“Good value”
Review of Grand Alpine

Grand Alpine
Ranked #735 of 887 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed June 24, 2013

The hotel is very clean, big spacious rooms with all facilities and free Internet. Very well located in Pratunam shopping and market area with everything accessible up to late hours. Restaurant is open till after midnight and staff are very friendly and helpful.
Very good value for money.

Room Tip: Bigger rooms in the old wing
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
TamPinnark, Manager at Grand Alpine, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2013

Dear Haresh2009,

Greetings from Grand Alpine Hotel!

Please accept my heartfelt appreciation for your positive review. We are very glad that our services and facilities were suitable to your needs that made your stay worthwhile. With it, we will do our best to continue providing you quality hotel services for we value much your comfort and satisfaction.

Thank you and I hope to welcome you once again in the future.

Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

Just the 2nd night of staying out of 4 nights and I decided will not return to stay again.

Most of reviews mentioned are true.

Good- I was upgraded FOC upon checking in.
Service is pretty good and friendly.
Free tuk tuk to nearby.
Busy street outside and u will never get hungry.
Massage parlor everywhere and pretty good and cheap!
Very near to airport railway link but you need to cross a train track and small path to get there!

Bad - location! Yes it's near platinum mall but that's about it!
No taxi know this place, if you have big or many luggages you have to carry all the way in as taxi can't get into the small street. Room totally not same as web photos
Not near any BTS although they provide free tuk tuk but going back hotel is hassle and taking taxi is daunting with the jam! Took me 2 hrs and 400+ baht from airport!
The worst of all? I stayed in 501, the hot water never come up! Even there is, it's less than a minute! I complaint but useless!
501 is outside the lift, in the morning everyone taking the lift u would know, sound isolation is bad !

Overall it's cheap but I would rather spend more staying a better location hotel near BTS!

2  Thank Desmondcheng

Dear Desmondcheng,

Thank you for taking time to review our hotel and it was our pleasure to have served you on your recent visit to Bangkok. Apparently, it is evident through your feedbacks that you were not satisfied through the entirety of your stay. I regret to have known it though we certainly provide the standard quality of hotel services. I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you encountered in the room provided for you as well as throughout your travel.

I have taken notes on our lapses and rest assured that we will extensively review it for necessary improvements. Once again, my apologies and I fervently hope you could visit us again in the future.

Respectfully yours,

Reviewed June 20, 2013 via mobile

Before coming to Bangkok I did my homework by viewing the old reviews of this hotel on tripadvisor, taking heed of all past reviews and be mentally prepared. As we're staying for 4 days we had to ensure we had everything.

Getting to the hotel:
We took a taxi from the airport. A taxi from the airport to this hotel is exactly 450 baht. (Its worth it if you have 2 or more passengers, any less take the sky train). To ensure that you REACH the hotel please download the map of the location of the hotel into your phone. (The map can be found in the Grand Alpine Hotel website's contact us).

Surrounding:
The actual location of the hotel is in a pretty small alley, but rest assured its a safe place. The main entrance of the hotel is hidden 10m from the road, but you will be directed by the staff or tuktuk driver.

Reception:
Go to the fat lady, shes kind. Important info for checking in, if you are traveling on a busy tourist season you can only check in from 12pm to 1pm. Waits are really really common, so be patient! The hotel can help you to hold your bags if you want to walk around before checking in! Just ask!

Room:
The room is not too shabby, everything you would need is provided, tv has bbc worls news, fox aports channel. Please bring your own shampoo, shower gel, and towels! The hotel provides but its better! Wi-Fi routers on every floor! Just turn on your wifi and connect, no password required.
Even if you triple share, the room is still okay and spacious (good amt of space), don't expect 5 stars space from a 3 star hotel provider!

Breakfast:
Breakfast ends at 10:30am. Be down for it! A small selection is available.

Hotel's surrounding:

1) there is a phat thai store down the road near the hotel, the normal phad thai costs 40 baht, seafood one costs 60. (Theres a sign) Just get the normal one. The food is clean, and is recommended.

2) Once you are clear of your surroundings make your way out the the main roads, along the main road there are stores that sell shirts etc, its a good selection.

3) Make your way to Platinum fashion mall and MBK for value shoes, shirts, belts etc.

Check out time is latest by 12.

In all the hotel did not disappoint! Everything is great! Would recommend & come here again.
Have a great trip!

3  Thank DanielKJ
TamPinnark, Manager at Grand Alpine, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2014

Dear DanielKJ,

Let me thank you for making us your home while in Bangkok and for sharing a wonderful and detailed review of us. Truly, the convenience of our location offers you more time to enjoy your stay as most of your itineraries are within the hotel's proximity. I am joyed to know that you found our location suitable to your travel needs.

I am also very grateful for your commendation on our staff and services which we found inspirational and motivating to continuously strive hard in providing quality comfort and services. Rest assured that we shall continuously try our best to make innovations on our system to be able to give only the best to our valued guests.

Please do not hesitate to contact me for any assistance should you have further plans to visit Bangkok again in the future. Thank you very much.

Yours truly,

Reviewed June 17, 2013

I would like to commend the owner of this hotel - Grand Alpine Hotel in Pratunam Thailand. The place is so clean and artistic. From where it is, just a 5 minute walking distance to the night market, if you love to eat street food its just 100 steps. I also like the staff who are always ready to assist you, everyone of them can speak English, this is not a hotel for me. It is my HOME in Bangkok, Thailand.

Finally, if you have flights to Suvarnabhumi Airport, this is very ideal. From hotel, you just need to walk 5-10 mins. and reach BTS Railway Station - Ratchaprarop buy your token 40 baht per person, 25 mins you will reach the end of the train - Suvarnabhumi Station. What is good about Grand Alpine is that the bell boy offered to help us with our luggage, we only walked from hotel to Ratchaprarop Station instead of taking a cab, out of appreciation and gladness I gave him 100 baht (I forgot his name but hes young, Nepali from Myanmar) and can speak a good English.

If I were to revisit Bangkok, I will still book on the same hotel. All floors have a high speed internet connection, a cozy room with nice paint, a huge clean room, and a working heater inside the bathroom.

You will definitely love this hotel you will recommend it to your friends planning to visit Thailand!Cheers!

Room Tip: Standar room is really cozy
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 12, 2013 via mobile

Almost new room deco cos just renovated less than 5 months. Great services . Will b even better if there is more cable tv program selection . Many roadside hawker stalls selling local food . Lane outside closed partially at nite line with stalls selling almost anything. Great hotel. Will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed June 10, 2013

Hotel must be owned by an Indian because breakfast n TV programmes seemed catered for them!Only supply shampoo,shower gel n soap(all freaking tiny in size). Must bring own's towel unless u don't mind using "grey" ones. Location sucks,with low headroom everywhere. Hotel not for ppl above 1.7m.

Reviewed June 4, 2013

Bought travel vouchers and this hotel was selected by travel agency from Singapore.

The receptionist is inexperienced to serve the customers. We had booked two rooms, however the room space for triple is way too small after put in the extra bed!

The hot shower unstable at times, they only provided the mini soap bar and shampoo which is definitely not enough!

Wondering this hotel should be owned by Indians not by local Thai people. Mostly for those staffs work there are foreigner. All TV channels are suck less choices but mainly for Indians comedy!

Last, don't try out the food stalls from outside of the hotel area. We were told that those cookers are not from local people mainly from Indians, Myanmar, Laos...

Overall, will not suggest friends to stay here. The surrounding is quite dangerous all though is nearby to the market. Would rather spend more money to stay in good hotel.

• Stayed: May 2013