“Good Italian restaurant”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Silom
Reviewed September 27, 2012

We had our dinner here several times. I can recommend the salads, the pizzas and the ossabucco. Free Wifi.

2  Thank hansgeluk

Reviewed July 29, 2012

Ah, Torlente! When I first moved to Bangkok, Torlente was located down soi langsuan, our street. We first stopped in for a taste of their home-made gelato. They were so friendly and the ice cream was so tasty, we knew we needed to take our family for a full meal. The soups were warm and yummy, the salads were to die for. The pizzas and pastas were some of the best we had in BKK (our other favorite was Calderazzo, though the service wasn't always as nice there). The pastas were our family favorite, though. My dad went for the chili and bacon pasta, my mom was a spinach ravioli fiend, and I had the cheese-coated pasta primavera almost every time! We continued going every Friday. The waitresses remembered us and smiled every time they saw us enter. Once, my dad left his wallet on the table, and they ran after him to give it back! We were devastated when they moved to Silom. The Friday excursions were no more! Almost half a year later, we rediscovered the restaurant when my mom and I went to go to the seashell museum. We were elated to have found Torlente! The waitresses still remembered us, and beamed to see us back. The next weekend, we took my dad out there, too. I still remember it fondly.

1  Thank TravelUnipeg
Reviewed July 9, 2012

My friends and i went there many times where we visited Bangkok. It was not such a normal italian. This is a family run restaurant using the finest fresh ingredients and authentic recipes that give it a superb taste.

The atmosphere in the small with cozy space on the Silom was very informal and pleasant - all in all a memorable meal therefore I would not hesitate to recommend to anyone looking for real Italian food and hospitality.

Moreover, the staff were super frendily and it was very afordable to anyone.

4  Thank kamarila
Reviewed May 19, 2012

As residents of Bangkok, we ended up having lunch today at this restaurant after my wife had a treatment at at Silom Works across the street.
The staff (4 employees) seemed bored to death and felt bothered by our presence! No greeting, no thank you, no smile all the contrary of what Thailand hospitality is all about.
We ended up sharing a Pizza with parma ham which was, at best, mediocre.
There are plenty of italian restaurants in Bangkok so do not bother unless you cannot find another one!!

Reviewed January 31, 2012

I visited this restaurant a number of times during a recent visit to Bangkok and on each occasion with different items from the menu the food was first class. There is no loud music to drown out any conversation and the staff are pleasant and efficient. As the title of my review states the prices are moderate for good food. I would visit this restaurant again on future visits to Bangkok.

2  Thank AngloSaxon64