“Best Find in Bangkok” 5 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: European, Italian, French
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Silom
Description: Lord Bripatr’s century-old traditional wooden house in Silom Soi 21 has now become today’s location of “Vintage”, a stylish Italian restaurant with creative and unique menu, by blending the original authentic Western’s Italian food in careful selection of premier ingredients, together with the “French style” meticulous food preparation processes; further equipped with a variety of European and Australian selection of fine wine.
Penang Island, Malaysia
“Best Find in Bangkok”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2013

My partner and I were in Bangkok over the weekend after visiting there several times over the last year or so. We were looking for a restaurant closeby our hotel, so we took a chance on this little wine bar hidden on a totally unassuming Bangkok alleyway. It turned out to be one of the best experiences we've had in the city.

Lots of upscale restaurants in Bangkok tend to fill up with tourists and travellers passing through the area. But as soon as we entered Vintage, it felt like the place was full of regulars and locals. The manager made it a point to make it to all the tables at the restaurant to greet her guests and chat with them for a little bit. She made the restaurant feel like a little community, which I really enjoyed.

The waitstaff was also spectacular, and very knowledgeable about their wine and food menu. Like the manager, they were very interested in and attentive to their guests. The wine menu was clearly carefully curated: thanks to our waiter's advice, we ended up with a great Argentinian malbec that was worth the few extra bucks we spent on it (about $40 USD). When I asked our server's advice on which dish to get, he didn't simply recommend one over the other, he told me why (the dish he recommended was handmade with squid ink, and tasted richer and fresher than the other dish I was choosing from, which included pre-made squid ink pasta). I was particularly impressed by his suggestion, because his recommendation was a couple of dollars cheaper than the other dish I was thinking of: I appreciate that he didn't simply want to upsell his guests. And sure enough, the dish was Our meals were roughly $12-17 USD, which was a total bargain, given the quality of food. I could easily have paid $20+ for the same dish and wouldn't have regretted it a bit.

At the end of the meal, as we were finishing our bottle of wine, we were given complimentary fish crackers with homemade thai chilli paste, which our waiter said was the typical snack Thais ate while they sat and drank.

Our entire experience was just great, and we'll be sure to be back.

• Korean first
  • Thai first
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent Restaurant on Silom”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2013

Truly recommended restaurant on Silom Road. I've been here for dinner many times for excellent food, service, music and atmosphere.

1 Thank napaswar
“Secret restuarent ever.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

I am very enjoy the foods here. It seems normal outside but the atmosphere and service are perfect. Lovely and warmly secret place.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank kookkie
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Beautiful restaurant with amazing athmosphere with live music”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2013

I was there with my girlfriend and we had pizza since we caught a deal on groupon.
Pizza was amazing.
There was live music who was incredible good and we enjoyed every second of it.
However upon arrival they gave us really good attention which was nice but without even asking us if we wanted any at all they kept on filling up our glasses with water so we
Thought it was free but when we were about to leave they charged us quite much for it.
I think it is bad behavior to keep on giving something in a way that looks for free an then charge for it. At lease on should be asked if wanting water or not.. Anyway staff was really nice and the place really beautiful as well. I recommend it to anyone who wants a good food experience.

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank leo_dominic
Bamberg, Germany
“Best Bar & Restaurent.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2013

Best Meals, Fresh Sea Food, tasty food above reasonable prices.

Service is good, ambiance is good & all together we visited twice during our stay.

Definitely visit again.