It's our first time in Bangkok and I really don't have a clue with what to expect or where to go, where to book. My family went there 2 years ago without me (since my work leaves were not approved) and booked a hotel through Agoda... I did the same thing and found Novotel Platinum Hotel. I thought that it's the perfect hotel for us since based on description, it's new, it's a few blocks away from the BTS stations and just above the famous Platinum Fashion Mall.
It was my first time to book online through a 3rd party site and my concern was that since we booked really early, there might be some issues with booking confirmation or whatever so I checked through Novotel and I was really impressed since even if I didn't book directly through them, they still emailed a copy of the booking confirmation!
on the day of our arrival Dec. 14 (WE ARRIVED PAST MIDNIGHT) and we were expecting that the service might not be that good BUT AGAIN I was wrong. The lovely lady at the front desk (I remember her name well, Som) was all smiles and very helpful with our check in! It was the smoothest check-in ever!
I read about issues from previous reviews about lost valuables... Id like to share something about that... day 2 of our stay we decided to have our room cleaned and since we were in a hurry we forgot to keep our electronics in the safe... (an iPad, a camera, my husbands watch, and some other stuff) and I was very happy because when we got back, our room is clean and even our electronics are arranged well in the table... I'm not saying that this hotel is perfect and free from thieves or whatever, we still have to be careful with our belongings but I was really happy that nothing was missing.
1. had some problem trying to reach our tour guide but the guys from the concierge were very happy to help out in reaching him.
2. since our flight back to manila is at 12mn and checkout is at 12nn, it was easy for us to use that time to do some more shopping. no worries about smelling bad in the airport since the staff of novotel told us that we could use the pool lockers to take a shower ^_^
3. at first we were surprised at the design of the room (shower is divided by glass wall and can be seen outside) but later we found out that theres actually a switch where a cover would roll down from the ceiling ... really cool hehehe
4. need to shop? zone 3 of platinum fashion mall is just an escalator ride from the hotel lobby
5. LOVEd the bed! super comfy!
6. in room authentic thai massage! (though this hotel doesn't have a spa, they have brochures in the concierge desk) i initially planned to experience an authentic thai massage at wat po but since we were in a hurry i just decided to try out the brochure handed to me by one of the guys from concierge (i think that guy felt i needed a massage since i told them i got really tired from our jatujak experience) in less than 10 mins the lady was at the door and from there I HAD THE BESSST THAI MASSAGE EVVERR! loved it!
1. this isn't really an issue but the breakfast choices are the same everyday.... but yeah. no issue here really hehehe
2. 15min walk from BTS chit lom, 20min walk from BTS siam. again not a big deal since hubby and i love to walk around though its going to be a huge challenge especially when you've been out the whole day then this 15-20 min walk could mean tired SORE feet.
Suggestions: a shuttle to a nearby stop would've made this stay PERFECT! i hope this hotel would offer this kind of service... like a free shuttle to the nearby BTS stations or malls, or airport link.
so yeah.... LOVE NOVOTEL PLATINUM! definitely coming back!
PS. i was talking with a friend who also stayed at NOVOTEL PLATINUM and she too was super happy with this hotel! We're looking forward to coming back to bangkok and staying here AGAIN! definitely recommending to others!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Blending comfort and technology, Novotel Bangkok Platinum is the perfect choice for your next holiday or business trip. Located in Bangkok's vibrant fashion & shopping district, the hotel is on top of the Platinum Fashion Mall, a short walk from CentralWorld, Siam Square & Siam Paragon, connected via Bangkok Skyline to BTS station Chidlom and a quick drive from the airport railway link. Featuring 288 well designed rooms, Novotel Bangkok Platinum offers two bars and one international restaurant "The SQUARE", three meeting rooms & one ballroom, free Wifi internet & Imac corner, outdoor infinity swimming pool, wellness & fitness center as well as access to an indoor secured car park. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, Splitty, Travelocity, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Cancelon and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Novotel Bangkok Platinum Pratunam reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Novotel Bangkok Platinum Hotel Bangkok