“Scrumptious and elegant, modern presentation”
Review of Eat Meat Sweet

Eat Meat Sweet
Ranked #4,274 of 11,633 Restaurants in Bangkok
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed November 3, 2012

One of the best meals we had this time in Bangkok (we come often). The service was impeccable, and the food, well, to die for. Even the bread was amazing.

We came on a night where there was a huge birthday party going on, with very noisy locals. The staff were gracious, and apologetic, and to the point of offering us a discount on our meal, and a free digestive.

This is the real thing, we'll definitely be back.

Reviewed October 13, 2012

My lunch at Gai & Joel six months ago was so enjoyable that I went there again, this time for dinner.

I ordered the ravioli in lobster sauce, the lamb rack with cinnamon and the Gai & Joel tiramisu, from the set dinner menu.

The food was excellent. The ravioli in lobster sauce was delicious. The ravioli was meaty and the lobster sauce thick and creamy. The lamb rack was scrumptious. The tiramisu was light and not too sweet.

Service was superb. My server brought me another bread basket when I told her that the bread was very good. She also gave me an orange sherbet before the lamb rack, and a cup of coffee and biscuit together with the tiramisu.

I highly recommend this restaurant especially if you enjoy food that are presented like works of art.

For me, this was another great meal and I’ll be back!

2  Thank Nelumbo-Nucifera
Reviewed August 31, 2012

This gem of a restaurant is within walking distance of the Four Seasons. Food was excellent—scallops, pasta and fish were all very nicely done. Presentation was impressive, and the service had all the nice touches—very pleasant amuse bouche and a refreshing sorbet. An interesting feature—there is a TV in the restaurant with a closed circuit view of the kitchen. The staff were all attentive and friendly, with the hostess going well beyond the call of duty after our meal by venturing into the street during a downpour to flag down a cab, getting drenched while we stayed dry inside.

3  Thank OnetwentyOTR
Reviewed August 31, 2012

Like the other TA comment before, we also saw the owner/chef of Gai and Joel Restaurant competing in "Iron Chef"
The food was delicious, service was spot on and we had a pleasant chance to speak with the owners, which obviously have a true passion for food.
This is a great restaurant to come and relax with friends and family if you enjoy creative food full of authentic flavours.
They have beautiful private dining on the 3rd floor with a rooftop garden terrace....

2  Thank nangnoi
Reviewed August 19, 2012

We were the only couple in the restaurant during prime dining hours, which is a warming sign but decided to eat there based on the reviews. The menu is somewhat limited, and we decided to share a dish and an appetizer. The server was dry and rather inattentive, but the presentation of the food was spectacular with an artistic flair. We really enjoyed looking at the masterpiece, the to tell the truth it looked better than it tasted. The flavors did not compliment one another, and there was a general lack of overall quality of the meat. I think we will pass on a repeat visit.