“5-star quality at affordable price!”

The Emporia Restaurant
Ranked #6,966 of 10,675 Restaurants in Bangkok
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Sukhumvit
Bangkok, Thailand
“5-star quality at affordable price!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I had dim sum buffet as lunch in Emporia.

I would recommend Dim Sum lunch buffet for those who are looking for decent food with high value for money.

It is 590 THB / person and you have 49 dishes to choose from, including 1) Dim Sum, 2) Soup, 3) Fried rice & noodle and 4) Desserts. Food is not top-notch in town but at very decent quality. On top, we enjoyed the view over Sumkhumvit road at EL Floor (~8th floor I think). Service is very good with high hospitality from the staff.

I will definitely come back next time when dim sum is our choice for lunch or dinner.

1 Thank haotran305

• Korean first
  • Thai first
Atlanta, Georgia
“High quality chinese food in Bangkok”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2014

We live on the same street as Emporia, so have ordered take away from here a few times. Our favourite dishes are: chicken fried rice, wonton soup and beef w/vegeables. We didn't care for the casserole black bean chicken. It is a little pricey, but you get what you pay for.

Visited March 2014
Wellington, New Zealand
“Below average”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2014

Emporia is the restaurant for a hotel trying to be a first class international hotel. For their hotel restaurant to serve Chinese food plus a smattering of other options from the room service menu was strange.

I ordered a Thai vegetarian noodle dish. It took a lot of effort to explain that I wanted tofu in my dish, the waitress kept repeating "Thai food", which sounds similar. My noodles were average, but the tofu was a strange type that tasted burnt. My wife's burger was pronounced average. The waiting staff were doing their best, and were very attentive (perhaps a little too attentive).

We had a buffet breakfast at the restaurant as part of our hotel package. The breakfast was above average for a buffet, especially the freshly cooked omelettes and pastries, the other options were welcome, standard, and all-together not too bad but nothing to write home about. The breakfast buffets at the other hotels were stayed at in Thailand offered a variety of tea and coffee options, but this hotel restaurant did not and to get a English breakfast tea we had to pay extra which seemed a little petty given the cost of the rooms and the effort of putting a tea bag in hot water. The following day we did not bother and instead bought a drink at a cafe.

• Visited March 2014
“not as good”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2014

Went there after reading some good reviews but I must say it’s not as good as described. Getting there is already a challenge as the restaurant is on the 25 th floor of the emporium hotel and that’s not easy to find coming from the bts into the mall attached. Since I stayed here once I knwe my way around. Arriving at the restaurant there was no one to great or welcomes me; I had to ask several waiters who did not speak English where I could sit. Finally a lady dressed in black seated me on a window sit. The restaurant itself would need some serious overhaul. Furniture is old and materials are worn out, and with only 4 more tables occupied, I think they run out of business. Communicating with the waitresses was also quiet challenging. I order an apple juice and got a mango juice? However it was quickly exchanged into an apple juice. The food however was excellent I must say, the Chinese chef seem to know what he is doing. On Thai manager in black suit passed once through the restaurant but not interacting with any guests, seems he knew what answers he will get if enquire about the experience. The restaurant is nothing to drag about; there are much better places in town then this one.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank pwongtana
Seoul, South Korea
“Incredible lunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2014 via mobile

We had booked the seats for lunch at the Emporia and were not disappointed. It was a great lunch and really enjoyed it very much. The food was absolutely amazing, tasty and yummy. The view was gorgeous and all staff were very friendly that it was not enough words to describe. We will be back again.

• Visited February 2014