“Lovely Hotel”

Ranked #8 of 863 Hotels in Bangkok
Winchester, United Kingdom
“Lovely Hotel”
Reviewed January 3, 2013

We had a wonderful three day stay on our was to Sydney. The hotel is beautifully furnished and everything that the other reviews say is true. Apart from the odd moan about breakfast, I thought it was very good, and it is not that far to the skytrain.

I have only one complaint, which may no longer even be an issue as a member of staff assisted us and so it may have now been resolved. We paid for a late check out as we had a late flight. We planned to spend the afternoon at the pool and had a late lunch there. We tried to return to our room in the lift but it will only take you to the bedroom floors by using a key card. Someone else entered the lift with us so the lift went to their floor. The doors closed and then did not move, we were shut in the lift with no lights. It only moved when someone called it to the lobby. We tried the next lift only to get shut in again. This time a member of staff was there and used her card to take us to our room. She explained the key card stopped working at check out time. It seemed the key did not know our check out was at 6pm!

Overall our stay was lovely and was not disappointed we booked this hotel, even being stuck in the lift has now made for a funny tale to tell our friends.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Paul S, Manager at Oriental Residence Bangkok, responded to this review, January 5, 2013
Dear Leonalovesluxury,

Thank you for sharing your detailed feedback about the Oriental Residence Bangkok. I am happy to hear that we exceeded your expectations and that you enjoyed your time with us. I appreciate your feedback on our key card system and breakfast as well. Please let me know if I can be of assistance with any future arrangements. We look forward to welcoming you back again!

All the best,

Executive Assistant Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (446)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Vietnamese first
Paris, France
Reviewed January 3, 2013

Was a bit surprised by all the excellent reviews in TripAdvisor so I was expecting some disappointment.
Everything was simply perfect!
Beautiful swimming pool. Perfect service. View was fantastic.
I would highly recommend it.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Paul S, Manager at Oriental Residence Bangkok, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
Dear dude75010,

I am so pleased to hear that you truly enjoyed your stay. I will be certain to share your thoughts with my team.

We very much look forward to welcoming you back to the Oriental Residence Bangkok upon your next visit to the city.

san diego
Reviewed January 2, 2013

We stayed here for 2 nights to begin our honeymoon and we were extremely happy with our choice!! The hotel itself is beautiful... everything looks brand new and perfectly kept. The pool area is fantastic with awesome views of the surrounding skyscrapers. Our room was huge, especially the bathroom which was enormous. The staff were also extremely friendly and professional, including making dinner reservations for us and negotiating taxi fares on our behalf. Simply cannot be happier with the Oriental Residence... in an otherwise hot and bustling city, this hotel was like an oasis.

1 Thank frankviz81
Dear frankviz81,

I am very proud to be part of a team creating memorable experiences such as your own and I look forward to sharing your comments with them. We hope to welcome you back again in December to celebrate your 1st anniversary, if not sooner!

Boulder, Colorado
Reviewed January 2, 2013

This is a really fine hotel, very new, and probably underpriced. It is located adjacent to the US Embassy in a very nice section of the city. Our suite was very large and comfortable. The room was so pleasant that we ordered breakfast in on two of the three days we were there. Breakfast in the room or the dining area was very good. The hotel is a bit hidden and easy to miss because it is set back a little from the road. We would definitely return.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Boulder-USA,

I must thank you for your kind words regarding our staff. Hiring the right team is a priority of mine, and it pleases me to know our guests feel this when they stay with us.

We are humbled by your review and look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Palo Alto, California
Reviewed January 2, 2013

We stayed in a two-bedroom suite for 4 nights and were thoroughly pleased. The room, really more of an apartment, was beautiful and spacious. Everything was truly immaculate and we enjoyed great views of the city from the 19th floor. The beds were comfortable and the bathrooms were flawless, but it was the little extra touches that really set it apart. From the huge basket of local fruits upon arrival to the in room washer-dryer machine with free detergent, it was clear they really go above and beyond to give each guest a perfect stay.
Service was extremely polite and helpful. The location was very pleasant, definitely not right in the middle of the action, but instead in a calm and quiet neighborhood near the embassies. The skytrain station was less than a 10 minute walk away as are a number of good food options and malls. Taxis are really cheap in Bangkok so we had no problem getting where we wanted and I think it was worth it to stay in the more laid back part of town.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank lucygertrudis
Paul S, Manager at Oriental Residence Bangkok, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
Dear lucygertrudis,

I am happy that we provided a comfortable and welcoming environment at the end of your days. I enjoy the fact that your review highlights all of the qualities we are proud of at the Oriental Residence Bangkok, from the personal touches brought by our attentive staff to the physical aspects of the property. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

svizzera
Reviewed January 2, 2013

Not much more to add to all the other reviews.
Hotel is remarkable in all respects. Interiors, rooms, services, swimming pools (approx 25m), food and atmosphere are of high level. For sure one of the best hotel I have been in the region. And compared to similar class hotel, it has very competitive room rates. It worth a visit if in Bangkok.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank mbors
Dear mbors,

Thank you for your thoughtful comments. I am very proud of the hotel design and all our amenities, but what makes me happiest is hearing your great comments about interaction with my staff. I look forward to sharing with my team!

We very much look forward to having you here again!

Vienna, VA
Reviewed January 1, 2013

I was fortunate to stay at the Oriental Residence for 5 weeks. I was impressed by the service, professionalism and all around helpfulness. The staff was very accommodating and pleasant. It felt like home. The young men opening the front door always made me feel welcomed; the reception staff was always helpful ad pleasant and the restaurant staff was ideal. I definitely recommend this hotel for adults as well as trafeling with children. I had a room with a washer/dryer and kitchen. It was so convenient.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Theresa C
Dear Theresa C,

Thank you for sharing your kind review. I am thrilled that our entire team was able to exceed your expectations every day during your 5 weeks with us. I will be sure to share your wonderful comments with them. We look forward to welcoming you back next time you are back in Bangkok and hopefully next time you can bring your family along! Have a happy and healthy 2013!