“The oriental deliveries the essentials and much more...”

Oriental Residence Bangkok
Ranked #7 of 851 Hotels in Bangkok
Oslo, Oslo, Norway
“The oriental deliveries the essentials and much more...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

Arriving late we were welcomed with an upgrade to one of their suites. The suite was elegant and had a lovely balcony with city views (19th floor). The pool was nice, the breakfast excellent and the staff was just as friendly as one would expect from such a hotel.

The location may not be perfect for tourists because its a bit off the main tourist attractions. Then again in a city that never sleeps, its loads of transportation available and it's quite convenient to get back to this quite oasis after a long day of sightseeing.

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Gunnar P
Paul S, Manager at Oriental Residence Bangkok, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Dear Gunnar P,

Thank you for your great feedback about the Oriental Residence Bangkok on TripAdvisor!

We are very delighted to learn that you were pleased with the overall experience at our hotel during your stay with us!

We will definitely share your comments with our staff since this is in line with your intentions. Once again, please receive my heartfelt thanks and I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

paul.s@oriental-residence.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (430)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Vietnamese first
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2013

Beautiful hotel located in the embassy area of Bangkok. Five minute walk to train and two stops away from Siam shopping centres. We were lucky enough to be upgraded to a one bedroom suite, which was amazing, and wonderfully fitted out for a longer stay or business traveler. The attention to detail was faultless, well fitted out kitchen, washing machine/dryer in the room etc. Not a lot of restaurants close by to choose from though!

2 Thank Jamster22
Dear Jamster22,

Thank you for your very thoughtful comment about the Oriental Residence Bangkok! We are very pleased to learn that you had an enjoyable time at our property. Your praise made us all proud of what we do here and has inspired us to continue to strive for excellence.

Refers to your comments about our location, we have many restaurants in the area. On your next visit, our concierge can help with restaurant choices that are within walking distance from the hotel.

Thanks again for sharing your experience with us and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2013

We booked a two bedroom suite as we have three children. The suite was spacious and elegant. We were surprised to find all the facilities we would need including a microwave, DVD player and washer/dryer in the room. The staff were always polite and courteous and would try to accommodate any requests including finding some Nutella for my youngest's pancakes !

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank camelrider68
Paul S, Manager at Oriental Residence Bangkok, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Dear camelrider68,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor following your stay with at the Oriental Residence Bangkok! We are delighted to learn that your stay was enjoyable and that you and your family were pleased with the level of service offered by our hotel. We are proud of our employees who take extra steps to ensure that our guests' needs are met (especially with our little guests), and who provide the quality of service we promise.

Once again, please receive my heartfelt thanks and I look forward to welcoming you and your family back again in the near future

Hong Kong
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2013

Since we are returning for a stay at the Oriental Residences in a few days' time, I thought it would be a good time to review our last stay there a few months ago.

My first review of the OR highlighted in details problems with their hardware (search for my review as I cannot be bothered to repeat myself), problems which had never been resolved since. And I also noticed new problems with their service from our last stay there:

1) Whenever I would appear with my white husband (I am Asian), the staff would rush towards us to offer their service with a big smile. But whenever I would appear on my own, EVERY staff member would completely ignore me, not even offering a greeting. At times, the staff would be outright rude to me. After observing the same behavioural pattern for four days I am sure that it was no coincidence.

2) I invited a dear friend who is African to a dinner and drinks at the hotel one night. When my husband retired to our room leaving my friend and I at the lobby to finish our wine, the staff's attitude towards us changed 100% instantly and became borderline hostile towards my friend. I was thoroughly disgusted.

3) The hotel had, for some bizzare reasons, taken awak the bottled water from the pool area. To me, this was unwise in the Bangkok heat as people would become unwell quite quickly from dehydration, which would then become a liability of the hotel. I had to call them from the pool (as there was never anyone manning the pool bar) EVERY DAY for some water - only to be messed around and to only get the precious two bottles of water (for three people) some 40 minutes+ later. And when the staff turned up with the bottles, they were surly as hell. I never quite understood how it could have been so difficult to bring some water up (or better still, supply it without being asked, like they used to) from two floors down, and how was it possible that they never took any action to rectify the problem after I've complained more than once. And I just had to laugh when the person answering the phone would ask me every time, in all seriousness, "how many bottles do you want?". This is the hotel's own brand filtered water for crying out loud, it really wouldn't kill you if you bring a case of it up for the benefit of the other hotel guests at the pool.

The hotel looks nice on a superficial level, and we are returning as the price is right for a hotel that comes with a kitchen (we have a toddler so that is important). But I am starting to lose patience with this place after mentioning to them on multiple occasions the ways in which they can make the place better. Let's see what's gonna happen with our next stay.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
5 Thank WTTA
Dear WTTA,

Thank you for your feedback. We are dismayed to learn that your 2nd stay with us was still unimpressive, and we extend a sincere apology from our entire staff once again. This is very atypical feedback for us to receive especially with your comments about the way we treat our guests. We are known for professional, friendly, passionate and caring people. With that in mind, we take your comments with the utmost seriousness. Also, this feedback was from your stay back in February and the issue you mentioned about drinking water at the pool is no longer exists.

Our gratitude that you took the time to share your experience with us; we learn from each guest review how we can better ourselves – and our guests’ experiences! Thank you once again for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you and your family back again soon.

Kind regards,

Verwood, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for three nights en route to koh samui.

Conveniently located in the commercial area the hotel is spotlessly clean, the rooms are well appointed and the staff massively keen to please

Breakfast is varied and high quality, a good start to the day.

Some good room deals at the moment that make the prices competitive. The pool area is also very nice and uncrowded

This is not a hotel that shouts at you like some in the area, what it offers is genuine understated quality

Recommended

• Stayed July 2013
Dear Alfaman2001,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice and very detailed review from your recent visit to the Oriental Residence Bangkok! Your thoughtful comments are truly appreciated. We are so pleased to hear that you were able to enjoy our hotel. Once again, thank you very much for your time. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel in the near future.

Nice
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2013

We were graciously met at the airport by a representative from the hotel who instinctively seemed to know who we were - amazing! We were led to an awaiting hotel car (a very spacious and comfortable Jaguar) we were invited to choose our favourite music for the journey via the iPad. From the minute we were greeted to the second we left six days later, everything just seemed to get better and better.

From the arrival experience at the hotel, the whole service was seamless, attentive and extremely courteous, friendly and knowledgable staff throughout. I would go as far as saying that it was without a doubt the best I have ever had the pleasure to enjoy and we have stayed in many luxurious hotels around the world for both business and leisure trips.

I think that the boutique feel of the property, the great location (our beautifully suite overlooking the Embassy gardens was so peaceful, the calming decor was right up our street). The two restaurants were very different in style, yet both excellent, the service was always very attentive and the lovely, friendly teams there were just such a pleasure to deal with. I did however, love the Chinese restaurant called Mandopop, the theme, design, quality of the food was an absolute find and we ended up eating in there on two occasions, I am so glad we tried it early on in our stay, otherwise we may not have had the time to be able to enjoy it again.

The leisure facility was also great and very welcome after lots of sightseeing and shopping, on a couple of days, it was our main destination!

We are looking at booking another trip to Thailand in early 2014 and will definitely factor in a few nights in Bangkok en-route to our destination, we will absolutely rebook to stay at the Oriental Residence again.

Room Tip: We did not make a request but having the view over the Embassy gardens was just wonderful.
Dear men4sail,

Thank you for taking the time to write a detailed review from your recent stay at the Oriental Residence Bangkok! We are always extremely delighted to hear such positive feedback from our guests. We are so pleased to hear that you were able to enjoy our beautiful hotel, Cafe Claire and our signature restaurant Mandopop. We are very proud of our employees who are professional, caring people and are committed to ensuring our guests a true Oriental Residence experience from start to finish. I will share your comments with the rest our team, as there is no greater motivator than the praise of a “job well done”.

Thank you again for taking the time to share your impressions from your visit. I hope to have the opportunity to personally welcome you back to the Oriental Residence Bangkok in the near future.

hawaii
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2013

My husband and I stayed here three nights before we head up to Chiang Mai; we wanted comfort since we both have been traveling for awhile. Hotel staff provided exceptional service. Comfortable bed... could not ask for anything more. Additionally, right across the street from the hotel is a small market where you could grab some great local noodle soups and fresh fruits.

1 Thank veroko
Paul S, Manager at Oriental Residence Bangkok, responded to this review, July 28, 2013
Dear veroko,

Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts with us on Trip Advisor. We appreciate your vivid description and positive feedback. We are so glad to know that you enjoyed your stay, loved our hotel and most important that you enjoyed our service & hospitality. Looking forward to welcoming you and your husband back in the near future!