“A brand new English style hotel”

Oriental Residence Bangkok
Ranked #8 of 861 Hotels in Bangkok
Hong Kong, China
“A brand new English style hotel”
Reviewed November 21, 2012

We spent 3-day-2-night in this hotel as part of our anniversary celebration trip. It is a very English style hotel and from the moment you step inside, its elegance makes you feel honourable being its guests.

The staff are well trained and attentive to your needs. They offered excellent services, trying to cater and care for our needs and questions. The front office staff helped us call the taxi, talk to the driver and request "by meter" for us (even though we didn't ask for!) They truly understand our concerns and well thought before we request for. Also, we asked for a late check out as our flight is at late afternoon, by email. They quickly responded and offered what we want.

The room is very comfortable - cozy and roomy, with everything you need. We feel very surprised to have a big mango and some sweet rice dumplings (desserts) when we entered the room! This little treat is so sweet. We did choose pillows from the pillow menu. They are just what we want and make us feel like home!

Just that we can't fix the position of the shower. It kept falling down. Another defect is that there is not enough staff in Cafe Claire on the first day we had breakfast. The lady looks very busy and we were left standing at the reception for quite awhile without any person directing us to a table. Anyway, they serve nice meals and time is not of essence for us as tourists. So, it did not spoil our mood and fun.

Though its location is not very convenient for shopping, at least 10 minutes walk from the nearest BTS station, they do offer shuttle bus service. Yet, as it is surrounded by embassy, the area makes you feel peaceful and at ease.

1 Thank sum0104
Paul S, Manager at Oriental Residence Bangkok, responded to this review, November 21, 2012
Dear sum0104,

I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and chose to celebrate your anniversary with us! The hotel is often regarded as a great destination for special occasions and we always do our best to honor our guests’ celebrations.

Thank you for sharing your comments about Cafe Claire. I am sorry to hear that parts of your stay were less than perfect. We pride ourselves on our level of service, which many reviewers can attest to. I will certainly share your comments with Café Claire team and I will follow-up with the team on this.

We greatly appreciate your confidence in us and are delighted that you had such a great time. We hope to see you again on many more happy occasions.

Executive Assistant Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (445)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Vietnamese first
Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed November 20, 2012

I˙m staying at this hotel right now. We arrived on Saturday and already we know it will be very difficult to leave this place in a few days. This hotel is one of the best I've stayed at and then I have stayed in several hotels of the highest caliber including Mandarin Oriental. My husband and I felt welcome and at home from the first moment we arrived. In our room we were greeted with a traditional Thai dessert (complimentary) and on the occasion of our anniversary day, they brought us a delicious chocolate cake in our honor. So cute! The staff goes beyond expectations, everyone from the cleaners to porters are incredibly accommodating and friendly, without being too intense. And the butler service is excellent, every evening when we get home after a dinner out the room is spotless set up with new towels and new "quotes of the day" on the bed. I love the layout of the one bedroom city view which boasts a balcony with a magnificent view over Bangkok's skyline. The interior and design is gorgeous, the colors and the furniture beautiful with a sleek modern classic touch. There is a TV and dvd in both the bedroom and the living room. The bathroom is huge with a rainshower and a bathtub, the bathroom amenities are super and I love the dressing table. The kitchen area is perfect for reading the newspaper in the morning or if you feel like dining in the room. We have so far had dinner three times at the Mandopop next door and on the second time they greeted us with our names. I haven't had the time to pop into the pool yet, but I've used the gym twice and it's just so great and high tech! There is also a playroom on the same floor with table tennis and table soccer.

I just can't praise the Oriental Residence enough, you really have to trust me and stay here. The area feels safe and is very quiet which we really appreciate. And not to forget, the pillow menu is awesome and the beds are very very comfy, not very common when in Thailand. We will return for sure!

Dear ElsaGirl,

I am thrilled that you chose the Oriental Residence Bangkok to celebrate your anniversary and I’m honored that we were able to contribute to a lasting memory for such a special occasion. I am extremely proud of my team and it makes my day when I receive enthusiastic feedback from our guests regarding the excellent level of service they received while staying with us. Also, I am very happy that our service is comparable to your best experiences. It is a top priority of mine to deliver the best in class. I look forward to sharing your comments with my team!

Best wishes to you both and we’d love to welcome you back next November to celebrate another anniversary with us.

Salt Lake City, Utah, United States
Reviewed November 19, 2012

My parents and I stayed at this property for four days in November. We rented a two bedroom suite and it was everything we could have hoped for and more. The property itself is extremely luxurious and we loved every minute of it. The staff is also very accommodating and provided advice as well as arranged transportation for our group (we were 5 persons total) at all hours of the day and night. The hotel has a good location in the heart of the business district and the elevated train is easily accessible at the end of the block (where the hotel provides a free shuttle every 15 minutes). Overall a lovely experience. Highly recommend this property.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Libby801
Paul S, Manager at Oriental Residence Bangkok, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Dear Libby801,

Thank you very much. You have given us quite the compliment and we appreciate it! I will share your comments with the team and I am sure they will be most pleased. We look forward to welcoming you again.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed November 18, 2012 via mobile

Where do i start ? The best apartments to stay in and the its just like a hotel as the room and pool bar service are the best !
The staff from check in to the cleaners to the porters were all well may i say ten out of ten !!!!
The booking of one of the 2 jaguars ( parked out the front) was well worth it to for a trip to the sky bar and driver Tyson could not have been more helpfull and courtious !
We would highly recommend the oriental residences tn any one staying in bangkok!
Thanks

• Stayed November 2012
Paul S, Manager at Oriental Residence Bangkok, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Dear stephen b,

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for the kind compliments about the team and the amenities. I am sure our driver Tyson will be very happy when I share your comments with him. We look forward to seeing you again!

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed November 18, 2012

Stayed 4 days in Hotel Oriental Residence. Would rather rate this hotel as six star. So many small details covered: Our baby was pampered with a teddy bear and luxury babyoils & shampoo and the doorman accompanied us from entrance to the elevator. Very impressed, stunning place.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank oliepiet
Dear oliepiet,

I am delighted to hear of your recent stay with us. As a child friendly hotel, we do cater to our tinier guests and I am so pleased to hear that my staff helped to make your families stay special. Anticipating our guests’ needs is part of the level of service we aim to deliver.

Thank you once again for your comments and we look forward to welcoming you in the future.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed November 18, 2012

Probably one of the finest hotels I've ever stayed in during my travels to South East Asia. The hotel is beautiful with a french chicness, the decor is tastefully decorated in a modest way, which will take you away you another place, that it might be hard to leave your hotel room.

Rooms are large, clean and stocked with amenities. Bathrooms are ..huge. Like excessively big but there's no complaints there. WIFI in rooms are strong and technology provided such as iPhone recharge docks, iPhone TV connection cables are all nice touches.

Location is in a hotel district but cabs into busier areas will cost around 50- 60 baht. There's local food stalls across the hotel, but there's more restaurants than local food stalls. Take a train out as it is faster during peak times.

We were amazed by the quality and genuineness of the service, from the staff in Cafe Claire to reception and the concierge, their knowledge of what we wanted was superior to what we had experienced at similar caliber hotels in Thailand. When we wanted local food, their suggestions were spot on.

Shout out to James and Nat for your stellar service, it puts a smile on my face how you made a difference to our stay.

Visited in November 2011

Highly recommeded

1 Thank Bakeitfresh
Dear Bakeitfresh,

Thank you for the wonderful feedback. I am very pleased to learn that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay and that you regard the Oriental Residence Bangkok to be one of the finest hotels you ever stayed in Southeast Asia!

Also, thank you for your kind words regarding our staff. I will certainly let James and Nat know of your gratitude as well as the rest of our team encountered during your time with us.

I look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in Bangkok.

Reviewed November 17, 2012

This is the first ever review that I am posting about any establishment. I was so pleased with the care, attention and quality of Oriental Residences that I felt that this was the least that I could do to congratulate the staff and management on a job well done. I stopped over at BKK for a mere 18 hrs on my way from Australia and had very little time to spend. Tired after about 10 hrs of travel, I reached OR where I was greeted very warmly by the receptionist who made me take a seat and ensured I was comfortable. My luggage and checkin was all taken care of in about a minute or two. Her friendly demeanour and attitude made me feel very welcome. She also helped by providing me some useful info about getting around and made sure that my taxi and wake up, etc was all arranged for the next day to take all the stress off me. As I was ushered to my room I was advised that I had received an upgrade and was taken into a well appointed, classy and absolutely immaculate room with a great view and an enormous bathroom. I was provided with complimentary wifi and advise of the facilities. At all times the staff were so nice and a pleasure to talk to.
Later I made use of the excellent free shuttle service to the closest BTS station. One thing I feel that could also be offered is that the shuttle could at times also offer rides to Siam sq.
I had an amazing sleep and was very warmly waken up as requested and had a really healthy, tasty and well presented breakfast in my room at 4:30am.the checkout was as smooth as expected and the ladies at the reception were so warm and charming even at such an early hour. My luggage was loaded in the meter taxi and I was advised of any additional tolls etc which is something that is really helpful to short term tourists like me. I was so pleased with my experience at oriental residences that my next trip will have to be here and will recommend this place to as many people as I can. All said and done, an absolute 5 star experience with the warmth that you can only expect at home. All the best OR keep up the great work. I will be back.

N Singh
Visit date 8 Nov 2012.

• Stayed November 2012
Dear NSingh20,

I am delighted to hear of your recent stay with us. It pleases me to hear gracious feedback regarding our staff. Hiring excellent associates is something I am very proud of and it pleases me to know that our guests feel this level of service the minute they walk through our doors. I will certainly share these comments with my team. Thank you once again for your comments and we look forward to welcoming you for a longer stay next time!