3,123 results
All reviewscafe clairewireless roadamerican embassyone bedroom suitepark viewpillow menuembassy areamacaroonscentral embassybeautiful hoteldining tablewasher dryerlumpini parkour honeymoonhuge bathroomhome away from homeserviced apartment
Reviewed August 29, 2012

We was in this hotel for just a couple of days. The suite was verry nice, clean and with all the things that you are looking for into a home. There was even a hole kitchen, when you can make your own food. Near the hotel there was a verry nice chinese restaurant perfect for a romantic dinner.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Patrick S, General Manager at Oriental Residence Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2012

Dear DanielPapaHoria

Thank you for posting a positive comment on tripadvisor and for highlighting our kitchenette that we have in all our 145 suites. It gives our guest more flexibility to either request a chef to cook in the room for them or for the guest to prepare meals themselves. We also offer Shopping butler services where we can arrange all groceries to be delivered directly to your suite.

I do hope that we will be able to welcome you back soonest.

Kind regards

Reviewed August 29, 2012

Very chic hotel, entering the doors and you feel as if you have been whisked away to an elegant Paris establishment. The one bedroom units are self-contained, with a basic kitchenette.

Located in a leafy area, bordered by the American and Dutch embassies, next door to All Seasons Place and near Silom Business District.

Service is very personalized, and staff will politely inquire if you need assistance, able to manage the fine line between privacy when browsing and inquiring when you need help but are just about to ask.

Only one cafe in the hotel. Very quaint bistro, with delicious cakes and a wide array of teas.

Good location, 15 minute walk from Ploenchit BTS station and Lumphini Park. Hotel provides small jogging maps in the morning. The fitness centre is small, but well equipped with good views of the Dutch Embassy grounds.

Room Tip: Corner units, facing All Seasons Place and American Embassy grounds.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Jason A
Patrick S, General Manager at Oriental Residence Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2012

Dear Jason A

Thank you for your post on tripadvisor and for highlighting our personalised service at the Oriental Residence. The location of our property is in the heart of Bangkok and I am glad that you mentioned our ideal location. In addition, with our complimentary Alphard shuttle service around Langsuan and Wireless road it is very convenient for our guest to access shopping malls, hospitals and other important destination to visit during a business or leisure visit to Bangkok.

I do look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Best regards

Reviewed August 28, 2012

We visit Thailand almost annually and have travelled a lot elsewhere too. This is by far the best hotel/serviced residence we have ever experienced. The decor is modern and very soothing, the ameneties are luxurious and the staff outstanding. The property is well located and is surprisingly quiet considering the hustle and bustle of Wireless Road. The complimentary shuttle to the BTS is a real plus although it is a short walk, but with a small child in tow, we used this often. The only negative was Cafe Claire - we found the staff unhelpful and they seemed to run out of things everyday at breakfast time. However we changed our package to one without breakfast and gave the place a miss. Its pretty average but you seem to feel it more as the rest of the property and serivce is so extraordinary. With so much going for the place, this was just a small blip.
We ended up cutting short our stay in Hua Hin and returning to ORB as our son was so happy there. And they really know how to look after the 'little guests' - the J&J toiletries, mini bathrobe, slippers & compliemtary sweeties are a great touch. Our toddler still talks about his friends at the front desk and concierge and wants to visit them again. We will definitely be back! Thank you Patrick, Ploy, Tuk, Lily, Dome, Oum, Sai, Don and all the lovely people who made our stay so memorable and comfortable.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Patrick S, General Manager at Oriental Residence Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2012

Dear Rani V and family

Thank you! Thank you for the great trip advisor comment. We are thrilled to receive such wonderful and sincere feedback. The team is very proud to see that we have now been voted No. 4 on tripadvisor. This is only possible thanks to you - our loyal guest providing us feedback on their wonderful experiences and challenges that we strive to improve daily in our property.

We do look forward to welcoming you back and do let us know in advance if we need to arrange a personal chef for your "In-Residence" dining options. We are pleased to serve and top the service on your next visit in 2013.

Yours sincerely

Reviewed August 27, 2012

I seldom leave reviews, however, my stay at the Oriental Residence warrants 10 minutes of my time.

Having discovered the Oriental Residence via tripadvisor, I decided to chance my luck and stay at this new establishment. On arrival to the hotel, we were cordially greeted and after completing the check-in formalities, we swiftly checked-into our beautiful 1 bed park view suite. The room itself is beautifully maintained and very well equipped with Ipod docks and chargers and 2 LCD TV's and wifi. The room itself (including the lounge), were a little small for us, but having a ~ 100m2 bedroom back home probably doesn't help, as any hotel / suite would be small for us. However, the room was extremely comfortable and provided a beautiful view of the park (US Embassy). A change from the desert views we are used to.

When we checked in there was a baby cot and baby slippers, baby bathrobe and baby products. I was impressed and touched with the thoughtfulness that the staff went through. The second time we checked-in we had marshmallows and m&m's for our little boy and dried fruits for us.

The staff including Patrick, 'Aunty Lilly', Ice, Ploy, Tawan, Tak etc were extremely warm, hospitable and most importantly genuine. The staff to me is what sets this place apart from its competitors. They would often (on a daily basis really) entertain my nearly 2 year old son (Ranveer), playing with him and looking after him. Really, words can't express my delight at the staff and their willingness to ensure we were comfortable. The shuttle van that the hotel provides complimentary trips to Central shopping or to the metro is new, and equipped with massage seats. It was like sitting in business seats on the flight that we are used to! (Mind you the drive to the metro is only a short 5 mins anyway).

Cafe Claire, I am not so overly enthused on, however, they still delivered our breakfast to the room on pretty much all (but 1 morning). The only time they didn't I complained, and they resolved the issue for the rest of our stay. However, Patrick explained that he was aware of the issues raised and have hired a new restaurant manager.

All in all, brilliant stay. Its worth mentioning that when we stayed for our 3 weeks, the occupancy varied between 20 and 60%. It will be interesting to see how the Oriental manages to ensure that they retain their exclusivity and quality of service. But nonetheless, we'll be back in 2013 (hopefully), along with baby no.2 and our help.

Thanks to all for making this trip comfortable and memorable.

Room Tip: If you can, go for the park-view or corner suites to enjoy the most of the views.

Dear Consultant_ABZ

Thank you for your in detailed review on O.R.B. We are grateful for your comments and constructive feedback. We have a dynamic team and I am glad you have highlighted this in your comments.

In an effort to ensure a relaxing and efficient breakfast experience, we now offer during our peak periods a special breakfast selection with live Egg Station served at our Gallery on the third floor. We have received fabulous feedback from our guest and pleased to say that this gives our guest two breakfast options and an additional unique breakfast venue plus added value for our guest during our high season.

I am certain that you will be pleased to experience this breakfast option on your future visits to Oriental Residence Bangkok.

The team is looking forward to welcoming you back.

Yours sincerely

Reviewed August 26, 2012

Living in Cambodia and being a frequent traveler to Bangkok, I decided to try this new place for a change. I stayed for two nights at Oriental Residence with my wife and our two children, from 17 to 19 August 2012, in a one bedroom Suite Park View Apartment.
Well, no need to make a long description when things are prefect. We have been so so many places around the world but, in terms of service, attention to details which counts, and friendliness, I can tell you this is the best place we have ever stayed. From pick up at the airport, transfer to the Residence, welcome at arrival, check-in process, assistance throughout the stay, check-out, transfer back to the airport, and assistance at the airport as well, this is perfect from A to Z with the best professionalism, commitment and smiling dedication I have ever seen. This of course includes the breakfast served. I don’t want to tell you more because I do believe it is better for you to discover it by yourself and live this wonderful surprising experience.
Just to give you two little examples
1) Before arriving, I had asked to put one baby bed in our room, for our baby girl. I had clarified that I would rather have a real baby bed than a baby cot because our baby is 17 old month and does not want to sleep any more in a very small bed. The hotel staff answered me that they would to their best but that they did not really have baby beds, which I could perfectly understand. Well, upon arrival, we were shown our room and told that the extra baby bed would arrive in a few minutes. A few minutes later, two people came and brought a baby cot which was bigger and nicer than any baby bed we had in all the other hotels we had stayed so far (not to mention that it was a top quality and beautiful wooden one…!
2) My wife, who is suffering from back ache, was asked when she saw our main bed room with the bed already covered with different nice cushions if this was ok and sufficient for her. She then asked if, by chance, they would have some ergonomic ones. She did not have the time to finish her sentence that she was shown a list of ten specific extra ergonomic cushions for her to choose…!
Utter perfection and thank you so much for this.
My highest appreciation and thank to the whole Oriental Residence Team!
See you again soon, for sure!
Arnaud

1  Thank Arnaud_voyageur

Dear Arnaud_voyageur

Thank you for your wonderful feedack on Oriental Residence. I am particular happy to hear that you enjoyed our special pillow menu and the raving compliments on our service. Merci beacoup.

Your compliments are a wonderful motivation for our team and we do look forward to welcoming you and your wife back to the "Oasis" on Wireless Road.

Best regards