“Hotel review”

Ranked #688 of 866 Hotels in Bangkok
Gurugram (Gurgaon), India
“Hotel review”
Reviewed December 27, 2013

Friendly staff, centrally located with fashion street & local shopping market just a walk away. Clean & spacious rooms, lavish menu to choose from, 24 hours operational kitchen. Value for money. Would definitely recommend to all my friends.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Gauravanandgurgaon
TamPinnark, Manager at Grand Alpine, responded to this review, January 3, 2014
Dear Gauravanandgurgaon,

Thank you for your positive review of Grand Alpine Hotel! I am truly pleased to know that you found our establishment convenient for your travel preferences. Rest assured that we shall continuously provide quality comfort and services to all our guests.

Once again, it is my honor having you as our guest and I hope to see you again in the future.

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
  • Indonesian first
India
Reviewed November 27, 2013

Where do i start with........i was impressed by the pictures ....the location and some (dnt know why) good reviews...

We took so much time at the airport trying to make drivers understand its location inspite of having its address and map.
After roaming for about 15 minutes in prathunam area we finally located hotel on foot and then came back to taxi.The road (if it can be called road) is so narrow our taxi driver refused to enter....
When we entered we found our rooms to be like servant quarters as compared to pictures shown on TA or hotel site (yes they have a site).
We were a group and took 7 rooms and visited almost the rooms so can confidently say all rooms are alike (not that we were given bad rooms).
All the rooms stink and most of the rooms had no ventilation.
The wash basin was near bed ....ya not in the bathroom.....so sh.. in the loo and wash your hand beside the bed....
we were 2 adults and a child with extra bed in deluxe room but we were provided 2 towels (their plea...we dnt have enough towels so only 2 towels per room)
breakfast was non existent 2 non veg dishes(fried rice and chicken curry) 1 veg dish (Parantha and curd) 3 fruits(watermelon, pineapple, papaya juice, 1 juice (50% juice 50% water), white bread (baked hours ago).
Restaurant service people were good and food was better than average but very spicy.

The only good thing about it was location if you only want to shop....rest metro, taxi BTS all far away .....only markets were near.......

Room Tip: If you have to then take rooms with window.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank KkaranC
TamPinnark, Manager at Grand Alpine, responded to this review, December 8, 2013
Dear KPSC,

Greetings from Grand Alpine Hotel!

Thank you for taking time to share your review on us. Though outwardly, your stay with us was less than satisfying, I would like to express my appreciation for including us in your itinerary to Bangkok. I would like to personally convey my apologies to all the inconvenience you experienced during your stay. Our hotel is located in the heart of Pratunam which is a bustling commercial area and as expected it would be congested with people, vehicles and shops. With regards to our rooms, we would have gladly changed it for you should the Front Desk was informed of your discomfort on it. Even as a budget hotel, we are duty-bound to provide the best comfort and services to our guests inclined with the standards of hospitality industry. As a matter of fact, we are on the process of continuously improving our facilities and services to be able to meet the expectations of our valued guests.

Once again, I am sorry for the negative impression you had on us. Rest assured that your feedbacks were seriously noted to be able to serve you better the next time.

Hotel Manager

Travelers are raving about these Bangkok hotels

Reviewed November 19, 2013

The hotel is considered new and clean for us, after walk in to many alleys, you will find the hotel behind 7-11 store. Super convenience to search for Thai food+morning market+night market, the surrounding is smelly but crowded, around 5mins walk will reach Cityline to transfer to BTS line.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
TamPinnark, Manager at Grand Alpine, responded to this review, November 24, 2013
Dear Siew Teng I,

I would like to thank you for including our hotel on your travel itinerary to Bangkok. It is heartwarming to know that you found Grand Alpine Hotel very convenient to all your travel necessities. As a service provider, we always see to it that we will be able to cater the best for our guests.

Again, let me convey my appreciation for your positive review on us and I ardently hope to see you again in the future.

Respectfully yours,

Singapore
Reviewed November 14, 2013

Had a 6d5n trip to bangkok and stayed in grand alpine. It was good and friendly throughout the stay. Everything was fine and thankful towards the manager for meeting the request of mine.
Room was clean and spacious as well.
Would be back if i have the chance to travel to bangkok again. =)

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Mr.Kint,

Greetings from Grand Alpine Hotel!

I would like to personally thank you for your wonderful review of our hotel. It is my pleasure to have served you as our distinguished guest and I am also very glad to know that you have appreciated the services we provided for you.

Please feel free to contact me for any hotel queries as well as for your travel to Bangkok. We look forward to welcome you again in the future.

New Delhi
Reviewed November 8, 2013

Pampered as I am by my clients, usually tend to stay at luxury hotels. This time, my close friend and I decided to visit Bangkok for meetings with potential business partners. The trip was sponsored by him (a known miser) and thus, I had to agree to his choice of less than a known 4/5 star hotel. Thus, he took me to this newly constructed hotel in the busy business district of Pratunam. The rooms were very well furnished, bathrooms clean with very effective Wi-Fi. Being in the downtown, the location is perfect for anybody, who is in Bangkok for business meetings, as we were. Pratunam is a Mini-India and has good number of Indian and Pakistani restaurants. A visit to Bangkok can not be complete without the purchase of electronic items and Pratunam is the place to indulge in shopping for the same. The Hotel serves Indian buffet breakfast, which gives the South Asian a 'home away from home' feeling. The staff is friendly. Overall, it is a very good hotel for those, who do not have a fetish for a five star stay, but yearn for the same quality of accommodation.

Room Tip: To avoid noisy nights, please ask for rooms on upper floors in the back side of the Hotel, not facin...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank TheCorporateLawyer
TamPinnark, Manager at Grand Alpine, responded to this review, November 20, 2013
Dear TheCorporateLawyer,

I would like to extend my warmest appreciation to your positive review on your recent stay with us. It is very overwhelming to read comments such as these because it always inspires us and give us determination to perform our duties well in line with our paramount goal to provide quality hotel services to our guests.

I am very glad that you have enjoyed the entirety of your stay and left a decent impression on you being a constant traveler and have stayed in luxury accommodations.

Once again, I am grateful for having you as our guest and I look forward on your next visit in our hotel.

Hyderabad, India
Reviewed November 8, 2013

when ever I visited Thailand I stayed in this hotel, I guess I am a customer for this hotel since 2003, the best part of this hotel is its in a proper market area, lots of restaurants near by, very neat and clean rooms, with very good staff, specially the person at the reception in the evening shift Mr. Pintu, he is so helpful and provides you with any kind of information you need. I have stayed in lot of other hotels in Bangkok, but I really like to stay in this hotel, its just because of the good staff and good hospitality. I will be checking in again on 23rd of Nov for 2 Nights.

Room Tip: You can always request for the rooms on the 2nd and the 3rd floor the rooms are very nice and I am s...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Jai200
Dear Jai200,

I would personally like to thank you for your positive review on your recent stay with us. I am very glad that you have appreciated the services we provided for you as well as the location of the hotel. I am also pleased to know that you have enjoyed the entirety of your stay in Bangkok. Mr. Pintu would be very delighted on your special mention of him. Your commendations would certainly inspire us to continue giving quality services to our valued guests.

It is our honor to have served you and we definitely look forward on your next visit to us. Thank you very much.

Respectfully yours,

Shah Alam, Selangor, Malaysia
Reviewed October 28, 2013

We went to Grand Alpine Hotel, Bangkok in March 2013. I can't sleep well because very unfortunately the room we got was very noisy. This hotel situated at little India in Pratunam. No matter day or night time, can heard the Indian men were talking loudly while walking passed our room to the lift. Our room very weird. There were sliding window just closed by a roller curtain. Not those fabric curtain we used to see every where. The noisiness can heard because the sound proof system very poor.
When we just got our key, we found out our room look not decent. The paint on the wall tears out like wall papers. Look very awful. Again, the air-cond was leaking. Water dropped to the build in table until our floor was wet. We find the cust serv but can't get her. So, I need to walk up and down to search for the technician by myself. When the technician came, took around 30 minutes to fix the air-cond. Wasting our precious time to wait then only can go out to fill-up our stomach.
I seek the cust serv to change the room. She told us room totally full. No other can exchange for me. I am pretty sure she was telling lies to me. Night mare, the air-cond was leaking again during mid nite at 3am. My God, I really can't slept. Walked up and down to get tissue papers to wipe the floor and tables. I was worried that our luggage wet. Plus those peoples walked around the corridors with laughing and talking. This was my worst experience in Bangkok among 3 times came to Bangkok.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Evelyn T
TamPinnark, Manager at Grand Alpine, responded to this review, November 7, 2013
Dear Evelyn T,

First of all, I truly appreciate your effort in sharing your experience with us and for making Grand Alpine Hotel part of your travel in Bangkok. It is apparent that your stay was anything less satisfying therefore I would like to personally extend my sincere apologies.

Your observations and comments were properly noted. Please be assured that we shall continuously improve on the quality of our services to ensure customer satisfaction. Likewise, we shall continuously enhance the hotel facilities in conformity with our best value proposition as we offer the most competitive rates in this hotel industry . Again, I am deeply sorry for the inconvenience you may have experienced with us.

Thank you and I hope we could be of service to you again in the future.

Truly yours,