“Worst room condition and customer service”
Review of Grand Alpine

Grand Alpine
Ranked #716 of 883 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed October 28, 2013

We went to Grand Alpine Hotel, Bangkok in March 2013. I can't sleep well because very unfortunately the room we got was very noisy. This hotel situated at little India in Pratunam. No matter day or night time, can heard the Indian men were talking loudly while walking passed our room to the lift. Our room very weird. There were sliding window just closed by a roller curtain. Not those fabric curtain we used to see every where. The noisiness can heard because the sound proof system very poor.
When we just got our key, we found out our room look not decent. The paint on the wall tears out like wall papers. Look very awful. Again, the air-cond was leaking. Water dropped to the build in table until our floor was wet. We find the cust serv but can't get her. So, I need to walk up and down to search for the technician by myself. When the technician came, took around 30 minutes to fix the air-cond. Wasting our precious time to wait then only can go out to fill-up our stomach.
I seek the cust serv to change the room. She told us room totally full. No other can exchange for me. I am pretty sure she was telling lies to me. Night mare, the air-cond was leaking again during mid nite at 3am. My God, I really can't slept. Walked up and down to get tissue papers to wipe the floor and tables. I was worried that our luggage wet. Plus those peoples walked around the corridors with laughing and talking. This was my worst experience in Bangkok among 3 times came to Bangkok.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Evelyn T
TamPinnark, Manager at Grand Alpine, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2013

Dear Evelyn T,

First of all, I truly appreciate your effort in sharing your experience with us and for making Grand Alpine Hotel part of your travel in Bangkok. It is apparent that your stay was anything less satisfying therefore I would like to personally extend my sincere apologies.

Your observations and comments were properly noted. Please be assured that we shall continuously improve on the quality of our services to ensure customer satisfaction. Likewise, we shall continuously enhance the hotel facilities in conformity with our best value proposition as we offer the most competitive rates in this hotel industry . Again, I am deeply sorry for the inconvenience you may have experienced with us.

Thank you and I hope we could be of service to you again in the future.

Truly yours,

Reviewed October 24, 2013

location- great for shoppers, if you go to bangkok to shop this is the best place to stay.
hotel is nice modern design, staff is cool very good service.. the breakfast is not bad.
overall- satisfaction.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Edralin D

Dear Edralin D,

Thank you for giving the time to rate our hotel at Tripadvisor.com. I am very grateful of your positive reviews and I am very glad that you were satisfied on our services. Please be assured that we will continue providing you the best comfort and satisfaction as our valued and esteemed guest.

Please do not hesitate to contact me should you need any assistance on your travel to Bangkok. I look forward to welcome you again at Grand Alpine Hotel.

Reviewed October 22, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for three nights. The rooms were clean and a decent size. Breakfast was a buffet type and whilst there was not a great deal of choice, you could choose between Asian and Western, it was enough.
The staff were very helpful and organised a couple of things for me.
The hotel is just about in the middle of Pratunam markets which is good for hotel guests as they only need to go out the front door and they're there.
Getting to the place can be a bit of a headache as there are so many little alleyways around Pratunam and at certain times of day far too many vehicles.
I thoroughly enjoyed my stay there.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
TamPinnark, Manager at Grand Alpine, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2013

Dear Loltraveller2013,

I would like to express my appreciation for sharing your positive review of Grand Alpine Hotel. It is very gratifying to know that you enjoyed your stay and the hotel location suited your preferences. I would like you to know that we value your comfort and satisfaction thus I am pleased to have been able to provide it to you.

Thank you once again and I hope to welcome you again in the future.

Reviewed October 20, 2013

I will be checking in at this hotel on 31Oct to 2 Nov.
I have read all the feedbacks about this hotel regarding the cleanliness and service.
Seems to me all that the feedback is negative.

I am a kind of worried. Is that really so bad???

Nevertheless, i and my friend decided to give it a try. I have since book 2 room through sawadee.com for this coming 31 Oct to 2 Nov.
Hope i will be not disappointed and will be able to come back here to write a positive review instead of the negative one......

Jason Chan
Singapore

Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Mr. Jason Chan,

I would like to thank you for taking interest to stay at Grand Alpine Hotel. First of all, I understand your apprehensions basing on some of the reviews here in Tripadvisor. I would like to assure you that our hotel provides the standard quality service we could possibly give since we value you as our esteemed guest.

Should there be any inconvenience you might encounter during your stay, our friendly staff will be very glad to assist you. Please feel free to contact me any time for any assistance you might need.

Thank you very much and I look forward on your safe arrival.

Reviewed October 10, 2013

it was unpleasant from the moment we walked in.
1)the receptionist was incompetent and were not able to fulfill our requests
i.e: hotel tuk-tuk was never available, no housekeeping (our bins were full of trash but not taken out), when asked where is the nearest boots pharmacy they didn't know and didn't even bother to check. despite everything, they were not apologetic at all.
2) my friend was given a room which was occupied and got the shock of her life when she opened the door to realize there were guests inside.
3) there was a piece of dog poo in the corridor one morning (literally) how did it get there? i have no idea.
4) there were stains on the toilet tiles which were disgusting.
5) we could hear guests talking, walking and lugging their trolleys causing us sleepless nights.

having said all that, stay at your own risk!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank lisat910
TamPinnark, Manager at Grand Alpine, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2013

Dear Lisat910,

Thank you for staying at Grand Alpine Hotel and for taking the time to give a review on your experience with us.

I understand we have not met your overall expectations and I sincerely apologize for all the inconvenience you encountered during your stay. Your comments were duly noted for us to make the necessary improvements in order to give you and other customer much better service. We assure you that your comfort and satisfaction is our topmost priority therefore it is of much regret to know of these adversities you had in our hotel.

Once again my apologies and I hope we could have the chance to serve you again in the future.

Reviewed October 9, 2013

dear viewers,
it is glad to express our experience with grand alpine hotel for your stay in.
it is in heart of the city surrounded by shopping complexes and road side cheep and good market. who ever goes to bankok must visit market area surrounded by this hotel ONLY. reg., hotel and management. it is good and decent management, we are very happy with counter staff, room service and staff, clean maintenance, specialley the manager of the hotels behaviour was very good and helpfull for all, no doubt for stay it is a very good hotel. we stayed for 3 days and rates also reasonable.

Room Tip: we stayed in two ordinary rooms in between the corner rooms, even then they are very good. we need n...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank KMG57
TamPinnark, Manager at Grand Alpine, responded to this reviewResponded October 13, 2013

Dear KMG57,

Thank you for the wonderful review following your recent stay with us at Grand Alpine Hotel which we truly appreciate. It is very heartwarming to know that you were pleased with the services we provided and that our location suits your preferences. Your comments will always motivate us to strive harder to be able to give quality hotel experience for our valued guests.

With it, let me thank you once again and I am hoping to welcome you back in our hotel in the future.

Reviewed October 8, 2013 via mobile

Good hotel, free Wifi , good and cheap Indian food, clean rooms, very close to shopping street and all other famous shopping malls like Pradyuman mall n in bangkok.

Friendly restaurant staff, go there if shopping in mind.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Mayur_navy
TamPinnark, Manager at Grand Alpine, responded to this reviewResponded October 12, 2013

Dear Mayur Navy,

Thank you for the time taken to review our Hotel. We are delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay and the services we have offered. Your comments will always inspire us to continue giving quality hotel services to our valued guests.

Please do not hesitate to contact us should you need any hotel assistance. Thank you once again.

Yours truly,