“Great location!”

Novotel Bangkok Platinum Pratunam
Ranked #74 of 887 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed January 13, 2014

Stayed here between 9 to 12 January 2014 with my nieces and girlfriends for a shopping trip. This hotel is ideal as we do not have to take any transport to the places we want to shop... the wholesale market is just across the street, the Platinum Mall is just next door (in fact you can access the mall from the hotel) , the Big C and Central is behind.. about 10 minutes walk. At night there is also a pasar malam or night market set up by many vendors just in front of the hotel. So if your main purpose is to shop till you drop, this is the best place to stay. There's a nice pool and gym too but I never found the time to use them. The hotel does not have a spa though you can have massage in the rooms at a reasonable price.... however I feel it's not the same and would be great if they had a separate spa room or facilities... Breakfast selection was good too , nice spread of local and western food. If I had any complaints it would be that the rooms were too dimly lit and the water does not run off too well and takes a while to drain off... staff were polite and helpful. Would certainly stay here again next time I go to BKK...

1  Thank NickyPoops
Novotel B, Manager at Novotel Bangkok Platinum Pratunam, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2014

Dear valued guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at Novotel Bangkok Platinum Hotel on your recent visit to Bangkok and for taking the time to share your experience with us. We are delighted to know that you had a pleasant stay with us and that you liked our facilities, the breakfast selection and of course the location.

We are currently working on a new massage treatment room close to our pool area, which will improve the facilities of our guests

We look forward to welcoming you back soon and hope that your next visit with us will be as pleasing as the previous one.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed January 11, 2014

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Reviewed January 9, 2014

We love the hotel since it is quite new and clean, located quite strategic to the shopping areas in the heart of Bangkok.

The room was clean and spacious for us to enjoy after a long day walking and shopping.
The view was excellent and the bar was lively to watch a bit of Football with many others.

The swimming pool was a nice touch since we tried to find some hotel near the area with swimming pool and this was the perfect choice to have location, cleanliness, price and amenities.

Definitely recommended and we'll go back to enjoy the best hotel in Petchaburi area (in our opinion).

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Dear valued guest,

Allow me to thank you for writing such a flattering, detailed and thorough review which you are sharing with our guests here on Tripadvisor.

I am delighted to learn that you state our hotel as the best in Petchaburi.

It makes me very happy to learn that you have appreciated the unique location of our hotel, as well as its proximity to the shopping areas, the pool and the room itself

Once again, thank you for placing your trust in our hospitality; we are looking forward to welcoming you here back to Novotel Bangkok Platinum.

Reviewed January 9, 2014

Stayed at this hotel for the weekends (3rd-6th Jan) with my sister and my parents. This hotel suits for travelers that are keen to just shop the entire day as the hotel is located right above Platinum Mall, you can just take an escalator down to access to the mall. It's also not that far from Siam Paragon and MBK. Just a tuktuk ride away about 100-150baht). For Muslim Travelers not to fret as there are quite a few Halal Eatery nearby the hotel & or coffee lovers like my sister and I, there's a Starbucks Outlet right beside the hotel! There's also quite a few massage areas if you're keen to get a massage.

The room and the toilet was very spacious. I had a good view from my room as I got the room right above the infinity pool. It has a glass window toilet overlooking the room which can be a little awkward for the travelers that are not used to that kind of design. Additionally, I have to thank the concierge at the Ground level for always meeting the needs of my family when we needed to get somewhere. Kudos the whole team :)

Overall, My stay was enjoyable tho we had troubles getting the second room(we booked 2 rooms) ready on time. They promised to get it done by 1400 but ended up we got our 2nd room about 1600.

Dear valued guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience of your stay with us and other guests.

We are thrilled to receive your compliments and it is a pleasure to read your comments in regards to our excellent location, the great team work of our concierge tam and the room.

I am sorry for the delay for your second room.

We are very much looking forward to welcoming you back to our hotel.

Reviewed January 9, 2014

location-wise: depend on what you want and look for. The night markets nearby are my favourite, but not everyone's cup of tea, unless you are not scare of vendor food and shabby dining environment. Alfresco dining next to garbage and filth, with dishes and cutlery washed in the same bucket of water may annoy some hygiene-conscious tourists, while the local commoners, if not grass-root , choose to have the meal, for different reasons. So is the appeal of the Platinum Mall: for clients of a different sector. Most shops may be run under the same ownership, with different names and served by different faces. Some shops are, in fact, the outlets of the wholesale shops, the mass of these are in the area across the streets. I did a lot of shopping in the wholesale markets previously. One man's meat is another man's poison. Nevertheless, no one dare to argue that the hotel entrance lacks space and looks seedy, since the outdoor tables of Starbucks line up to the main door. Taxi-drivers need patience to drive through throngs of mobile vendors and street-side shoppers before they can pick up guests from the hotel, some of who carry heavy baggage.

Hotel-wise: nice pool, but not enough beach chairs. Lighting in the room is too dim for some bedside reading. Mind you that not all guests are young guys with better eyesight. Most silver generation need reading glasses and stronger room lighting for convenience. The shower design is typical of those who trade utility for chic presentation. Without a curtain or a screen door, folding or sliding, water inevitably splashes on the bathroom floor no matter how careful you are and how close you stand near the tap faucet when you shower. Rub salt on wound that the threshold in the shower area is too low to hold water. I never want to change towels even for a three night stay, but, I have no choice in this hotel but to change the bath towels which I have to use them for floor mats.

Food supply: No cake shop in the hotel for a tea break in late afternoon. Yes, go to Starbucks; or the Canyons in the floors below and you can have choices. But, this is not what a 4 star hotel should be like. I tried the Japan buffet dinner, and I enjoy the desserts more than the sushi, while ramen is presented like cold noodle plate. All ramen in Japan must be served with hot broth, made live in front of the customers. Cold noodles plus prepared hot soup base would not make a Japanese ramen or u-don. And the absence of steamed dishes and fried dishes just exposes the negligence of illiteracy of the chefs-in-charge of what they understand by Japanese food.

Service-wise: The air-conditioning went down after check-in. Prompt action and courteous manner of the mechanics immediately gain scores for the loss of marks. Receptionists do all they can to make everyone satisfied.

Yet, with the rate I pay, I cannot deny that the stay in Novotel is the best buy among all my previous visits to Bangkok, Sol Mui and Krabi. The worst scenario is that you pay a five-star hotel rate for a three star service return.

Room Tip: not those facing Central World on the top 14 floors. Your windows are blurred by the giant ad screen...

Dear valued guest,

First of all thank you very much for taking the time to leave such a detailed feedback with us which gives a very good impression how your experience with our hotel was.

I have taken note on the sun beds, the lightings in the room, the water splashes in the bathroom, our Japanese buffet and the air condition. I have already shared this with our heads of departments and will work on improvements. Thank you for bringing this to my attention.

It has been a sincere pleasure to have you here as our guest, and we look forward to welcome you back here at Novotel Bangkok Platinum Hotel.

Should there be any arrangements you would like us to take care of on one of your potential future stays, I would be more than happy to assist you.

Reviewed January 9, 2014

Best for those on shopping trip.
Located at the heart of platinum mall and central world area. Shop, drop and shop again!
It is not the cheapest of all, and hence those on a budget trip, this is not the hotel you're looking for.
A distance walk from BTS station. Therefore most trips to elsewhere has to be via taxi.
In terms of hotel service, can't expect 6 stars standard, would be great to have though...all I can say is, for the price you pay at that location, can't ask for more.

• Stayed: January 2014
Novotel B, Manager at Novotel Bangkok Platinum Pratunam, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your great comments about your recent stay and to share this with us and other guests.

I was very happy to read that you liked the location of our hotel, which of course invites for several shopping trips.

Thank you again for sharing your pleasant experience at our hotel and we are very much looking forward to welcoming you back to Novotel Bangkok Platinum Hotel.

Warm regards,

Reviewed January 8, 2014

Novotel Bangkok Platinum is one of my favorite hotels in Bangkok. It's near Platinum Malls where you can shop till you drop. One of the Platinum Malls building is directly linked to the hotel lobby. Many of the shopping areas are nearby, not just Platinum Malls, like Central World and Siam Paragon. Good for families to return hotel anytime when they need to easily.

Housekeeping service were good too, everything was in order and replenished accordingly. You might wanna take note that part of the shower area is glass, it can be see through but a curtain can be brought down to increase the privacy.

My family ordered room service for one of the nights, the food arrived promptly and was good too! Breakfast was not bad, you might have to ask for your tea or you will not get your tea. Not much varieties though, but it's relatively delicious!

Need to give my thanks and compliments to Aey (I hope I did not get his name wrong) and another male personnel working in the Lobby area on 8th January, around 5pm. They suggested us to take a walk down to Ratchaprarop station to take the train back to the airport, saving us a lot of time.They could have ignored us when we told them that we were taking train back instead of taxi, but they continued to help us to make our way to the airport.

Thanks, Novotel! Will be back next time!

Room Tip: Rooms are smaller at the ends/corners of the floor. You can always ask for a change if you are uncom...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for your detailed review. We truly appreciate the time you have taken to share your experience and recommend our hotel with other travelers.

We are so happy you had such a great time with us. It is especially great to see that you liked our housekeeping service, the room service and the service delivered by our front office team, who you said assisted you on the 8th of january. Our team really enjoyed taking care of you and your family. I have shared your kind words with our team. They are very grateful.

It was an absolute pleasure having you and your family as our guest.

We all look forward to welcome you back to Novotel Bangkok Platinum Hotel!

Warm regards,