“Excellent service, well worth a try!”

Oriental Residence Bangkok
Ranked #7 of 852 Hotels in Bangkok
Scotland, UK
“Excellent service, well worth a try!”
Reviewed December 18, 2012

My package included chauffeur pick up at the airport, a stunning Jaguar Limo was a welcome sight at midnight, nice & cool, bottled water in the car.. it was really nice.

We had a 1 bedroom suite, it was excellent, beautifully furnished & a lovely big bathroom.

Staff are so polite & respectful (as Thai people are in general), but the service here was exceptional.

We were checked in, in our room, so the receptionist could show us everything in the room.

Being serviced apartments, you have the best of everything. (even down to a Pillow menu!)

One note of caution, a lot of taxi drivers don't seem to know where the Oriental Residence is (this is the taxi drivers problem tbh)..Probably the closest landmark they would know is the US Embassy.

A big thumbs up from me for this place!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Paul S, Manager at Oriental Residence Bangkok, responded to this review, December 20, 2012
Dear LittleBoyBlue,

I am so glad to hear you had such a wonderful stay here at the Oriental Residence Bangkok. This is exactly the kind of experience that we work diligently to provide each and every day. Thank you for taking the time to write. We hope to welcome you back again soon! Best wishes for a healthy and happy 2013.

Executive Assistant Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (430)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Vietnamese first
Singapore
Reviewed December 18, 2012

After a 2-year hiatus from Bangkok, the wife decided that we should bring our 1-year-old back to the city where we spent the majority of our annual vacation breaks. The experience has been both personal and professional from the get-go. We reached the ORB this afternoon, exhausted after a delayed flight and a trying cab ride to the residence because of the traffic on Wireless Road. The unpleasant feelings almost all dissapitated once we alighted from the cab. The usher at the door grabbed my luggage immediately and gave a very sincere welcome. The check-in was simply an absolutely joy. One staff member attended to me with the administration, while another approached my wife and baby girl with the cutest ORB teddy bear (I'm sleeping with it tonight!), and she was practically on the floor playing with my girl. It was also the first time she was giggling since we touched down. What really impressed me was the authenticity that the staff members had in their contact with us, and they came across as genuine and obliging. We were escorted to our room and were pleasantly pleased with the view of the US embassy. We bought our baby food supplies to cook dinner for our little one and decided to order room service for ourselves. The supermarket is right across the road and the food served from the RS was pretty good. I'm lying on the bed as I'm writing this, and I'm not so sure how I'm going to want to leave the bed in the morning. ORB will give you a choice of your pillows but the bedding is just marvelous. The wife and I are just talking about coming back here at least once every year, for self care and rejuvenation. Looking forward to the next 2 nights of restful stay in this very impressive service-apartment residence.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Bruinsean
Paul S, Manager at Oriental Residence Bangkok, responded to this review, December 19, 2012
Dear Bruinsean,

I am absolutely thrilled to read your review! This is exactly the experience that we are delighted to offer to our guests. Thank you for taking the time to share the details of your stay with us, especially for highlighting the specific amenities and staff that made your time with your family here as special as it was. Enjoy the rest of your stay and we very much look forward to welcoming you back home again soon. Best wishes for a happy and healthy 2013!

Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand
Reviewed December 17, 2012

I stayed with my son aged 14 for one night and then by myself for another two nights....the hotel is perfect in every way ..the staff were attentive that I was travelling by myself and went out of their way to make me feel at home...in a five star resort that is!! everything has been said about this hotel and it's all true ..go!,you will not be disappointed....a minor housekeeping mixup resulted in the situation being rectified and put right immediately....I was touched by their kindness...would live to go back one day...

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear Natalee S,

Thank you for the kind review and the positive feedback. I am delighted that you and your son had such a marvelous stay with us. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back very soon!

Thank you again, and best wishes for a happy and healthy holiday season!

Kiev, Ukraine
Reviewed December 17, 2012

Nice hotel with superb comfertble rooms star facility really liked the food very much
Wifi was superb best place to live in bangkok!! Nice pool evertything was very fine! Love to stay all the time!! Staff was superb!!no negative comments about this beautiful hotel will visit soon

• Stayed December 2012
Paul S, Manager at Oriental Residence Bangkok, responded to this review, December 17, 2012
Dear shaznyrock,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review! I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your time with us. Happy New Year, we hope to welcome you back again very soon!

All the best,

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 1,771 helpful votes
Reviewed December 16, 2012

Stayed here for 10 days to celebrate our wedding anniversary. We made the right choice to stay here. Check-in was fast and we were being ushered to our love nest in less than 5 minutes of arrival. They have prepared a slice of cake wishing our anniversary. And also a handwritten note by Mr Paul Siriroj, the Manager of Oriental Residence. How thoughtful and intimate of them.
We were being upgraded to the best 1 corner bedroom suite and have both the views of the city and the park.
Room is equipped with a functional kitchen (cooking stove, microwave, pots and pans, fork and spoon, plates, bowls, coffee presser, water boiler, etc), dining table and chairs. Daily 2 bottles of complimentary mineral water, lavazza coffee ground, TWG teas, and Bangkok daily newspaper. Also a spacious living room for lounging with a great view during sunrise and sunset.
Washroom is attached with a bath tub and walk in shower. Complete with all the bathroom amenities and a superb powerful hairdryer!
Room is spacious enough without compromising the romantic atmosphere. And ironing facility is kept in the wardrobe, therefore, you don't have to worry the housekeeping will take it away and make you request for another one each time. There is a pillow menu, which we did order, and the pillows remained there throughout our stay. Bed was soft and comfortable. Rest assured that you can sleep soundly as the windows are sound-proofed.
There is also turndown service each night. Kudos to the housekeeping department as they did a great job in keeping the room clean and tidy. And they do their job quick and thorough. Not even a 5 star hotel can keep up with that level of cleanliness.
Concierge was extremely helpful with the booking of tour and Siam Niramit show. They do send a confirmation of booking to our room, making us rest assured everything is properly taken care of. To get a taxi to anywhere just let them know and they will get a taxi for you immediately, telling the taxi driver in Thai language where to go, and the concierge will also give you a piece a paper written down the taxi number in case you have left something in the car. That small piece of paper contains Oriental Residence's address in Thai language, which is extremely useful when you are getting a taxi from anywhere else, especially at shopping mall, where they have a porter at each shopping mall to help you get a taxi. So my advice is keep the small paper when the concierge of the hotel gave you that (without fail). They also make sure that the taxi is using meter. So no bargaining is necessary. In these 10 days of stay I did not use the shuttle provided by the hotel to the nearest BTS station, hence no comments on that. Taxi rate is very cheap in Bangkok.
There are 2 restaurants there; Mandopop and Café Claire. We did not try Mandopop throughout our stay, so no comments on that. However, Café Claire was divine. For breakfast, as we are Muslims, we took the ala carte, basically ordered things without ham or chicken. You can opt for buffet breakfast for THB650 per person. No review on that as we both took the ala carte. One thing for sure, their croissant was the star of the show. As for dinner, their oriental menu is a must try for anyone who loves thai food. We tried almost basically everything that consists of fish or seafood. Padthai, to me, is their best, as I almost had it every night if possible. As for western, their fish and chips was the best. I can't say for other dishes that consist of meat as it was non-halal, therefore, we as muslims didn't take it. It should be good judging the looks of it when they came out from the kitchen.
There is a 24 hour gym, with a indoor swimming pool, and a game room. Go there during the morning to enjoy the view of sunrise. We loved it.
This is the first hotel without any negative point I can think of. Anything not right or insufficient, just give the butler a call and everything will be done according to your wants and needs, all under 5 minutes. Every staff in the hotel, in the kitchen, should deserve a well praise for them. They did a great job in making us feel so special during the 10 days stay. We almost considered buying a 2 room suite apartment in Oriental Residence. Imagine!!

Room Tip: Keep the small card that concierge gives you upon leaving the hotel as there is a Thai-written addre...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
15 Thank Danish H
Dear Danish H,

First and foremost, congratulations once again on your recent wedding! We are delighted to have had the opportunity to share in such a wonderful and festive occasion. We very much appreciate your positive feedback, which has of course been shared with our team, especially with housekeeping team, concierge team and Café Claire team. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you and your wife back very soon. Best wishes for a happy and healthy 2013!

India
Reviewed December 15, 2012

I stayed in this hotel from 9th to the 12th of December 2012. The property itself is very beautiful and the rooms are much more beautiful. We booked a one bedroom suite and being in the corner, we got not only the city view but a great park view as well. We were travelling with our one year old child and had requested for a cot. When we checked in, a beautiful white cot with a crib bumper was ready in our room. Its very near to the malls as well. But its relatively lesser known by the taxi people, though i hope that will change soon. Also, their buffet breakfast isnt very big and they didnt have a spa. But the staff was very courteous and always happy to help. They pay attention to every little detail- like the slippers were very comfy, the shower knob was on the side instead of below the shower. I can go on forever, but you have to stay here to experience it yourself and BEFORE IT GETS EXPENSIVE!!! AND BELIEVE ME IT WILL. Its a bargain in the prices it is being offered right now.(i have given 4 stars to the location because of taxi people who are really a menace, if u travel by BTS, the hotel has a shuttle every half an hour).

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear indiavagabond,

Thank you so very much for taking the time to describe with such detail your wonderful experience at our hotel. Your review perfectly describes the experience that we take pride in delivering to our guests. I am most appreciative and very much look forward to welcoming you back very soon!

Best wishes for a happy and healthy 2013!

Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed December 14, 2012

Stayed at Oriental Residence Bangkok back in September with my mother. We got a One Bedroom Suite for a weekend staycation. First entering the hotel, the lobby was grand with a lot of light, and high ceiling. The front office staffs were very attentive and courteous. Check in was no problem. We were guided to our suite and were introduced where the necessities could be found

The room is spacious, and tastefully decorated. The hardware are of good quality, definitely not the five-star-wannabe. :) The living area and bedroom are of good size with extremely spacious bathroom, that can fit another extra bed in there! I love the separate bath and shower, as well as the amenities provided in the bathroom.

With the kitchenette in the room, we decided to make an easy meal the one evening. We had everything we wanted, a pot, a pan, dishes of various sizes and cutlery. Everything was cleaned and put back in the cupboard the next day. The complimentary coffee and tea provided were also of excellent quality and taste.

The food and afternoon snack at Cafe Claire are also excellent. My favourite are Ceasar Salad, Snow fish with miso glazed and Chocolate tea. Even if you are not staying at the hotel, I'd still highly recommend you to try.

The location is quite convenient, only 5 mins walk to Ploenchit BTS station. There is an office complex right across from the hotel with Starbucks and a few restaurants, as well as TOPS supermarket. There's also a small 7-Eleven just right across the street. There are also quite a few restaurants and massage places in Soi Ruamruedee, which is a short walk from the hotel. Taxi is easy to get and the apart from the usual rush hours, the area is quite and safe (Embassy Row).

I'd go back again and highly recommend the hotel and its restaurant.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank breakofdawning
Paul S, Manager at Oriental Residence Bangkok, responded to this review, December 14, 2012
Dear breakofdawning,

Thank you for sharing your kind review. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed our facilities and service. I will make sure to share your kind comments with our team especially with our chefs. They will be delighted to hear your wonderful comments about the cuisine at Café Claire. We look forward to welcoming you and your mother back for another memorable stay.