“Overall, a pleasant hotel though something different.....”

Novotel Bangkok Platinum Pratunam
Ranked #75 of 891 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed June 13, 2013

We stayed 4 nights at Novotel Platinum Hotel. Upon our arrival, we were warmly greeted and received by the Concierge. They took our luggages and directed us to proceed to the Reception located on 6th floor. While waiting for check-in, I was offered a glass of refreshing lime juice. However, the juice was not offered to my family members seated nearby.

The room is clean and new. Decor is modern. With an extra bed, we only have space for a big luggage while the cabin sized one will have to be put on the sofa seat. What is shocking (to me) is that there is a see through bathroom, with no lock. We have to ask the bell boy when he delivered the luggage up on how to draw down the blinds. There is no sign near the switch (not a normal looking one) what it is for. Anyway, even after the blinds are drawn, I felt it is still 'visible' if the lights for both the toilet and bathroom are switched on. If only the toilet light is on, it's not too bad (30% visible?). Because of this, I had to bathe in the dark, to be extra 'safe' since I have a young son with me. Overall, the room is clean, bathroom is large, amenities adequate and the housekeeping good, though I would prefer not to bathe in the dark.

We had breakfast every morning at the hotel. The restaurant is spacious. There's variety and quality food available, with some changes to the menu every morning. However, i noticed that the napkins are not cleaned thoroughly (ketchup stains visible) and sometimes, the utensils are not set adequately especially when you sit while they are clearing the table. We will have to ask them to bring a tea spoon, or other utensils they forgot.

We went to look at the swimming pool. It looks so miserable, triangle-shaped pool more for a dip than for a swim. The gym looks so much better.

Although the hotel is besides The Platinum Fashion Mall, they are not connected or sheltered. If it rains heavily, you will need an umbrella or run quickly across. The mall is just round the corner and you have to walk past a cafe which has outdoor seatings for smokers. There's a 24hrs McDonald past the cafe. The Mall closes early at about 8pm. Same for the food court located on the 6th floor. After 8pm, the lights and the elevator will be turned off. If you want late night shopping, this is not the place to be.

There's a Big C Supermarket down the road, opposite Central World. You can get your fruits or tidbits there. Full body massage there cost 720baht for 90mins. Though there may be some other massage places nearby, we did not venture far.

Tuk-tuk costs 100Baht to most attractions nearby. Hotel to Airport costs about 320baht including 70baht for toll which the driver will ask you to pay at the gantry. It takes about 40mins if road condition is good.

This hotel is rather safe. Though there are a lot of people outside, you will not find the locals loitering around.

Overall, we had a pleasant trip.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank just-a-simple-me
Sascha K, Manager at Novotel Bangkok Platinum Pratunam, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2013

Dear valued guest,

Greetings from Novotel Bangkok Platinum. We are happy to see that you overall had a pleasant stay with us and that you took your time to leave such a detailed review on tripadvisor.

I am pleased to see that our concierge team warmly welcomed you and that you appreciated the cleanliness of the room, the variety and changes every day of the breakfast items and our location.

But of course I am disappointed to read about the welcome drink, the blinds in the shower, the switcher of the blinds and your experience during breakfast. I am very sorry that we could not meet your expectations. I have shared this already with our head managers, who will take care of this and work on improvements.

Please be informed in regards to the connection between the hotel and the mall. Our hotel is on the top of Platinum Fashion Mall (Zone 3), which can be easily reached from our lobby on the 6th floor through an escalator to the mall on the 5th floor. In the next month there will be a sky walk between the main Platinum Fashion Mall and the mall (zone 3), which connects both buildings.

Thank you again for your details and we do hope to welcome you back in the very near future.

Novotel Bangkok Platinum

Write a ReviewReviews (3,172)

Reviewed June 12, 2013

I was on holiday with my wife and We were staying at this hotel for 3 nights. I chose this hotel because the location is very good as it near to shopping mall.. The staffs is polite, nice, helpful & the staffs at level one always giving us a welcome smile whenever we are back in the hotel... The only thing I don't really like is every time there is door opening my door will have a bang, it sound like someone is banging on my room door. During the first day of stay my wife was frighten by the sound & i wasn't used to it. you can imagine while u are asleep suddenly come bang on your door.. Mine was a corner room next to emergency exit facing another room and a lift behind a door..

Room Tip: try not to take corner room
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Desmond T
Sascha K, Manager at Novotel Bangkok Platinum Pratunam, responded to this reviewResponded June 21, 2013

Dear valued guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay together with your wife for 3 nights at Novotel Bangkok Platinum on your most recent trip to Bangkok.

Thank you for taking the effort to upload the nice pictures of the view from our hotel.
I was very pleased to read about your great experience with us and to see that you had a memorable time. I have passed on your compliments to the different departments and have in fact personally congratulated our team members during the last team member gathering.

I am sorry for the banging doors. I am currently discussing this with my chief engineer. I appreciate you taking the time to share with us your opinion.

Once again, thank you for your time and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed June 12, 2013

I stayed at the Executive Suite around the Labour Day holiday with my family which included 1 baby and 1 toddler.

On the up side, we appreciated the extra bit of space the suite provided. There were sliding doors to separate the bedroom from the living area which we needed so that the baby can sleep in peace while his sister played outside. We thoroughly enjoyed lazing in the private lounge in the evenings while taking in the views of the city which the 24th level offered. Food was generally okay and service was efficient and cheerful. Location to Central World, Big C and of course the connected Platinum Mall was excellent. Plenty of food within and outside the hotel. Do note though that the foodcourt at Platinum Mall closes at 9pm. Catching a taxi was also easy peesy thanks to the very helpful staff.

On the down side, however, was that the room was not up to scratch. Despite being a new hotel, of all the plug points to be unusable, the one where the kettle was was not working. The windows leaked badly on a rainy day (not that it affected us much, but the mildew which would accumulate would eventually turn someone off!). The size of the suite was smaller than what I expected - we may have been better off getting two connecting rooms.

Also, a stench greets all who enter the ground floor entrance, likely because it is next to a (polluted) canal. Not a good first impression and if I were management, I would do something about the smell. The walk to the nearest Skytrain station and Siam Paragon would have been a bit of a challenge with my kids in tow. Kids room comprised of a ball pit, video games and some tattered books - but this hotel wasn't geared for kids per se so I was content with that.

Having said that, we enjoyed our stay, thanks mainly to many happy hours spent chilling at the lounge and the convenience to nearby shopping and food. But the price paid was a tad high for the room we got.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

Dear guest,

Greetings from Novotel Bangkok Platinum.

Thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to comment on your experience while staying with us.

I was very pleased to read that you felt you were well taken care of by our hotel associates. We are very fortunate to have great staff and they are absolutely the most important asset of our hotel.

It is great to see that you enjoyed the benefits of the Premier Lounge and the location.

Please accept my apologies for the plugs, the kettle and the leak. Our engineer team has already fixed these. Thank you for raising these points.

Once again, thank you for being our guest and we look forward to your return.

Reviewed June 11, 2013

This is my second time staying at the property, after having stayed in other properties previously. I love everything about it. The place, the service, the people, the shopping, the room, the gym, the pool, the breakfast....
To top things off, you can totally adjust the room temperature and it works! I have had a bad time staying in hotels where the temperature cannot be adjusted. But this Novotel Platinum is just the opposite.

Novotel Bangkok Platinum is my definite favourite!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Addie S

Dear valued guest,

First of all thank you very much for your loyalty with Novotel Bangkok Platinum and for your recent stay with us.

Your kind words on the location, our team, the facilities and the breakfast have been passed on to our team. This will certainly motivate them and us all to keep up the good work.

It is great to see that Novotel Bangkok Platinum is your “favorite” hotel and that you “love everything about it”.

May I end by saying that it was a pleasure to serve you at Novotel Bangkok Platinum and we hope to welcome you back in the very near future.

Kind regards,

Reviewed June 11, 2013

I strongly recommend Novotel Platinum. I felt cozy the moment I stepped into the hotel and room. The staff are friendly and indeed it is a land of smiles. I will stay there if I go to Bangkok again. Thumbs up!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Dear Valued Guest,

Warm greetings and thank you for having chosen Novotel Bangkok Platinum as the hotel of choice for your recent stay. We also thank you for having taken the time to share your views of your recent stay at our hotel.

Thank you for your compliments and we appreciate that you strongly recommend Novotel Bangkok Platinum to others.

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Novotel Bangkok Platinum in the near future.

Reviewed June 10, 2013

My family and I had enjoyed our stay in your property which is fabulous as it is easily accessible to the shopping malls. The staff was very hospitable which made us feel very much at home and the morning greetings by the staff, Hom in the restaurant made our days as she is always very clear and cheery in her greetings. My heartfelt thanks to the whole team and staff in Novotel Bangkok Platinum that made this trip so memorable especially for my 2 girls as this is their first trip to Bangkok. I will strongly recommend Novotel to my relatives and friends going to Bangkok.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Sascha K, Manager at Novotel Bangkok Platinum Pratunam, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2013

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for your great 5 star review on tripadvisor and to give us and other reviewers a better view of our hotel.

It is great to read that you enjoyed the location and the hospitality of our team, especially Khun Hom who made your stay special.

I will take the liberty to pass your positive comments to our entire team, who will be delighted to receive your constructive and motivating feedback.

We all hope that we will have the pleasure to welcome you back here again at the Novotel Bangkok Platinum Hotel in the not too distant future.

Warmest Regards,

Reviewed June 10, 2013

If your plan is to shop till u drop and having the convenience to best of all worlds, this is the hotel to go for. Start your day early say about 9 onwards, either having breakfast inside the hotel cafe or take a lift down to the ground floor for more cafes and restaurants, walking distance of no more than 2mins.

After a heavy meal, there's a way to lose it all again. Shop at Platinum Fashion Mall from B1 to 6th floor, this should keep you occupied from morning to night, Whats more? Shop till yuo have no hands to carry? walk back to the hotel, take a lift up to the room and placed them inside you room, and come down for more shopping! Hassle free and stress less shopping environment.

if you could wake up as early as 7am, get across the road to the Pratunam market, there are more cheaper items & at very good bargains. There's no hidden agenda to this, too good to miss the deal for budget hunters. You are sure to shop till you drop, physically! If this isn't the hotel to go for, there's none others you will choose from at this rate.

To sum it up, this hotel rocks!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
1  Thank Anthony W

Dear Guest,

Warm greetings from all of us from Novotel Bangkok Platinum and we thank you for your recent stay with us.
It is a pleasure to read your positive review and it will support our ongoing efforts to deliver excellent service. Of course we will share your comments with our team. We appreciate your compliments on the hotel and our great facilities. It is always gratifying for the whole team to receive your great comments.

It was a real pleasure having you as our guests.

We look forward to welcoming you back for another memorable stay with Novotel Bangkok Platinum.

Best regards