“Great hotel, great location!”

Novotel Bangkok Platinum Pratunam
Ranked #79 of 868 Hotels in Bangkok
Sydney, Australia
“Great hotel, great location!”
Reviewed January 15, 2014

The hotel was clean and the location was also great. Surrounded by shopping centres, food area and also night shopping - never short of things to do (day or night)

I stayed on the Premier Floors and have to say the services provided was above my expectation for Novotel brand - the staff on the Premier Lounge was great (even remembered I have skim milk with my coffee without me requesting it on my second day).

The breakfast offer was great with a lot of choices

Rooms was clean and hotel still have a new feel about it (compared to other Bangkok hotel)

Will stay in this hotel again

Room Tip: Premier rooms
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Novotel B, Manager at Novotel Bangkok Platinum Pratunam, responded to this review, January 21, 2014
Dear valued guest,

Thank you so much for taking your time to share your positive comments on Tripadvisor.
It is very agreeable to know that you had a fantastic experience and you enjoyed our great location, the service provided by our Premier Lounge team members and the rooms.

I will take the liberty to share your feedback with the team.

Once again thank you very much for your kind posting and looking to welcome you back in the very near future.

Novotel Bangkok Platinum

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (479)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Vietnamese first
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed January 13, 2014

Great new hotel and so well located next to the Platinum shopping mall. The only trouble is getting there from the airport during peak hour, it is majorly congested. But once there all you really need to get around is a tuk tuk if there is more than 1 of u or a motorbike taxi for a single person.

Hotel service is great and the rooms are very clean and well kept.

Room Tip: Didn't bother having their "American" Breakfast buffet for 300 bath as I felt it would...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear valued guest,

Thank you very much for staying with us and for those great pictures you have posted here.

We are overwhelmed to read that you more than enjoyed your honeymoon with us. I believe your pictures also reflect this.

Maybe for your next stay you could try our very delicious breakfast and we are looking forward to welcome you back for another great stay with us.

Port Louis, Mauritius
Reviewed January 13, 2014

i stayed there for 6 nights from 25 Dec 2013 onwards. before entering the hotel rite in the lift therez a horrible smell i guess coming from the river/canal next door which is a big put-off. but the check-in was very smooth as the staff was very sweet and helpful since we reached there late at night. Once we entered the room, the smell inside was also not very welcoming but bearable. We had to spay perfumes everywhere. but my biggest disappointment was the bathroom. I specifically mentioned in my reservation that i wanted a CLEAN bathroom with NO MOULDS at all and it was clearly not the case with mould on the wall and floor of the shower! (didnt bother to take those pics but it was in room 2012). I did request for a deep cleaning the next day and i didnt feel much was done. I did have some doubts about the cleaning of the room so i put stuffs everywhere (like a small piece of tissue on the floor of the toilet) and guess what..it was still there in the afternoon after the clean up! o_O ..we were on the 20th floor so i was expecting great views of the city but no! the view is completely marred with a huge advert poster! The saving grace is its location with platinum mall just beneath...AWESOME. Food was easy to get...name it and its at the doorstep of the hotel! isetan, Siam Paragon and MBK are at walking distance. And i must also say they have one of the best staff...charming, warm and always willing to help..Bravo to them! Also the gym n swimming pool is very nice and relaxing. Maybe next time i will try the Novotel at Siam Square or ...Amari! but for sure i will be back for another visit in Thailand!

Room Tip: Higher floors should give a nice view of the city IF that advert is REMOVED!!!
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Dear valued guest,

Allow me to thank you for having spent your time in Bangkok with us, as well as taking the time to put your thoughts into writing here on Tripadvisor.

Despite being deeply saddened to learn you were dissatisfied with certain aspects of your stay at our hotel, my team and I truly treasure the effort put into drafting such a comprehensive review on your experience, with some valid constructive criticism we can undoubtedly use to improve our services.

I am sorry to hear that the there was an odeur in your room and that you were not satisfied with the cleanliness your room. I have already discussed this further with our housekeeping manager. Thank you for raising this.

Nevertheless, it makes me happy to hear that particular aspects of your stay met your expectations, such as your check in and of course our location.

Thank you once again for your feedback and we are looking forward in welcoming you back to our hotel in the very near future.

Singapore
Reviewed January 13, 2014

Stayed here between 9 to 12 January 2014 with my nieces and girlfriends for a shopping trip. This hotel is ideal as we do not have to take any transport to the places we want to shop... the wholesale market is just across the street, the Platinum Mall is just next door (in fact you can access the mall from the hotel) , the Big C and Central is behind.. about 10 minutes walk. At night there is also a pasar malam or night market set up by many vendors just in front of the hotel. So if your main purpose is to shop till you drop, this is the best place to stay. There's a nice pool and gym too but I never found the time to use them. The hotel does not have a spa though you can have massage in the rooms at a reasonable price.... however I feel it's not the same and would be great if they had a separate spa room or facilities... Breakfast selection was good too , nice spread of local and western food. If I had any complaints it would be that the rooms were too dimly lit and the water does not run off too well and takes a while to drain off... staff were polite and helpful. Would certainly stay here again next time I go to BKK...

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank NickyPoops
Dear valued guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at Novotel Bangkok Platinum Hotel on your recent visit to Bangkok and for taking the time to share your experience with us. We are delighted to know that you had a pleasant stay with us and that you liked our facilities, the breakfast selection and of course the location.

We are currently working on a new massage treatment room close to our pool area, which will improve the facilities of our guests

We look forward to welcoming you back soon and hope that your next visit with us will be as pleasing as the previous one.

Yours sincerely,

Jakarta
Reviewed January 9, 2014

We love the hotel since it is quite new and clean, located quite strategic to the shopping areas in the heart of Bangkok.

The room was clean and spacious for us to enjoy after a long day walking and shopping.
The view was excellent and the bar was lively to watch a bit of Football with many others.

The swimming pool was a nice touch since we tried to find some hotel near the area with swimming pool and this was the perfect choice to have location, cleanliness, price and amenities.

Definitely recommended and we'll go back to enjoy the best hotel in Petchaburi area (in our opinion).

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear valued guest,

Allow me to thank you for writing such a flattering, detailed and thorough review which you are sharing with our guests here on Tripadvisor.

I am delighted to learn that you state our hotel as the best in Petchaburi.

It makes me very happy to learn that you have appreciated the unique location of our hotel, as well as its proximity to the shopping areas, the pool and the room itself

Once again, thank you for placing your trust in our hospitality; we are looking forward to welcoming you here back to Novotel Bangkok Platinum.

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed January 9, 2014

Stayed at this hotel for the weekends (3rd-6th Jan) with my sister and my parents. This hotel suits for travelers that are keen to just shop the entire day as the hotel is located right above Platinum Mall, you can just take an escalator down to access to the mall. It's also not that far from Siam Paragon and MBK. Just a tuktuk ride away about 100-150baht). For Muslim Travelers not to fret as there are quite a few Halal Eatery nearby the hotel & or coffee lovers like my sister and I, there's a Starbucks Outlet right beside the hotel! There's also quite a few massage areas if you're keen to get a massage.

The room and the toilet was very spacious. I had a good view from my room as I got the room right above the infinity pool. It has a glass window toilet overlooking the room which can be a little awkward for the travelers that are not used to that kind of design. Additionally, I have to thank the concierge at the Ground level for always meeting the needs of my family when we needed to get somewhere. Kudos the whole team :)

Overall, My stay was enjoyable tho we had troubles getting the second room(we booked 2 rooms) ready on time. They promised to get it done by 1400 but ended up we got our 2nd room about 1600.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Dear valued guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience of your stay with us and other guests.

We are thrilled to receive your compliments and it is a pleasure to read your comments in regards to our excellent location, the great team work of our concierge tam and the room.

I am sorry for the delay for your second room.

We are very much looking forward to welcoming you back to our hotel.