“What a gem!”

Ranked #8 of 863 Hotels in Bangkok
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“What a gem!”
Reviewed November 18, 2012

Stayed 4 days in Hotel Oriental Residence. Would rather rate this hotel as six star. So many small details covered: Our baby was pampered with a teddy bear and luxury babyoils & shampoo and the doorman accompanied us from entrance to the elevator. Very impressed, stunning place.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank oliepiet
Paul S, Manager at Oriental Residence Bangkok, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Dear oliepiet,

I am delighted to hear of your recent stay with us. As a child friendly hotel, we do cater to our tinier guests and I am so pleased to hear that my staff helped to make your families stay special. Anticipating our guests’ needs is part of the level of service we aim to deliver.

Thank you once again for your comments and we look forward to welcoming you in the future.

Executive Assistant Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (446)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Vietnamese first
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed November 18, 2012

Probably one of the finest hotels I've ever stayed in during my travels to South East Asia. The hotel is beautiful with a french chicness, the decor is tastefully decorated in a modest way, which will take you away you another place, that it might be hard to leave your hotel room.

Rooms are large, clean and stocked with amenities. Bathrooms are ..huge. Like excessively big but there's no complaints there. WIFI in rooms are strong and technology provided such as iPhone recharge docks, iPhone TV connection cables are all nice touches.

Location is in a hotel district but cabs into busier areas will cost around 50- 60 baht. There's local food stalls across the hotel, but there's more restaurants than local food stalls. Take a train out as it is faster during peak times.

We were amazed by the quality and genuineness of the service, from the staff in Cafe Claire to reception and the concierge, their knowledge of what we wanted was superior to what we had experienced at similar caliber hotels in Thailand. When we wanted local food, their suggestions were spot on.

Shout out to James and Nat for your stellar service, it puts a smile on my face how you made a difference to our stay.

Visited in November 2011

Highly recommeded

1 Thank Bakeitfresh
Dear Bakeitfresh,

Thank you for the wonderful feedback. I am very pleased to learn that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay and that you regard the Oriental Residence Bangkok to be one of the finest hotels you ever stayed in Southeast Asia!

Also, thank you for your kind words regarding our staff. I will certainly let James and Nat know of your gratitude as well as the rest of our team encountered during your time with us.

I look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in Bangkok.

Reviewed November 17, 2012

This is the first ever review that I am posting about any establishment. I was so pleased with the care, attention and quality of Oriental Residences that I felt that this was the least that I could do to congratulate the staff and management on a job well done. I stopped over at BKK for a mere 18 hrs on my way from Australia and had very little time to spend. Tired after about 10 hrs of travel, I reached OR where I was greeted very warmly by the receptionist who made me take a seat and ensured I was comfortable. My luggage and checkin was all taken care of in about a minute or two. Her friendly demeanour and attitude made me feel very welcome. She also helped by providing me some useful info about getting around and made sure that my taxi and wake up, etc was all arranged for the next day to take all the stress off me. As I was ushered to my room I was advised that I had received an upgrade and was taken into a well appointed, classy and absolutely immaculate room with a great view and an enormous bathroom. I was provided with complimentary wifi and advise of the facilities. At all times the staff were so nice and a pleasure to talk to.
Later I made use of the excellent free shuttle service to the closest BTS station. One thing I feel that could also be offered is that the shuttle could at times also offer rides to Siam sq.
I had an amazing sleep and was very warmly waken up as requested and had a really healthy, tasty and well presented breakfast in my room at 4:30am.the checkout was as smooth as expected and the ladies at the reception were so warm and charming even at such an early hour. My luggage was loaded in the meter taxi and I was advised of any additional tolls etc which is something that is really helpful to short term tourists like me. I was so pleased with my experience at oriental residences that my next trip will have to be here and will recommend this place to as many people as I can. All said and done, an absolute 5 star experience with the warmth that you can only expect at home. All the best OR keep up the great work. I will be back.

N Singh
Visit date 8 Nov 2012.

• Stayed November 2012
Dear NSingh20,

I am delighted to hear of your recent stay with us. It pleases me to hear gracious feedback regarding our staff. Hiring excellent associates is something I am very proud of and it pleases me to know that our guests feel this level of service the minute they walk through our doors. I will certainly share these comments with my team. Thank you once again for your comments and we look forward to welcoming you for a longer stay next time!

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 17, 2012

We're not usually people that write reviews, but feel this hotel deserves it. We stayed here in an Exec Deluxe room for 2 nights after a visit to Thailand's beaches and it was a fantastic way to complete our trip. The welcome upon arrival made us feel like VIPs after a humid short walk from the SkyTrain station; presented with cold face flannels, ice cold water and a speedy yet friendly check-in. The room on the 11th floor was beyond our expectations; amazing bathroom and huge bed. All in all we cannot fault anything and would therefore highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Our Exec Deluxe room on the 11th floor had amazing views. We booked direct on the website and it was...
1 Thank SophieJames_12
Paul S, Manager at Oriental Residence Bangkok, responded to this review, November 18, 2012
Dear SophieJames_12,

Thank you for the rave reviews! We are very proud of our product as well as our staff and I am glad your experience highlighted the best of both.

We look forward to seeing you back at the Oriental Residence Bangkok again.

hong kong
Reviewed November 17, 2012

The hotel is next to US embassy and right across from CRC tower on the Wireless Road. A new location and easy access to BST train. Room is equipped with kitchen and nice bath however swimming pool is rather small and shallow (4ft) and there is no sauna and steam facility.

The locker room for female only has one shower facilty and no locker provided. The locker room is so small and you would think this is for private apartment rather than for a hotel set-up.
Only one restaurant on the 1st floor. So, if one has to pay regular tariff, I would rather stay at Four Seasons, Sukothai or Mandarian Oriental for better comfort!! Choose a room facing the park, the greenery is a treat in Bangkok.

Room Tip: Room facing the park to get the greenery view...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank lavoyageuse66
Dear zoeyhk,

Thank you for your feedback as this is important information for us to evaluate. I am glad you enjoyed your stay despite certain hiccups.

For your reference, we do have two restaurants: Café Claire, the ground-floor brasserie and Mandopop our modern Chinese Restaurant. It is located across from lobby entrance.

Please be assured that we are addressing the areas that you mentioned and look forward to welcoming you in the future.

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed November 17, 2012

Stayed 2 nights in an executive deluxe suite for a 3-day weekend in Bangkok. Thoroughly enjoyed our stay, and wish we could have been longer to enjoy both the city and the room!

Location easier to get to than it seems. When arriving at the airport, go to the official Bangkok tourism stall (over to the right, and completely devoid of visitors) and ask for the hotel name and address to be written to give to the taxi drivers (cheapest option). Alternatively, the hotel limousines seem quite nice and would certainly make for a grand entrance.

Welcomed warmly by the girls at the front counter - they should be applauded for their professionalism in seamlessly checking us in and going up to show us to our room, and making sure we were happy and settled.

Bellboys/butler service promptly brought up our bags, and provided some tips on getting around and organising our itinerary for the next 3 days. Although well-meaning-ed, English was slightly lacking and it was a good hour before we figured out what the best way to get to Chinatown was, and by the time we had freshened up and gone out it was too late to go anyway haha! This is also slightly a problem with the concierge when we were trying to book tours and the like. Although eventually booking and having a fantastic time, I felt there would have been cheaper and more "official" options (i.e. receipts, tour guides, etc.) had we organised these back home.

The rooms are well-appointed, unique and classy. Large soft bedding, spacious bathroom, deep bathtub, warm water, soft towels and slippers, luxurious... Room turn-down service welcome - although they were still cleaning when we returned one afternoon, it was unobtrusive and they quickly finished.

The website photos are an excellent example of the furnishings. Old-world charm with modern facilities, certainly a nice getaway from the heat and hustle and bustle of the city. The pool was well-kept and there is a games room as well with table tennis, darts, and foosball (largely unused when while we were there).

Greeted on return to our room by a delicious mango and sticky rice dessert on our first night - mangoes perfectly sweet and tart. Room service breakfast also delicious, warm, and served at the requested time.

We paid for our rooms through a travel agent, and as this establishment is quite new, there seems to be quite a few specials - fantastic deals. In any case, highly recommended, and if we are back in Bangkok, we will certainly be choosing the Oriental Residence.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Paul S, Manager at Oriental Residence Bangkok, responded to this review, November 17, 2012
Dear DrBK,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Oriental Residence Bangkok and for taking the time to post a detailed review of your recent stay.

I am very pleased to read your appraisal of our team, services and facilities and I know my colleagues will be equally pleased to learn of your kind remarks and recognition of their efforts to meet your needs.

We certainly look forward to welcoming you back to the Oriental Residence Bangkok in the future.

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed November 17, 2012

I am very remiss in not reviewing this gorgeous hotel earlier as I stayed in August. However, better late than never - actually it shows that my stay has lingered in my memory, which can't be a bad thing. I stayed in a one-bedroom room and it had everything I needed for my short two night stay, and more. The little extras made it feel like home rather than a hotel room and I could not fault the friendly, competent service I received throughout the hotel. The breakfast is different in that there is a small buffet and you order freshly made items from the menu. Unfortunately I ran out of time for a swim but the pool looked very inviting. I am fussy with pillows so it was a dream come true to try out a couple of the pillows available from the extensive pillow menu. The bed was comfortable and it was great to have a comfortable sofa to sit on as well. Often hotels provide a hard chair but this hotel had a big and extremely comfortable to sink into after a hard day out shopping! It was handy to be able to cook if I wanted and to have a full size fridge was amazing. The upmarket snacks, tea, coffee etc was a nice touch. The room was airy and bright and the bathroom was huge. Everything was decorated with high quality furnishings and decor. Thank you for making my stay special and I will definitely be back!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Dear KiwiThaiger,

I enjoy the fact that your review highlights all of the qualities we are proud of at the Oriental Residence Bangkok, from the personal touches brought by our attentive staff to the physical aspects of the property. I am thrilled to learn that your stay was delightful, and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.