“Good hotel”

Ranked #8 of 863 Hotels in Bangkok
Stavanger, Norway
“Good hotel”
Reviewed January 9, 2013 via mobile

Good hotel between the American embassy and the residence of the American ambassador.

The hotel staff is helpful, but knowledge of English language is not 100%.

Not perfect, but recommended place to stay, among the best in Bangkok. Personally I am not very fond of this area, I find it cold with too much concrete and asfalt, and certainly too many cars. Most cafes/bars/restaurants here will be in this or other 5* hotels = not cheap. If you look for outside ambience this is not the place. A plus: the Lumpini park near by is very nice, also for your morning run.

If you are looking for the famous Mandarin Oriental hotel by the river: this is not it.

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Paul S, Manager at Oriental Residence Bangkok, responded to this review, January 11, 2013
Dear Egil B,

Thank you very much for rated our hotel to be among the best in Bangkok! I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and will share your comments with the team. Also, I appreciate that everyone has a preferred hotel location, and I am sorry that our wonderful Wireless Road neighborhood was not your ideal location. We hope to see you back again.

Executive Assistant Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (446)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Vietnamese first
Den Bosch, The Netherlands
Reviewed January 9, 2013 via mobile

Fantastic and gorgeous hotel build and decorated in a beautiful style. Rooms are so big and have all the best comforts. Amazing rain-shower. Negative is the too high prices for food in bar end restaurant. On the other hand the quality, taste and presentation of the food they serve is excellent. Good free Wifi connection in room and lobby

• Stayed January 2013
Paul S, Manager at Oriental Residence Bangkok, responded to this review, January 17, 2013
Dear Jankees R,

Thank you. It pleases me greatly to read your comments. I am so delighted that you have enjoyed your stays with us. We look forward to your next trip!

america
Reviewed January 7, 2013

This is the best place i have been in for a very long time. The service is immaculate, there seems no limits as to what they can do.... magical. The design of rooms is very simple but looks astonishing and feels pristine. I did not wish to leave this place as it was absolutely amazing.... hopefully i can be back very soon!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Beordt123
Paul S, Manager at Oriental Residence Bangkok, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
Dear Beordt123,

I wanted to thank you for all of your kind words. I am so pleased to hear that you truly enjoyed your stay with us! I will certainly share your comments with my team.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Oriental Residence the next time you are in Bangkok.

Canada
Reviewed January 7, 2013

We really loved our stay at the Oriental Residence -- no other hotels compared for the rest of the trip!

We had a 1 bedroom suite, and everything was really well appointed. The kitchen was a great addition and ended up using it quite a bit. The only thing that bothered us slightly is that on the website they mention that all suites have washer and dryer and they don't anymore.

The breakfast buffet was good - but agree on the limp bacon. The view of the pool and the city certainly made up for it. We really loved the cheese and bread selection.

The bathroom was very spacious, the closet space was great, and we really really loved the pillows and bed. So comfortable!

In terms of location, it's about 10-15 minutes from Phloen Chit station - next to the American Embassy. It's a quiet area and definitely felt safe walking around at night.

I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again - In fact I've been telling everyone I know how great this hotel is. The staff was polite, helpful and very attentive. I look forward to staying there again!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank travel_abroad_81
Dear travel_abroad_81,

I enjoy the fact that your review highlights all of the qualities we are proud of at the Oriental Residence Bangkok, from the personal touches brought by our attentive staff to the physical aspects of the property. I am thrilled to learn that your stay was delightful, and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

New York City, New York
Reviewed January 7, 2013

After spending 4 nights at the Oriental Residence, I was bragging about it to pretty much everyone. From the moment we arrived at the airport until the day we departed to the hotel, it was simply perfection. Airport transfers with a very comfortable and well-appointed van or you can opted for even more luxurious Jaguar sedans. The hotel rep at the airport was taking care of our luggage on the morning of our departure and even waited in line for us for over 40 minutes due to a high season check-in while we went to get coffee. Now, that was a fantastic service that I never experienced before from any other high-end hotels in Asia. I was able to email the concierge confirming all our reservations about 1 month prior to our arrival. James, my contact at OR was more than helpful. The tours he booked us were all superior. We spent the entire day visiting the floating market and the crocodile farm. He also made arrangements for a private car and a driver for us to explore Bangkok for the duration of our stay. The 1-bedroom suite was very large, tastefully minimalist and cozy with a beautiful spacious bathroom. One of the most beautiful suites I’ve ever stayed in. White gloves service all the way from the lobby greeters to the rest of the staff. Breakfast was served on the 4th floor near the swimming pool area. A very good spread ranging from healthy choices to continental and Asian selections. We will definitely come back to OR the next time we visit Bangkok. Beautiful building, great service, great location (Sukhumvit area) and very friendly helpful staff. Well done!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank Arch-Designer
Paul S, Manager at Oriental Residence Bangkok, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Dear Arch-Designer,

Thanks for selecting us as the best hotel in Bangkok! I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and felt that the level of service was so exceptional. I will share your comments with the entire team, especially our staff at the airport and James at the concierge. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed January 6, 2013 via mobile

We absolutely loved this hotel.

We were slightly worried we could be in for a disappointment - how could something of this price be as nice as everyone says it is? We were not disappointed & in fact it exceeded our expectations....

Stunning contemporary interior design. Beautiful rooms with the comfiest beds ever. Huge bathroom. Overall v luxurious feel.

Would definitely recommend this hotel.

To see my photos & read more see our blogspot, thisiscurbappeal

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank Thisiscurbappeal
Dear Thisiscurbappeal,

Thank you very much for your confidence in us. It sounds like you thoroughly researched your stay and I am delighted that we were able to exceeded your expectations. We look forward to your next stay!

Los Angeles
Reviewed January 6, 2013

Great place. Great service, location etc. I echo all the good comments.

One item to be aware of:
I booked on their internet site and the site confirmed by reservation. I never did receive a separate e mail to confirm the reservation. Two weeks before my trip I e mailed them to seek confirmation and found that there was a "malfunction" and they did not have my reservation.

I had reserved a 2 bedroom suite for 2 nights, which now is available only one night. The first night they offered a one bedroom suite and 2 roll-up beds for my family of 4. They then moved us after the first night. It made a short trip more hectic.

So if you book on their internet website, then be sure to double check your booking.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank LAXtravels
Dear LAXtravels,

Thank you for your review. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback regarding our staff, and I will certainly share these comments with my team.

I am sorry that you experienced inconsistencies with our internet booking systems. Fortunately, we believe we have resolved the issue. Thank you once again for your comments and we look forward to welcoming you in the future.