“trendy restaurant for friends or for dating”
Review of Salt Aree

Salt Aree
Ranked #3,590 of 10,831 Restaurants in Bangkok
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Ari
Arras, France
“trendy restaurant for friends or for dating”
Reviewed July 26, 2013

I went there because one of my German friend ( a Young guy ) advised me as a great dinner place in Bkk. You can choose between outdoor or indoor. It is definitely a trendy style restaurant with a DJ playing music and many young people ..... The food is Thai, Japanese and Italian. I choosed Spicy yakisoba pasta and I wanted Panna cotta green tea but I had ice cream with bread and butter pudding. It is true that the pasta was definitely spicy and tasty. The dessert was one of a kind I saw so many times in "trendy" restaurants but not very sophisticated , pretty heavy and something you can make at home. I was very hungry this night so that was fine. I might come back there with some of my friends especially if they work for Fashion, Design industry .. otherwise not so sure

1 Thank thierry d

• Thai first
California
“Terrific Food, Great Drinks, Friendly Service”
Reviewed June 8, 2013

I was initially scared off about the reservation I had made because of other reviews here. They are all wrong.

This is one of the most vibrant, well executed restaurants in Bangkok. Drinks are fantastic, and they can put together whatever you want with the premium choices they have. The food ranges from particularly good wood-oven pizza, to Japanese, to US style entrees, and a few Thai dishes. Salad portions are large, and the food is fresh and tasty. The building is beautiful. If you don't like the lively indoor atmosphere and DJ mixed music, there is great outdoor seating. We were served professionally, both our drinks, both our starters, both our main courses at the same time, unlike the other reviews. I didn't see anyone else having a problem with this either.

An important note or two: one of the reasons this is such a good choice is because it is very conveniently located a short walk (400 meters or so) from a BTS Station called Ari. If you come down the correct staircase, you almost cannot go wrong to find the restaurant. As to reservations, it might be hard if you don't speak Thai; but don't let that scare you off. The menu is in English, and the bartenders and many of the wait-people speak well enough. Have your hotel call, or a Thai friend, or just show up. You can definitely eat at the bar if you wish.

Finally, as to the claim that this restaurant is expensive, you are not at McDonalds. Premium liquor cocktails/martinis are 250 baht each. They are worth is, and I think that is reasonable. As to food prices, there is a really wide selection. You can have pizza and a nice sized salad for well under 1000 baht with a drink. Of course, if you want more than a half pound of Kobe/Wagyu Tenderloin imported from Japan, of course it is going to be a few thousand baht for that alone! The menu addresses all price points. The portions are all the right size making it a good value, and it is possible to share the pizza's and many of the dishes family style.

California
“Terrific Food, Great Drinks, Friendly Service”
Reviewed June 4, 2013

Washington, District of Columbia, United States
“I was expecting more”
Reviewed February 13, 2013

I guess if you are visiting Thailand you have to stick with Thai food, I insisted that we visited this restaurant that it is always pack when you are walking around the Ari neighborhood, this is a Japanese restaurant, very elegant and expensive, our food toke about 45 minutes and as a norm, the dishes did not come together, I got mine and 5 minutes later my friend got her; gladly I was not hungry, the drinks toke 25 minutes, we were seating outdoors to enjoying the winter like weather (warning if you don’t smoke seat indoors), the second round of drink toke 25 more minutes (BTW, it was beer and wine) the places is under staff, food was fine, no great, small portions for the price that you pay, just as a warning, the lightning is very bad, when you read the menu, make sure that you are asking for a dish with the correct price (for 150 bath, as I was under the impression it was that much and at the end was 450 Bath), again portion are very small. It is a very trendy place to be, also the staff is great, they slow because is too busy.

• Visited February 2013
Bangkok
“Once good, now just don't waste your time”
Reviewed January 29, 2013 via mobile

This place is next to our home and we used to loved it. One of the best mojito we had in a nice ambiance and good service. As time past, it just get poorer and poorer in food and drinks. One our last visit as a group of six, the waiter does not understand how we want our drinks, one drinks was wrong, our two drinks came 15 mins after our friends. On one occasion we ordered brownies that came over heated in microwave. Another visit the cake was fouled. This last visit the tiramisu was absolutely no taste, no coffee taste scent or anything that says tiramisu. Our drinks was horrible and over priced, and watered down. We make a promised to ourselves to not go back.