Lowest prices for your stay
$102
Priceline$101
Hotels.com$101
Prestigia.com$132
3,452 results
All reviews cafe claire wireless road one bedroom suite embassy district pillow menu dining table small kitchen shuttle service luxury hotel fantastic hotel washing machine bts station siam paragon embassies orb concierge taxi
Selected filters
Reviewed August 22, 2012

Our group of 9 pax (5 children) stayed in a 2-bedroom and a 1 bedroom suite during the weekend. Firstly, the hotel is amazingly well designed and equipped with modern, tasteful, and very fine fittings, coupled with the very impressive service staff, who were so helpful with every small request we made, the Oriental-Residence was truly one of the best hotels/residences I've stayed not just in Bangkok, but anywhere in the world. The fact that the GM himself makes it a point to ask you about your stay was a truly nice personal touch.

We have recommended this hotel to every other friend since... and we will definitely be back! :) Thank you every single staff who have made our stay so amazing!

Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank CarolynTeo
Patrick S, General Manager at Oriental Residence Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2012

Dear Ms Teo

Thank you for highlighting and posting your positive experiences on tripadvisor. The team sincerely appreciates your kind "word of mouth" amongst friends and colleagues. We already have close to 30% returning guest and we will continue to focus on building on our future: Loyalty.

Wishing you a wonderful weekend and we do look forward to welcoming you back soonest.

Best regards

Reviewed August 21, 2012

This hotel exudes luxury at the highest level - discrete, classy luxury without being ostentatious. The staff is fluent in English at every level and in every department. Service is second to none and most of all, genuine.

The rooms are some of the best in Bangkok. The minute you arrive, you feel at home. The amenities are all first rate and better than competing five star hotels. The hotel offers a pillow menu and you can choose from many different types. I can definitely agree with other reviews here and say that the beds are utterly comfortable in every way! I had the best sleep in a long time. Bathrooms are great and towels/linens are of the highest quality.

Breakfast at Cafe Claire was a joy and quality of food was excellent.

Will definitely be back here for a future stay!

Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank Scandal37
Patrick S, General Manager at Oriental Residence Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2012

Dear Khun Scandal37

Wonderful feedback on beds and linen - thank you very much! Please do not hesitate to tell your friends on our "sleep to live" mattress and pillow menu selection.

I will share your comments with our housekeeping team who have carefully selected our pillows and linens to ensure all our guest have a memorable experience on Wireless Road.

I look forward to welcoming you back to our "sleep heaven" and get away in the center of Bangkok.

Reviewed August 20, 2012

I stayed in a corner suite in August--as others have noted, the view was phenomenal from the floor to ceiling windows. Loved the balcony too. The room was huge and immaculate, the bed one of the most comfortable I've ever slept in, the bathroom as big as most hotel rooms... I'm a coffee snob, so I loved the French press too. Plus, a nice selection of imported teas and a well-stocked kitchen. Also, it's just a few minutes' walk to the Ploenchit BTS station.

And the service was incredible. After I made my booking through a travel website, the hotel sent me an email asking whether I had any special requests to make my stay more enjoyable! And all of the staff were just amazing. I've lived in Thailand for 5 years, and I've never heard such perfect English spoken--across the board. Even the housekeeping staff were fluent! And incredibly welcoming.

The Oriental Residence is definitely a place I will be visiting again (hopefully soon!).

Room tip: The city view is just as gorgeous as the park view, but face the east, so if you don't like morning sun, go for the park view...
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
2  Thank Julia B

Dear Khun Julia

Thank you for your detailed description of services and and amenities. It makes us especially proud to receive your compliments on the level of English our team members have demonstrated during your stay. All team members have minimum four interviews prior to being accepted to join the Oriental Residence. We will continue to strive for perfection and thank you for the encouragement.

We look forward to welcoming you back soonest.

Best regards

Reviewed August 19, 2012

Stayed for 2 nights.

Pros:

- Great location
- Great views
- Lovely appointed rooms and amenities
- Attentive staff
- Great breakfast
- Fantastic pool with lovely views

Contras:

None.

Would definitely stay again.

Room tip: The higher the floor the better.
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
3  Thank psychoactive

Dear K. Psychoactive

We are very happy and grateful for your review and look forward to
welcoming you back to the Oriental Residence Bangkok.

Reviewed August 18, 2012

Unfortunately, I was only here for one night as I had an early flight out of BKK. My suite was one the nicest rooms I have booked in recent memory. Everything is new, clean and organized in a pleasant manner. The bathrooms are oversized and the bath towels and linens are perfect - nothing stained or showing any signs of wear. I loved the tasteful decor, suites my style perfectly. In short, I would rate this hotel at the very upper end of the offerings available in downtown Bangkok.

The service is simply outstanding. From arrival to departure, there was always one or more of this highly trained staff who were cheerfully ready to provide assistance. Even booking out to transfer to another hotel in order to catch a early morning flight, the doorman took extra time with the taxi driver to ensure he was absolutely clear about our hotel destination.

The breakfast arrangement was quite adequate for our needs with an ample selection of offerings. The pool was clean and inviting, although no time for a swim. I cannot comment on the food at Cafe Claire in the lobby. However, I did find a nice selection of wines by the glass which served as a great night cap before calling it an evening.

In my opinion, this is an outstanding value for a property of this caliber. If you have enjoyed the Oriental Mandarin, then this sister property will be sure to please. I would say it is a must stay if visiting central Bangkok for business or pleasure.

Many thanks to the management and staff - terrific job!

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank caboyachtservice
Patrick S, General Manager at Oriental Residence Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2012

Dear Khun "caboyachtservice"

Thank you for the wonderful review. We do look forward to welcoming you back in the near future. In regards to the management of the Oriental Residence, kindly allow me to explain with the following official clause explaining ORB's management structure:

"The Oriental Hotel, Bangkok is now called Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok and is owned by OHTL Public Company Limited and managed by Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group. Oriental Residence Bangkok is an unrelated and independent development by Thai Contractors Asset Company Limited and managed by ONYX Hospitality Group."

Once again thank you for your kind feedback - much appreciated.