“Not so satisfied”

Ranked #82 of 879 Hotels in Bangkok
A TripAdvisor Member
Chonburi, Thailand
Reviewed February 11, 2012

The hotel is good located on the top of the Platinum Fashion Mall but the organisation is bad. We came by car. No signs for a drop off or where to check in. No consierge or lower lobby. The parking is shared with other visitors of the mall. The hotel reserved parkings were full. No signs for a hotel entrance. We had to take care of our luggage by ourselves from the parking to the room. The rooms are new and funktional. The staff at the breakfast buffet "unmotivated". There are better hotels in the area.

2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Sagar N, General Manager at Novotel Bangkok Platinum Pratunam, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent feedback on Tripadvisor.

I completely understand your point about the parking facilties. The parking is shared between us and the Fashion Mall but we have some reserved spaces for our guests. In addition, I do accept your point on the signage. We are looking at adding some temporary signage to direct our guests better until the permanent signage is installed.
We do however offer both porterage and valet parking should our guests want to arrive to the front of our hotel, drop off their luggage and check-in. I hope that the future signage will make this more clear.
On your final point about our breakfast staff being unmotivated, I apologise if this is the feeling that was conveyed. Our team are there to serve our guests with a smile and efficient service. I have already spoken to our Restaurant Manager about your feedback.
I hope we will have the chance to invite you back soon to Novotel Bangkok Platinum and hope we will have the chance to restore your faith in our service abilities.

There are newer reviews for Novotel Bangkok Platinum Pratunam

Reviewed February 9, 2012

This is hotel was amazing, my mother and I stayed here on our trip in Bangkok and could not have been more pleased. The property is located above a mall on the 6th level and is very new and clean. The rooms were large and bright with loads of closet space. The washroom is very large and is sealed by glass walls - they are equipped with blinds but still remain a bit transparent. There is a buffet style breakfast but I did notice there wasn't too much of a selection but nevertheless the food is very good. Great location as it is a 5 min walk from the legendary Central World and only seconds away from Platinum Fashion Mall (which honestly has the best stuff).

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Thespena K

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent positive and excellent feedback regarding your recent stay.

I will surely pass on your comments to our teams.

I look forward to having you stay with us again on your next visit to Bangkok.

Reviewed February 8, 2012

Terrible service, understaffed, undertrained. Quakity and design of room done without a thought.Gives Thailand's and Accor Group service standard a bad name.

Don't know where to start...

From horrendous checkbin procedure to spilt coffee every single time at the cafe to cheap room furnishing , minimal toiletries...

There was even an instance when a hotel staff came into the lift I was in where I had to hold the door open for her to get in. And she didn't even smile or say hi or anything. Just looked straight ahead till her floor and got out, again not even a smile or greeting. Unbelievable! Never encountered before in any part of the world that I have been in.

Shame on you Novotel!!

• Stayed: February 2012
7  Thank Jojo R

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent feedback on Tripadvisor.

We quite clearly did not deliver the service levels that we pride ourselves on.

From your review, there appear to be many areas which under-performed and under-delivered. If you have the time to detail some of these areas to me on H7272-GM1@accor.com I would be very grateful. This will help us understand where we failed in our service delivery.

In respect to the the room design, this is a worldwide Novotel design which was done by French designers, materials sourced from Malaysia and fitted by a Singaporean Interior Company. When you visit a new Novotel, you will now find this to be the new bedroom design.

In respect to Amenities, you will also find the same amenities in every Novotel in the world. It is not specific to our hotel. I will feedback your comments regarding room design and amenities back to our Corporate Office.

Finally, please accept my apologies for the lack of service and warmth you experienced during your stay. Service with a smile is a simple philosophy all team members must possess and we failed in this respect when our team interacted with you.

It is only with feedback that we can continue to improve our service levels and deliver the high standards that we pride oursleves on.

Reviewed February 7, 2012

this hotel is fabulous!
Very new, right next to Platinum mall and is connected to the new wing/annex of Platinum mall.
Very nice toilet with separate shower and toilet. No bathtub in my room. Downside was that the blinds for the see thru toilet was really translucent! You can see the silouhette of the person bathing inside. Room was also dim with the limited lighting points giving dim lights.
Beds are fluffy and nice.
No problems with the reception desk and concierge for my queries.
The pool and gym looks good too!
I would definitely be back again provided no price increases!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank travelaholic-1313

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent positive feedback regarding your stay. I am pleased that you will be back and will choose Novotel Bangkok Platinum for your next stay.

In regards to the bathroom blind, several guests have commented on the semi-blackout nature of the blind between the bathroom and bedroom.

We are currently discussing solutions to resolve this matter with the designers.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed February 7, 2012

The hotel is a very new and nicely designed place, close to the shopping and business district. The rooms are clean, comfortable, they have a friendly design, are clean and we had space enough for two with really large suitcases.
We tried the bar twice, ate breakfast at the hotel and had some late night snacks as well...all of that was really good, especially the well mixed cocktails.
The staff was very friendly at all times and check-in went quickly. Although we were kind of early that day, we could get our room keys right away. That's first for me in Thailand.

Overall, a Novotel that exceeded all my expectations!

2  Thank Matt_Fr
Sagar N, General Manager at Novotel Bangkok Platinum Pratunam, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent review on Tripadvisor and your postive comments relating to our team, service, and facilities.

We hope to invite you back in the near future to Novotel Bangkok Platinum.

Reviewed February 6, 2012

I am very disappointed with this hotel! I left my necklace inside the room and when I came back from shopping, It was nowhere to be seen. I called the hotel manager to inform her of the situation and they could not offer any help whatsoever. Only thing they can say is they are sorry that it happened. I am a frequent traveller, and this is the FIRST TIME i lost my jewelry inside a hotel room. I DO NOT RECOMMEND NOVOTEL BANGKOK PLATINUM. Scroll down to see a similar incident where a lady lost her watch. BEWARE OF THIS HOTEL! They do not screen their hotel keepers well and they might be hiring syndicates for all we know.

6  Thank cteh308

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent posting on Tripadvisor.

I can truly understand how upset you are in losing your item of jewellery.

The safety and security of our guests and their belongings is of paramount importance to us. Below I would like to outline what steps we took as part of the investigation for your missing item.

I believe the item was left in or on a face cloth next to the the bathroom sink.

As soon as the matter was reported to our team, our Front Office Manager immediately took steps to search our linen and laundry areas for the necklace as we believed it may have gone into the laundry with the facecloth. We checked through all exisiting linen and through the washing machine drums to see if we could find it.

My Front Office Manager then addressed the matter with yourself in the morning and reassured you that we would take steps to strip the room to see if the item could be found.

The room was subsequently stripped. We also checked the sink waste pipes to see if it had fallen through as well as emptying out our vacuum cleaning bags. Unfortunately we did not find the item.

I believe that our Front Office Manager also promised to contact you with the outcome of the search which she subsequently did by email.

In your feedback on Tripadvisor, you also refer to another Tripadvisor posting from a guest who forgot a watch in their room. With this matter, I am pleased to say that we do have a watch in lost property (which we believe is the watch) and are awaiting the guest to contact us so we can have it identified and returned to the guest.

As I mentioned at the beginning, the safety and security of all our guests is of paramount importance to us.

We believe we took every possible step to search for the item and keep you informed of the result, even though it was not positive as we had hoped.

As an added security measure, we do provide in room safes for all our guests to leave their valuables.

Once again, I am sincerely sorry for your loss.

I hope this goes some way in explaining the efforts we made to resolve and communicate this matter for you, although I fully understand that this will not bring back your the missing item.

A TripAdvisor Member
Yogyakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed February 6, 2012

good hotel but the baht room is not comfort beacuse we can see people inside even we already closed the curtain. it is not good for family , but it is good for couple. many food hawkers near the hotel area. and it is very near with the big mall and beside the fashion mall also. just cross the street to find the very good tom yum stall in the street, only 35 baht per portion

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at Novotel Bangkok Platinum.
I was delighted to know that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us.

We hope to welcome you back on your next visit to Bangkok.