“PERFECT! <3”

Novotel Bangkok Platinum Pratunam
Ranked #72 of 887 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed December 17, 2012

It's our first time in Bangkok and I really don't have a clue with what to expect or where to go, where to book. My family went there 2 years ago without me (since my work leaves were not approved) and booked a hotel through Agoda... I did the same thing and found Novotel Platinum Hotel. I thought that it's the perfect hotel for us since based on description, it's new, it's a few blocks away from the BTS stations and just above the famous Platinum Fashion Mall.

It was my first time to book online through a 3rd party site and my concern was that since we booked really early, there might be some issues with booking confirmation or whatever so I checked through Novotel and I was really impressed since even if I didn't book directly through them, they still emailed a copy of the booking confirmation!

on the day of our arrival Dec. 14 (WE ARRIVED PAST MIDNIGHT) and we were expecting that the service might not be that good BUT AGAIN I was wrong. The lovely lady at the front desk (I remember her name well, Som) was all smiles and very helpful with our check in! It was the smoothest check-in ever!

I read about issues from previous reviews about lost valuables... Id like to share something about that... day 2 of our stay we decided to have our room cleaned and since we were in a hurry we forgot to keep our electronics in the safe... (an iPad, a camera, my husbands watch, and some other stuff) and I was very happy because when we got back, our room is clean and even our electronics are arranged well in the table... I'm not saying that this hotel is perfect and free from thieves or whatever, we still have to be careful with our belongings but I was really happy that nothing was missing.

more PROs:
1. had some problem trying to reach our tour guide but the guys from the concierge were very happy to help out in reaching him.
2. since our flight back to manila is at 12mn and checkout is at 12nn, it was easy for us to use that time to do some more shopping. no worries about smelling bad in the airport since the staff of novotel told us that we could use the pool lockers to take a shower ^_^
3. at first we were surprised at the design of the room (shower is divided by glass wall and can be seen outside) but later we found out that theres actually a switch where a cover would roll down from the ceiling ... really cool hehehe
4. need to shop? zone 3 of platinum fashion mall is just an escalator ride from the hotel lobby
5. LOVEd the bed! super comfy!
6. in room authentic thai massage! (though this hotel doesn't have a spa, they have brochures in the concierge desk) i initially planned to experience an authentic thai massage at wat po but since we were in a hurry i just decided to try out the brochure handed to me by one of the guys from concierge (i think that guy felt i needed a massage since i told them i got really tired from our jatujak experience) in less than 10 mins the lady was at the door and from there I HAD THE BESSST THAI MASSAGE EVVERR! loved it!

CONS:
1. this isn't really an issue but the breakfast choices are the same everyday.... but yeah. no issue here really hehehe
2. 15min walk from BTS chit lom, 20min walk from BTS siam. again not a big deal since hubby and i love to walk around though its going to be a huge challenge especially when you've been out the whole day then this 15-20 min walk could mean tired SORE feet.

Suggestions: a shuttle to a nearby stop would've made this stay PERFECT! i hope this hotel would offer this kind of service... like a free shuttle to the nearby BTS stations or malls, or airport link.

so yeah.... LOVE NOVOTEL PLATINUM! definitely coming back!

PS. i was talking with a friend who also stayed at NOVOTEL PLATINUM and she too was super happy with this hotel! We're looking forward to coming back to bangkok and staying here AGAIN! definitely recommending to others!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank nijen
Sascha K, Manager at Novotel Bangkok Platinum Pratunam, responded to this reviewResponded December 19, 2012

Dear nijen,

Delightful greetings from Novotel Bangkok Platinum!

Firstly allow me to thank you for your positive review and that you have taken the time to rate us on tripadvisor.com and give every reviewer the chance to get a better picture of our property. That you will definitely recommend our hotel to others is very much appreciated.

Second, on behalf of my entire team at Novotel Platinum Hotel, I would like to sincerely thank you for choosing to stay with us. It was a pleasure to have you as our guest.

It is always a great pleasure and extremely rewarding to receive positive and encouraging remarks such as yours. The biggest compliment of course is to learn that we exceeded your expectations and that you enjoyed your time with us.

I have taken the liberty to pass on these compliments to the entire team which will be delighted to learn that their work is being appreciated. Becoming part of our big "Regular Guest Family" would be the best compliment for us.

Thank you once again for choosing Novotel Bangkok Platinum Hotel to spend your time and we very much look forward to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year 2013!

Reviewed December 17, 2012

This was my first trip to BKK from SIN. A business trip at that, the hotel choice was my client's to make. Was here on a 3N stay from 3rd Sep to 6th Sep.

First impression of the hotel was of the 3 relatively small lifts that serve the entire hotel. The 3 small lifts would bring you to the 6th floor where the actual reception is. We were ushered to the Platinum Lounge with a welcome drink to chill out while we wait for check-in procedures to be done. The staff there were bright, friendly, and with relatively okay English that wasn't hard to understand.

I was allocated Room 2004, which had a stunning view of the sunset with evening peak hour traffic. Room amenities were great, all the necessary stuff like hot drinks, mini-bar, large walking area for both the room and bathroom. The shower area has a rain-shower plus separate shower head, with a open-concept (never got my head around that thing). Toilet was in a separate cubicle. Very clean, neat and tidy, even under the bed was good. Overall: 5/5.

Internet connectivity is complimentary. Connectivity is via WIFI, enter your Room Number and password. You kinda need to call the reception to get your room password, apparently the default might be your Last Name or First Name, can't remember which. There's a also a LAN line which provides much faster access to the Internet as well. However, you can only connect 1 device at a time to either WIFI OR LAN. So what I did was to share the connection via LAN on my MBP via Airport Sharing to my iPhone and iPad. Novotel needs to sort that out because as business travelers of this day and age, we do travel with more than one device that requires Internet connectivity. Bit of a snag there, but otherwise quite alright.
Alternatively, you can get a Pre-Paid SIM card from local telcos at cheap rates, even with data, at the airport.
The network within Novotel Platinum BKK is an open network. Meaning you can see other computers or devices connected to the same network. Some poor dude in another room accidentally AirPlay-ed his entire iPad screen to my MBP while I was working halfway. Might need a little fix on their security protocols there.

Beds and linen were comfy. Sleep quality was great as well, silent aircon, but potentially chilly at night if you set it too low. I woke up on the first day thinking I was in Siberia, and that was only 20 degrees Cel.

TV was good, lots of channels both local, international and cable. But didn't have a change to gauge it's quality because of work. Working space is relatively okay, enough for a laptop, ext desktop HDD and several other paperwork docs.

The in-room safe can be locked via swiping a card, which is good for people like me who have problems remembering impromptu numbers like this.

Mini-bar drinks can be a little pricey, but then again it's a hotel. There's a supermarket "Big C" across the river from the hotel if you need groceries. 2 bottles of complimentary water are provided daily, which is great.

Daily breakfast is awesome. Great spread of a variety of foods. Largely American breakfast with ham, cheese, cereals, breads, croissants, coffee, tea, juices, sausages etc. There's also a congee station and a noodle soup station. Both of which I've tried on various days, and both very nice too.
Alternatively, there's a McDonalds just downstairs if you need a more familiar taste of food for breakfast or supper. Think it's non-halal though, saw something like a "Pork Samurai Burger" if my eyes weren't fooling me.

Staff at the first-floor welcome area were nice too. The pick up area is small, but at least the staff help you to stay dry when getting into cars and vans. It's quite oddly located too because many would think that it's a walking area instead of a road. The entrance faces the traffic junction, but with no direct road access to said junction. Hence the small pick-up area.

The staff at the main reception on the 6th floor were courteous and friendly too, regardless of time of day. My colleague and I had problems topping up our pre-paid telco cards so the staff helped us with it, with no complaints, with a smile, even past midnight.

The Platinum Lounge is a nice upbeat modern chillout place. Small live band playing slow hits fills the great atmosphere. No jazzy or crazy karaoke singing too. Not loud, which is good for people taking a chill or having a business discussion. The food, cocktails and mocktails are great too. Onion rings are a must-try. Haven't had one of those freshly skinned onion rings for a while.

I however did not use the hotel's own business meeting rooms or halls. No reviews on that.

One small complaint:
Was out for a couple of hours for dinner on the 3rd night. Came back to the toilet cubicle smelling of cigarette smoke. Now, I don't smoke, and I don't know who accessed my room. But nothing was missing or out of place, and only the cubicle was affected, the shower and toilet area was fine.
I hope it's not a staff who's desperate for a smoke break. But it might help if Novotel had some sort of protocol with employees taking smoke breaks in the rooms of their guests.

Overall, it's an Accor Hotel. Maintains it's standard, great service, great staff. And the location is like icing on the cake. Relatively accessible via the chartered van we hired, close to the highway to the airport.
It's a Novotel, I'm sure you can be assured of it's standards it holds. Though a little pricey I believe, about USD160 a night during peak periods. But other than that, great place to stay in.

Room Tip: Rooms get a little chilly at night. Doesn't matter which rooms you get cos you kinda get a nice...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank iUnspoken

Dear iUnspoken,

Warm greetings and thank you having chosen Novotel Bangkok Platinum Hotel as the hotel of choice and for having taking time to share your feedback in Trip Advisor relating to your recent stay at Novotel Bangkok Platinum.

It will be a great pleasure to share your comments to the entire team and I am sure this will be a great motivation to them. We are delighted to learn that you enjoyed eating at

In regards to our WIFI system in the rooms, we do provide a closed network which ensures the security for our guests is given. It is not possible to see other computers. Additional at Novotel Bangkok Platinum Hotel it is possible to use several devices at the same time in the rooms. Therefore it is possible for our business guests or for a family to enjoy our free WIFI (LAN cable) in the room independent on the amount of devices used in the room.

We really appreciate your feedback and every issue you raised we will look into. Attention to detail is very important to us. Direct steps for improvement will be taken wherever necessary in the areas highlighted.

Again many thanks and we sincerely hope that we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back again in the not too distant future.

All the best wishes for Christmas and Happy New Year 2013!

Reviewed December 16, 2012 via mobile

Had a stay for 3 nights here, generally the environment of hotel is new & feel comfy. Located beside Platinum Fashion Mall and within walking distance to other malls is convenient to shopaholic . However , nearest BTS(Siam station) would took 15-20 min of walking distance which might a bit inconvenience after the whole day hustle. If
Money would not an issue, cab will be easily get infront of hotel.

• Stayed: December 2012

Dear Lawrencesssss,

Thank you very much for the time you took to leave an review of our hotel.

We are very proud to read that you enjoyed our facilities at the hotel. It is most rewarding for us and our Team Member to get such a nice feedback and it encourages us to continue with our work and efforts.
Again many thanks and we sincerely hope that we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back here at the Novotel Bangkok Platinum Hotel.

All the best wishes for Christmas and Happy New Year 2013!

Kind regards,

An Accor traveler
Singapore
Reviewed December 16, 2012

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Sascha K, Manager at Novotel Bangkok Platinum Pratunam, responded to this reviewResponded December 18, 2012

Reviewed December 13, 2012

Stayed here for 5 nights in Sept 2012 and the hotel has everything you need. Good prices, great restaurants, staff and bars. Rooms very comfy. Stayed in a club room so had access to club happy hours and food and believe me they did turn it on at that time. Attached to the Plainum Mall for great shopping - Highly reccommended and will stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Aussie_G_123,

It’s been a pleasure having you here and I would like to thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to share your feedback here on tripadvisor.

I am glad to know that you had such an amazing time and have thoroughly enjoyed the hotel and services.

I have noted your kind comments on our Premier Lounge benefits, which are extend to guests who have booked a Executive room or Executive Suite.

I will pass on your much appreciated comments on our restaurant and staff to our team.

I hope to welcome you back here at Novotel Platinum Hotel.

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year!

Reviewed December 13, 2012

As this was my first time staying at this hotel with my family , their room is very clean and love the design of the hotel except that the bathroom is an open concept which can be seen from outside . But anyway the toilet was in a room with a door ! so cool ! Their Breakfast was very awesome also !They have also welcome drink when we check-in for our hotel room ! They also provide free computer usage at their lobby area and using with mac computer ! Also , it was a great convinient space for shopping as they have a escalator link the the platinum fashion mall ! Really love this place as it provides everything we want !

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family

Dear VERNONDBT,

Thank you very much for your time to write and share your experience during your stay at Novotel Platinum Hotel.

As a well traveled guest, your comments are valuable in helping us to maintain a high level of service and to ensure that your expectations are met each visit. I'm delighted to read that you had a great time with us enjoying the room, breakfast, welcome drink and the computers in the lobby. I will make sure this is shared with our team.

Thanks for pointing out the great facilities of Novotel.

Once again thank you for your valuable feedback and suggestions. If your travels bring you back to Bangkok, we would be delighted to welcome you back.

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year!

Best Regards

Reviewed December 12, 2012

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Sascha K, Manager at Novotel Bangkok Platinum Pratunam, responded to this reviewResponded December 13, 2012