“Good Chinese” 4 of 5 stars

The Mayflower
Ranked #1,111 of 10,186 Restaurants in Bangkok
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian
Good for: Large groups, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Free Wifi, Parking Available, Reservations, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Silom
“Good Chinese”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2012

This Chinese restaurant is located at The Dusit Thani Hotel. This hotel chain is run by a Thai family who values high standard in everything, paying attention to every details. So this Chinese restaurant has always been we known for very good Chinese food. It has dim sum for lunch, but full menu is served too. Crispy sweet squid as starter is to be tried, Peking Duck and Crispy suckling pig are famous too. Crispy noodles with oyster sauce is awesome. Dessert is good, but I like Toffee Banana the best.

• Visited May 2012
1 Thank ChiranujB

• Thai first
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Beautifully presented Chinese cuisine in elegant surroundings”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2011

We visited quite late on a Sunday evening and found that we were the only guests. This would normally not be a good sign, but as I know the restaurant and its reputation I was not unduly worried. The surroundings are elegant and spacious and the tables beautifully set. We chose two main dishes - Szechuan style pork and prawn with green pepper and black bean sauce. Both were prepared to perfection and presented beautifully. We also had a delicate sweetcorn soup, served in individually heated bowls and finished the meal with green tea ice cream. In addition to its full wine list, the restaurant has a good selection of open wines at very reasonable prices. We chose a vin de pays d'Oc, which we enjoyed with the food. Particular praise goes to the waiter who heard us discussing the choice of main courses: I had remarked that I would not choose the sweet and sour pork because it would be too sweet for me and she immediately suggested that the chef could make any of the dishes using sugar substitute, something I do when cooking at home as I am diabetic. A most enjoyable meal in a pleasant atmosphere professionally served.

• Visited August 2011