residence Bangkok.

We are pleased to note that you enjoyed the overall facilities and that you liked our spacious and comfortable rooms. More importantly - I was delighted to read that your were well looked after and that our staff contributed to making your stay such a pleasant one.

We look forward to welcoming you back along with your family when you are back in Bangkok.

Executive Assistant Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (450)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Vietnamese first
Phuket
Reviewed December 4, 2013 via mobile

Great hotel that catered for every need. One of the best in bangkok and definitely worth the extra few €.
Look forward to visiting again.
Easily worth it's 5 star rating.
Location is a bit off putting however, never take taxis as the traffic is always at a standstill in the area. Take either the sky train or motorbike taxis to get around.

Stayed November 2013
Dear Chris R,

What a fabulous review indeed! All my colleagues at the Oriental Residence Bangkok will be very happy to read about your experiences.

We cannot wait to welcome you back to Bangkok in the near future.

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 4, 2013

Everything about this hotel was amazing I didn't want to leave, when I return this will be where I will stay, its not cheap but you get more than you pay for!
I could be here for days writing about all the things I loved but in a nut shell - the views from my room and the pool area were outstanding, the staff could not be more helpfull and the german sausage special on the bbq by the pool really was special.
If you dont have to worry about a budget dont think twice, just go here.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Dear Millzy85,

Thank you for taking the time to share your rewarding feedback from your recent stay with us.

We were delighted to read that you had such a great time at our fantastic hotel and I was particularly pleased to read about your praise towards our staff - they will be happy to note that their efforts towards our guests has been appreciated.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Oriental Residence Bangkok in the near future.

Malaga, Spain
Reviewed December 3, 2013 via mobile

Just the perfect hotel. Beautiful decor. Wonderful staff. We stayed in a corner suite with park view. Stunning and very large. The pool area is lovely and both restaurants are great. Would highly recommend the Asian restaurant. Fantastic food. Have decided to return at the end of our month trip to Thailand. Amazing.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Paul S, Manager at Oriental Residence Bangkok, responded to this review, December 4, 2013
Dear wdsawyer,

We are humbled by your high praise and thank you for taking the time to share your comments from your recent stay with us at the Oriental Residence Bangkok.

Our aim is to deliver the best possible service to our guests and we are glad that you fully enjoyed your accommodation along with everything else we offered. The staff will be very pleased with your feedback.

We look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future and remain meanwihile, at your service.

Recife, PE
Reviewed December 2, 2013

Great hotel. Our room was very big (living and bedroom) and had absolutely everything we needed. Breakfast, location, cleanness, staff, everything was just fine. The Chinese restaurant (Mandopop) is a must go. The hotel has a dress code (they ask the guests not to wear flip flops, sneakers, gym clothes, etc. at the lobby and restaurant, for example) but I didn’t see anybody having problems with that.Tottaly recommend.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Paul S, Manager at Oriental Residence Bangkok, responded to this review, December 3, 2013
Dear Maria Eduarda M,

Thank you so much for your lovely comments following your stay with us.

I am so happy you enjoyed our gorgeous rooms, location and that you enjoyed breakfast at Cafe Claire and the Chinese restaurant Mandopop as well.

This is why we have so many guests returning to our hotel as there just isn't any other hotel like this in Bangkok.

We look very much forward to having you back in the near future.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed November 30, 2013

My family and I had the pleasure of staying at the Oriental Residence in Bangkok twice in two weeks, both times for two nights.

After a long flight from Australia, we arrived and were greeted at the door. The staff member told us we had been upgraded, and did not need to check in, she had prepared everything for us. She escorted us to our room, a stunning corner suite with a cot, and even a gift basket filled with baby products.

The hotel was stunning, the pool is breathtaking, and the customer service was perfect.
Would definitely stay there again in the future!

Room Tip: Corner suite was brilliant. Nice and spacious.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Dear Kewell19,

Thank you for taking the time to share your most rewarding feedback from your recent experience with us. We are always delighted to welcome our loyal guests back and I was very happy that you and your family enjoyed your stay again.

We were pleased to learn that you were most impressed with our spacious upgraded guest accommodations with its layout and amenities but most importantly, all made possible by our attentive staff. I am proud to learn that our team members were so successful in creating fond memories for you.

We look forward to the privilege of welcoming you and your family back again.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 30, 2013

This is the second time I have stayed at the Oriental Residence, and like the previous time, this time too my stay was most pleasurable. The rooms are a perfect size with very tasteful decorating. What I appreciated was the fact that housekeeping managed to tidy the room within moments of you leaving, no matter what time. The staff are excellent. They are always where they need to be, yet they are not intrusive. There is an air of calmness about this hotel.

Room Tip: They are all good
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Paul S, Manager at Oriental Residence Bangkok, responded to this review, November 30, 2013
Dear FoodLover1119,

Thank you for taking the time to share your most rewarding feedback from your recent experience at the Oriental Residence Bangkok.

We are always delighted to welcome our loyal guests back and I was very happy that you enjoyed your overall stay again.

We could not concur more with your statement in describing the calmness one experiences when walking through the lobby, leaving all noise and irritation behind. We pride ourselves on making our guests feel at home inmidst of the hustle and bustle of this vibrant city environment.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to share your comments, and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.