“Food and staff amazing BUT....”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Snapper New Zealand - CLOSED

Snapper New Zealand
Cuisines: Grill, Seafood, New Zealand
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Sukhumvit
Description: A New Zealand culinary experience. We have a huge range of sustainable wild catch NZ Fish & Seafood, Free range pasture fed NZ Lamb, NZ Beef & NZ Venison. We have NZ Chips, NZ peas and we use only NZ butter & cream. All our sauces and conserves are homemade, as is our ice cream, breads, sausages, bacon, all our deserts etc. - basically we make everything in house ourselves. We even smoke all our own seafood & bacon using NZ native Manuka wood. To top it all off we stock the largest range of NZ wines in Thailand and have great range of NZ beers & ciders. This is your "one night in New Zealand" - Please enjoy / He pārekareka ki tēnā
Isle of Man, United Kingdom
“Food and staff amazing BUT....”
Reviewed February 6, 2014

We are regular customers in this restaurant, the food is amazing and John and his staff are brilliant. Unfortunately last night we had booked a table for 4 persons, (it was New Zealand day) our friends were unable to attend at the last minute so when we got to the restaurant, the manager Ben said to one of the lovely staff, And I quote "put them in front of the cash register" if it was not for John, my husband and I would have turned around and walked straight out again. He did not even attempt to say this quietly and we were right beside the staff member when this was said. Unfortunately we will be giving snapper a miss for a while and if John should ever leave, we will give it a miss permanently. There are many options in Thailand to eat good food where management does not treat you with disdain.

• Visited February 2014

• Hebrew first
  • Thai first
Bangkok, Thailand
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Food, eaten many times in this restaurant and I will come over and over again!!”
Reviewed January 26, 2014

All the foods are great, it comes to perfection, I wonder if who are the chefs for this restaurant as they cooked food perfectly.

Best chips and fresh fish. Yummy!!!

Highly recommended!

1 Thank Cressykisses
“Best Restaurant in the area”
Reviewed January 23, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I were planning to have just fish & chips when we saw the ad but when we arrive. We were charmed by the lay out as they take "fish & chips" to the next level without affecting the price.
Fish & mussels cook to perfection.
Atmosphere is chilled & relaxing.
Staffs (Myanmar) is very knowledgeable; he advice the best selection of fish & all other staffs are smiling and very effective.
My husband & I strongly advise this place.

1 Thank viviensly
Cheltenham, United Kingdom
“Top For Fish n Chips”
Reviewed January 18, 2014

It was early evening, they had only just opened so they were empty. That said it didn't seem soulless as the engaging staff busied themselves preparing for the evening. I was given a free canapé taster and ordered the Red Gurnard in batter with a half portion of thick-cut chips. Just had to have their version of mushy peas too! The fish was excellent, the batter with just enough flavour not to overpower. The half portion of chips was still too much for me. All nicely served on a sizeable plate overlaid with newspaper and a hygienically backed single sheet of plain paper - nice touch! The peas were a little "different" and there was a generous helping of tartar sauce. No room for a desert but was given a complimentary passionfruit shot (vodka).

All in all a very tasty meal and I was not disappointed in any way. I'm glad I sought this restaurant out and will revisit. Maybe a little expensive for Bangkok but at a price I'm prepared to pay to guarantee I get what I want!

Special mention to Ben who take the time to chat to me even though he was busy. Made me feel very welcome which is not always the case as a lone diner.

Dhaka City, Bangladesh
“Incredibly tasty food and nice ambience”
Reviewed January 18, 2014

Snapper was recommended by some of our friends who live in Bangkok and that along with the fact that it is highly recommended in TripAdvisor meant that our expectations were pretty high.....

Luckily, those expectations were fully met. The food was fresh and very well prepared, service was friendly without being overpowering. The place looks great with lots of wood and fish pictures/decorations.

We had a seafood salad which was a bit disappointing as the scallops and prawn were very few. Luckily it was followed by a full snapper and an orange roughy (i think thats the spelling, its a first for me). Both were really good and I am already planning another visit next time to try out more of the items. The fries were big and thick cut which is always good. We were given some appetizers in the beginning a nice touch.

The dessert was really good, and this is coming from someone who doesn't even like dessert that much. We had the the Kiwi Pav and it was sensational. Very very light and served with some ice cream (hokey pokey flavour). I loved it.

All in all a great visit, and looking forward to another visit next time we go to Bangkok.

2 Thank arvidc