“Sawasdee Khrup, I love Novotel Bangkok Platinum”

Novotel Bangkok Platinum Pratunam
Ranked #76 of 852 Hotels in Bangkok
Medan
“Sawasdee Khrup, I love Novotel Bangkok Platinum”
Reviewed April 21, 2013

I stayed at Novotel Bangkok Platinum on 17 April 2013 - 18 April 2013. Room 1702.
This is my comment :
- Hotel staffs especially the Receptionist staffs name Mr. SEK and Miss PUMP is super nice, warm, and friendly (Ten thumbs up for Mr.SEK and Miss PUMP)
- Welcome drink is very delicious
- Hotel Lobby interior is modern and pretty
- Hotel facility such as gym, swimming pool, meeting room, bar, restaurant is Excellent
- Hotel room is super nice, very clean and smell good
- Bed is very good
- Bathroom is very clean and neat
- Iron and iron bar is provided also inside the bedroom
- Mini bar is good
- Free WIFI, LED TV
- Excellent View from bedroom
- Easy to look for public transport such as Taxi, Tuk Tuk, Motorbike taxi
- Easy to look for food outside hotel such as McDonald, KFC, Dunkin Donut, local thai street food, etc
- A few steps to 7/11 convenience store and a lot of money changer
- Location is Excellent. Hotel just beside Platinum Fashion Mal, Palladium Fashion Mal, IT Mal, Wholesale fashion market, etc
- 10 Minutes walk to big shopping mal such as Central World, Siam Paragon, MBK, Siam Center, Siam Discovery
- 10 Minutes walk to nearest BTS station (BTS Chit Lom)

Kob Khun Khrub Novotel Bangkok Platinum

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Irwanwijaya
Sascha K, Manager at Novotel Bangkok Platinum Pratunam, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Dear valued guest,

Greetings from Novotel Bangkok Platinum.

It is great to see that you more than enjoyed your time with us.

Also thank you so much for your feedback and suggestions on several points in the hotel, I will definitely share with the team, especially Khun Sek and Khun Pump, and ensure that our hotel provides quality products and services.

Thank you again for leaving such a detailed review for us and other guests. We all hope to have the chance to welcome you back in the very near future.

Best Regards

Novotel Bangkok Platinum Hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (463)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Vietnamese first
Reviewed April 20, 2013

room was generally comfortable and clean. location is near all the shopping malls. was here for a business trip. the management mixed up our rooms and charged us for printing in their business room which we did not use. the room was great but their management skill wasn't up to standard probably because they were still quite new. The blinds to our bathroom dropped down in the middle of the night and they managed to fix it the next day. Breakfast was good with a wide selection of intercontinental buffet.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Dear valued guest,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Novotel Bangkok Platinum through the TripAdvisor and thank you for pointing out the comfortable/ clean rooms and the breakfast.

I am sorry for your experience with the mixed up rooms, the charge for the business room use and the blinds in the bathroom.

Bandung
Reviewed April 20, 2013

i enjoy stay at novotel, near for shopping, so many place to go eat, the leep quality is the best, i like the welcome drink, i like the room very comfortable and i can sleep very well but they dont have a pretty nice looking for the entrance at the first floor

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback on tripadvisor and to rate us with 5 points. The whole team of Novotel Bangkok Platinum more than happy to see this.

We very much appreciate your comments on our welcome drink, the location and the room. Thank you for this.
We have also taken note regarding to your added feedback related to the entrance at the first floor.

Thank you for taking the time to help to improve us and we do hope to welcome you back in the very near future.

Reviewed April 19, 2013

The chk in/out reception need to be staffed adequately. It takes way too long for such simple process to complete. Really need to be enhanced.
The worst is the concierge service at ground level, they don even bother to help u get a cab when u need to ge to the airport. They look stress and overwhelm as there are way too many guests with the same request, in the end h
They jus tell u it's faster to walk out in th hit sun with yr luggage and flag a cab herself on the main road.

Dear valued guest,

I certainly appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback. It is our goal to consistently ensure our facilities and services are efficient and on-brand.

I apologize for the inconvenience with the check in/ out procedure, which I have discussed already with my front office manager who will ensure to speed up the check in/ out procedure.

In regards to the concierge who tried to catch a taxi for you, could you kindly email (h7272-gm2@accor.com) me some more details as I would like to investigate personally with our concierge team.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention as this allows us to improve ourselves. We do hope to have the pleasure in welcoming you back to Novotel Bangkok Platinum.

Reviewed April 17, 2013

I recently checked into Novotel Bangkok Platinum during the Songkran weekend with a bunch of friends. (Btw, bad timing to be in Bangkok if you are there for shopping trip. Great if you are there for the water/mud fun).

Service at arrival was really great, fuss free and quick. Check-in was also handled very smoothly considering we are a big group of 20. Unfortunately, all our key cards did not work and we had to go all the way down to the lobby to get our cards checked and re-programmed. When we reach our room floor, to our frustration the key cards were not working still, and we are all stuck outside our room. There is no lobby phone, thank God for the Housekeeping maid who was cleaning a room nearby, with our sign language we managed to seek assistance in getting a FO staff up to our floors (we were staying on different floors) to check. After more waiting, we were glad that the key cards finally worked and we could enter our room.

Room is fairly large, clean and I was surprized to find iron/iron-board in my cupboard. Most of the regular amenities are in place.

Bathroom: There is no bathtub, but the the standing bath is great once you get the hang of how to adjust the water temperature.

Welcome/turndown: There is no welcome amenities/fruits and no turndown service.

Pool/gym: There is a good size gym with a good variety of equipments, so be sure to bring along exercise gears. The pool is a small which makes it disappointing, however, the decor makes up to it.

Breakfast: Our package is inclusive of buffet breakfast. There is a good selection and overall yummy.... A good meal to start the day. Hmmmm.... makes me a happy person.... Coffee is lousy, so stick to tea.

Location: hotel location is great, there's foodcourts and restaurants readily available in nearby shopping centres and also local roadside stalls. Lots of great shopping within walking distance (do remember to bargain) and a metro station just about 10mins walk away from the hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Sascha K, Manager at Novotel Bangkok Platinum Pratunam, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
Dear valued guest,

Many thanks for your kind review, which is indeed very detailed and gives other guests a better picture about our hotel! It is great to see that you decided to stay with us during the Songkran Thai festival.

I am glad to know that you had such an amazing time and have thoroughly enjoyed the hotel and services.

I have noted your kind comments on the rooms, bathroom, pool/ gym, breakfast and indeed our great location.

Please accept my apologies regarding the key, but I am happy to see that our housekeeping maid could assist you in this case.

I will pass on your much appreciated comments onto our team who will be more than happy to see that their work is being appreciated.

I do hope you will have another opportunity to stay with us. Please keep in touch and let us know if there is ever anything we can do to be of assistance.

Kolkata
Reviewed April 17, 2013

Good experience overall. Although room service deteriorated after the first day. Overall a very good property and good value for money. the attached mall is nice owing to good shoes & bags being available there!
The view from the higher floor was also quite nice, so ask for one the next time you stay there!

Room Tip: ASk for a higher floor. View is nice.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Saurabhkedia
Dear Valued Guest,

Greetings from Novotel Bangkok Platinum and thank you for your valuable time to share your experience to other guests and us.

It was a great pleasure to read that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel, and thank you for your kind words on the nice view.

I have taken the liberty to pass on these compliments to the entire team.

Could you kindly give me by email (h7272-gm2@accor.com) give me some more details about your experience with the room service so I could follow up with our team.

Thank you once again for choosing Novotel Bangkok Platinum to spend your time in Bangkok and we very much look forward to welcome you back to Novotel Bangkok Platinum.

Warm regards

New Delhi, India
Reviewed April 17, 2013

I decided to try out this hotel since I was travelling with my Wife and kid. For the record this is maybe the 6th or 7th holiday we planned in bangkok so we are pretty aware of what to expect and what not to expect from Thai hotels.

Booked an EXECUTIVE ROOM for the first 2 nights followed by 5 nights in EXECUTIVE SUITE, for a total of 7 nights.

Overall Excellent stay and loved the experience. My family thoroughly enjoyed their stay. Everything was a 10 until check-out, when during check out on the 26th floor, one of the front desk executive Ms. JEEP kept insisting that we have used a candy bar from the mini bar and even after telling her there must be some human error she insisted that we have used it. Now I stayed for a total for 7 nights plus a lot of in room dining so I really dont need to lie about a 100 bhat candy bar. But her insistence and the way she frowned upon before finally reversing the charges is what really spoilt my overall experience.

I think such employees need to be sensitized about certain scenarios and should really consider a guest profile before actually making a statement.

I hope the management can look into this and take corrective measures.

Everything else was just perfect and this is an awesome location if you are travelling with kids and you wanna enjoy shopping at the same time.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

1 Thank Globetrotter1980-25
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to give us your feedback on tripadvisor. It is great to see that you very much enjoyed your stay until your check out.

But of course I am very disappointed to read about the case with the minibar which I totally agree with you should not happen. Please do accept my apologies for this.

We take this very serious and my front office manager and myself have talked to our team member already. Thank you that you have brought this to my attention.

Again, please do accept my apologies, and rest assured that I will do everything to ensure it never happens again.