“Very Good in Executive Suite.”

Novotel Bangkok Platinum Pratunam
Ranked #79 of 868 Hotels in Bangkok
Bangkok, Thailand
“Very Good in Executive Suite.”
Reviewed February 28, 2013

In this time,
Service of Executive Lounge Reception Staff is 5 stars, but in Lobby Receptionist is normal to good. However I appreciate 1 receptionist at lobby to remember my name and face in time of check-in.Moreover, my message to hotel in booking system were prepared.
Location is VGood but traffic jam. I very like bedding in this hotel, eg. pillow, pillow cover, bed cover.
My room use Low-E glass, no outside sound to disturb me but in afternoon must close blinds.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank RealStay
Sascha K, Manager at Novotel Bangkok Platinum Pratunam, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Dear valued guest,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Novotel Bangkok Platinum. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

It is great to see that you enjoyed the service in the Premier Lounge, the very central location, the bedding and the window glasses, which prevent noise going into the room from outside.

Warmest Regards,

Executive Assistant Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (479)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Vietnamese first
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed February 26, 2013

The location of Novotel Platinum Hotel is great but it is the most horrible hotel experience that I ever experienced. The hotel staffs collude with taxi drivers. We tried to get a taxi via meter but despite waiting 2 days in a row, none of the taxi is willing to take us. While we are leaving for the airport, we told the hotel staff that we want a taxi with meter but instead of telling the taxi driver to use the meter, the hotel staff actually assist the taxi drivers to bargain with us. The most frightening part is, on our way out of the hotel, the security staff stop our taxi and extorted money from the taxi driver right in front of our eyes, resulting that the taxi driver tried to extort more money from us during our journey. During the 3 days stay, I realised that the bell boys at the ground floor was all busy talking among themselves instead of serving the hotel guest. I will probably not go back for another day or recommend my friends & family to stay there as I don't feel "safe" staying with the hotel.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
4 Thank J0Lzz
Sascha K, Manager at Novotel Bangkok Platinum Pratunam, responded to this review, March 8, 2013
Dear valued guest,

Greetings from Novotel Bangkok Platinum and thank you for staying with us recently.

On the other hand it is with deep regret that we have acknowledged your feedback on the taxi you took in front of our hotel.

I was very disappointed to see that you experienced such a case with a taxi driver close to our hotel. Could you kindly email to me (h7272-gm2@accor.com) more details about your incidents so I can immediately follow up on this. We take such matters very seriously.

All of the ground around Platinum and the hotel are managed by the Fashion Mall. Once I have more information, I can liaise with the necessary parties to ensure such practices are not tolerated or carried out. Nevertheless I know that this does not reflect well on the hotell and for this case pleae accept my apologies.

Thank you once again for sharing this information with us. I will personally be managing this case and ensuring the necessary actions are taken. I look forward to hearing from you shortly.

Novotel Bangkok Platinum
surrey
Reviewed February 25, 2013

lovely new hotel, right next to the mall, and central for all the shopping district, staff very nice, bit of a walk from the station, so get a taxi from railway. room clean and bright, very comfy beds. concierge very knowlegeable,. Hotel on corner so good for getting taxis

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank katiebiks
Sascha K, Manager at Novotel Bangkok Platinum Pratunam, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
Dear Guest,

We are very delighted to know that you have had a great time at Novotel Bangkok Platinum Hotel and that you shared your comments with us and other guests.

We have shared your feedback with our team, especially with the concierge team who impressed you with their knowledge.

I am sure this will motivate our team to keep up the good service and to continue giving our best in order to satisfy the needs of all our guests like you.

We hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back to the Novotel Bangkok Platinum in the near future.

Kindest Regards

Singapore
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Our two families stayed there for 3 nights during the CNY period.Wow!we were alloted rooms on the 22nd floor,facing Central World.The rooms are large and distictly decorated,and the air-conditioning is strong.The breakfast is a sumptuous spread with ample sitting space for you to eat in comfort.Their staff are courteous and many of them speak good English.

Since it is only a five minutes walk to Central World,and from there you could walk through to reach The Siam BTS;it is a most convenient place to stay in.Of course,being a new hotel,needless to say,everything is sparkling clean and attractive.

Would stay there again on our next visit.

Room Tip: Stay at the higher floor.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank HFLeong
Dear guest,

Thank you for staying with your family at the Novotel Bangkok Platinum Hotel and I appreciate your constructive feedback towards your experience at the hotel.

I was most pleased to read you highlighting our rooms, the sumptuous spread of the breakfast, the courteous staff and indeed the very central location just beside Central World. I will certainly share the recognition with my team that they deserve.
Thank you once again for choosing Novotel Bangkok Platinum to spend your time in Bangkok and we very much look forward to welcome you back home to our hotel.

Warmest Regards,

Reviewed February 22, 2013

Bad design of the room , very small room, bathtub . Got a small accident at the lobby , the manager did not compensate anything, not even a lunch out of courtesy . Service lousy no doubt good location . Difficult to do packing of luggage especially if you buy a lit of things.

• Stayed February 2013
3 Thank Lindatay88
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your constructive feedback and my most sincere apologies for the unpleasant experience with your accident in the lobby. We understand that you walked into a fixed panel of glass in our ground lobby. Following up on your unfortunate incident I believe our staff assisted you with some ice.

In regards to the service could you kindly email me at h7272-gm2@accor.com, the areas of service that you felt were below standard.

Once again, our sincere apologies for the shortcomings and we welcome another opportunity to serve you again with a more positive stay experience.

Warmest Regards

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed February 22, 2013

The hotel is great with good service and facilites.But it is too far from BTS without tuk tuk or shuttle to link with.The only better way is take a taxi but that area is whole day traffic jamming.
Staff are mostly polite and professional .Special thanks to Ms Astrid took me to hospital when i was very sick during my stay in hotel,with a real caring and helpful attitude to customers.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Dear guest,

Warm greetings and thank you having chosen Novotel Platinum Bangkok Hotel as the hotel of choice for your recent stay. We also thank you for having taken the time to share your feedback of your experience on Trip Advisor.

We are pleased to learn that you enjoyed your stay and that the service and facilities of the hotel made your stay a memorable and enjoyable experience for you. It is such a pleasure to receive such positive suggestion and you may rest assured that we will most certainly strive to maintain if not further improve upon our standards.

Once again thank you and we look forward to welcoming you and your family back to Novotel Bangkok Platinum soon.

With kind regards,