“All great, but be sure to confirm internet booking.”

Oriental Residence Bangkok
Ranked #7 of 851 Hotels in Bangkok
Los Angeles
“All great, but be sure to confirm internet booking.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2013

Great place. Great service, location etc. I echo all the good comments.

One item to be aware of:
I booked on their internet site and the site confirmed by reservation. I never did receive a separate e mail to confirm the reservation. Two weeks before my trip I e mailed them to seek confirmation and found that there was a "malfunction" and they did not have my reservation.

I had reserved a 2 bedroom suite for 2 nights, which now is available only one night. The first night they offered a one bedroom suite and 2 roll-up beds for my family of 4. They then moved us after the first night. It made a short trip more hectic.

So if you book on their internet website, then be sure to double check your booking.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank LAXtravels
Paul S, Manager at Oriental Residence Bangkok, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Dear LAXtravels,

Thank you for your review. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback regarding our staff, and I will certainly share these comments with my team.

I am sorry that you experienced inconsistencies with our internet booking systems. Fortunately, we believe we have resolved the issue. Thank you once again for your comments and we look forward to welcoming you in the future.

Executive Assistant Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (430)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Vietnamese first
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2013

I stayed in this hotel for 2 nights during the Christmas season. I chose it since it's rated #1 Hotel in Bangkok in TripAdvisor. Overall, I think I made the right choice. :)

Staff were very helpful and friendly (though the receptionist during check-in kept calling me Sir :( and I am no Sir nor do I look like a Sir (no has ever thought so before))

The room was really pretty, spacious and clean; But the TV was having some signal problem on my last day; I did not bother calling room service to have it checked though;

Breakfast buffet was just ok; Few choices in the selection. Disappointed with the bacon (not crispy and sticking together), the egg was a little salty and the muffins were just ok (I usually enjoy muffins served in hotels as usually they are really good); Better to have breakfast/eat at Cafe Claire, I enjoyed my lunch (but breakfast food - pancakes and eggs) there! :)

Good Location, safe and strategic.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank rjvsantos
Paul S, Manager at Oriental Residence Bangkok, responded to this review, January 5, 2013
Dear rjvsantos,

Thank you very much. I am pleased that we were able to make your stay so enjoyable. I will certainly follow-up with our reception team about your check in experience and with our culinary team about the breakfast. We look forward to welcoming you again soon!

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2013

Wow, the rooms at the Oriental Residence are outstanding. I booked a suite with separate living room, bed room and the bath room the size of another bed room. Elegance at it's best, for about $200 per night. The location is Wireless Road where all the embassies are, a top notch location in Bangkok, centrally located to everywhere, yet not in the middle of all the tourist spots where every five minutes someone tries to sell you something. I stayed on the park side, great views, super quiet, every night I slept like a baby. Free high-speed Internet was included.

Service is just as good, very professional staff. Happy smiles and greetings every time I walked into the lobby. Always someone approaching me to help if I had a question. Room was cleaned once during the day, a second quick cleanup at night, when also the bed was prepared. Once I ordered food at 2am and got a delicious meal prepared fresh.

The bathroom is a story in itself, a big tub, a shower area with rain and hand-held shower, toilet in one corner, bathroom sink on one side, cosmetic desk on the other side, super soft cotton towels, bath robes, every bathroom amenity.

The hotel is new, so there might me small hick ups here and there. For example, in my bathroom the 120 Volt power outlet was not working; an engineer came by and couldn't fix it, but brought me a huge transformer / converter. Later the reception called to change my room, but I was ok to stay. This is Thailand and you just need to take things with a smile, everyone will be here helping as much as they can. I will be back!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Dear HappyTraveller213,

Thank you for your feedback, as it is extremely useful for us to receive reviews from our guests.

I am glad you enjoyed your Suite acommodations, the views are truly spectacular and one of a kind. Thank you for your kind words regarding our staff, I will be sure to pass them along to our team.

I am sorry that you encountered difficulties with the power outlet in your bathroom during your stay. Fortunately, we have resolved the issue.

Thank you once again, and we look forward to welcoming you in the near future.

Best regards,

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2013

We left the Oriental Residence today after three nights and I was very sorry to go, this hotel is the best we've ever stayed in. The rooms are huge, super stylish and very well equipped - whoever designed them knew what they were doing. The whole place just has a super-luxe feel, and is such great value. The beds are super comfortable, the pool is amazing and the food, both room service and the buffet breakfast, was first class. I have to say though, all of the above aside, the best thing about the OR is the staff - they were just wonderful. Nothing was too much trouble and everyone was super friendly and full of smiles and games for our one year old son. They even arranged a local nurse to babysit our son for a few hours one night and she was excellent. Honestly, I would go back there in a heartbeat. Thanks for a great stay team!

Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Christy K
Dear Christy K,

I am delighted to hear of your recent stay with us. Anticipating our guests’ needs is part of the level of service we aim to deliver. I am extremely proud of our staff as well as our porduct and it makes my day when I receive enthusiastic feedback from our guests regarding the excellent level of service they received while staying with us.

We would love to welcome you to the Oriental Residence Bangkok on your next visit.

Muscat, Oman
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2013

Great service. Decent rooms and public facilities. Two restaurants that are pretty good. The location for my own taste is not where I'd like to be. Although the colonial furnishing works very well in the public areas, it was quite bland in our suite. Over all a good property for a longer stay in Bangkok.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Dear Buddakhan,

Thank you for your kind words. I am glad we met your expectations and that you appreciate the value of the service we provide.

We hope to see you again soon.

Sydney
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2013

Great experience from the moment the car picked us up at the airport - cold towels, refreshments, music selection and lovely driver transported us to the hotel. The hostess greeted us by name on arrival and whisked us to our room to check us in.

Rooms large and well appointed, pool area gorgeous and food of a high standard. Service exceptional all round.

Only complaint (if you could call it that) is that there is no spa onsite, but with many decent options within proximity this was not a problem. To be honest, I probably wouldn't have left the hotel if there was a spa onsite!

Location is relatively quiet & peaceful by Bangkok standards - close to all the embassies so very quiet on weekends in particular.

Great place, amazing staff - highly recommended. No1 ranking more than justified.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Paul S, Manager at Oriental Residence Bangkok, responded to this review, January 26, 2013
Dear Tanyth,

Thank you for your very generous comments! I am pleased that you had a pleasurable experience with us and that the team was able to make your stay so comfortable. We appreciate your kind recommendation and hope to welcome you back again soon!

Lahore, Pakistan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2013 via mobile

Everyone knows how great the rooms are but what appealed to me even more was how the staff were. Thailand is known for its hospitality but the staff at the oriental take this to a whole new level. Check in and checkout is done in less than 5 mins which is great when travelling with kids but the personal touch they offer by coming out right till your car too see you off is something which I have never seen before.
If you're in Thailand then oriental 2 bedroom suite is a must.

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank Sheharyar A
Dear Sheharyar A,

I am pleased to hear that our team was able to make your stay a memorable one. I appreciate you sharing your experience and look forward to welcoming you back to the Oriental Residence Bangkok.