“right time to start the day...”
Review of Chez Charlie

Chez Charlie
Ranked #1,916 of 11,955 Restaurants in Bangkok
Cuisines: French
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Outdoor Seating
Neighborhood: Sukhumvit
Description: Chez Charlie, a relaxing place for all day French meal. Start off your course with an Organic Salad or fresh made Healthy Soups. Crepes for you to enjoy with delicious stuffing. For heavy eater, our Chef has prepared a Daily Stews with crispy baguette. Sweet Crepe, Pannacotta, Chocolate Lava can fill your mouth with amazing taste. Order one of our fresh fruit Mocktails with our bartender to go along with your food.
Reviewed June 30, 2013 via mobile

it's the right place to start your Day with an excellent breakfast . very friendly staff and u feel its managed by the owner . hight quality in food.

Narumol C, Owner at Chez Charlie, responded to this reviewResponded July 5, 2013

Dear Costumer,
Thank you for visiting us, we are really glad that you enjoyed your meal and hope to see you more often here. We also really enjoyed servicing you, and proving you with what you need.

Kind Regards,
Charlie C.

Reviewed June 28, 2013

In a previous review, I noted that all foreign-owned restaurants in Bangkok had (in less words) the least authentic food quality in comparison to their native countries or simply utter garbage. That observation was meant to only apply to the Sukhumvit area (with exception to the fast food chains). Which with places like The Terminal (varies, but definitely more of a hit & miss), The Black Swan, Viva Via, 99% percent of the restaurants in & around the Redlight areas, etc.., are insulting and/or nauseous for eating. Tonight on Soi 19, I stand corrected.

Walked by this place several times, thought it to be just a small bakery/cafe from a distance, but tonight took a closer look & saw a menu just outside. Been here 3 days & my stomach was in complete revolt from trying out different places that fooled the customers with false pictures & ingredient descriptions. This place, Chez Charlie was elegant in presentation, service was good & I was able to speak normal English (compared to simple English) without issue. I have a food allergy, so I let it known & it was understood immediately...the food was made to my liking. Being wary due to past experiences with the restaurants around Asoke/Sukhumvit area, I chose something simple - beef bolognese pasta, smoked salmon organic salad, glass of white wine & a double expresso after. All superb & very satisfying, returning my energy levels to normal. The house wine was distinct with real flavor (rather than what I got elsewhere...which was colored vinegar)....

....truly a delight. Highly recommend.

1  Thank oz893
Narumol C, Owner at Chez Charlie, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2013

Dear Customer,
Thank you for your splendid review on Chez Charlie French Creperie and Bristol. We are glad that you really enjoyed your meal and our service. We thank you for coming back a second time and hope that you will be back to visit more often. The Chez Charlie staff commits that we will serve only food that is fresh, clean and delicious to every one of our customers. Your feedback on the well care to the food allergy really gave us a good idea to take extra care to customers who have food allergies or depending on their religion and beliefs.
With regards,
Charlie C.

Reviewed June 10, 2013

As an official tour guide here in Bangkok, I thought I knew of all the important eateries in the city, so I was very pleasantly surprised when I discovered Chez Charlie's, a French bistro a few steps west of Sukhumvit on Soi 19. This cozy little spot features the most delicious dishes including a variety of authentic French crepes, fresh baked croissants, organic sorbets, and some outstanding stews all at quite reasonable prices. The owner, khun Narumol, a graduate of the famous French culinary academy, Gordon Bleu, has created an unusual atmosphere and ambience that is truly addictive for those souls who demand only the very best. In the week since my discovery I have sampled most every dish offered and am delightfully surprised on each occasion. This is definitely a place not to be missed.

Reviewed June 4, 2013

One could easily miss Chez Charlie because of its unassuming exterior. When you walk in though, you'll feel like you're in another city altogether. The food wasn't anything to rave about, but it was a good place for a break from all the shopping.

Reviewed April 24, 2013

Good onion soup and very fresh juices. Crepes are above average. Close to T21 so pretty conveniently located.

3  Thank EddieSky