“Great City Hotel”

Ranked #78 of 867 Hotels in Bangkok
Wiesbaden, Deutschland
“Great City Hotel”
Reviewed February 7, 2012

The hotel is a very new and nicely designed place, close to the shopping and business district. The rooms are clean, comfortable, they have a friendly design, are clean and we had space enough for two with really large suitcases.
We tried the bar twice, ate breakfast at the hotel and had some late night snacks as well...all of that was really good, especially the well mixed cocktails.
The staff was very friendly at all times and check-in went quickly. Although we were kind of early that day, we could get our room keys right away. That's first for me in Thailand.

Overall, a Novotel that exceeded all my expectations!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Matt_Fr
Sagar N, General Manager at Novotel Bangkok Platinum Pratunam, responded to this review, February 7, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent review on Tripadvisor and your postive comments relating to our team, service, and facilities.

We hope to invite you back in the near future to Novotel Bangkok Platinum.

Sagar

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (479)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Vietnamese first
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed February 6, 2012

I am very disappointed with this hotel! I left my necklace inside the room and when I came back from shopping, It was nowhere to be seen. I called the hotel manager to inform her of the situation and they could not offer any help whatsoever. Only thing they can say is they are sorry that it happened. I am a frequent traveller, and this is the FIRST TIME i lost my jewelry inside a hotel room. I DO NOT RECOMMEND NOVOTEL BANGKOK PLATINUM. Scroll down to see a similar incident where a lady lost her watch. BEWARE OF THIS HOTEL! They do not screen their hotel keepers well and they might be hiring syndicates for all we know.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
6 Thank cteh308
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent posting on Tripadvisor.

I can truly understand how upset you are in losing your item of jewellery.

The safety and security of our guests and their belongings is of paramount importance to us. Below I would like to outline what steps we took as part of the investigation for your missing item.

I believe the item was left in or on a face cloth next to the the bathroom sink.

As soon as the matter was reported to our team, our Front Office Manager immediately took steps to search our linen and laundry areas for the necklace as we believed it may have gone into the laundry with the facecloth. We checked through all exisiting linen and through the washing machine drums to see if we could find it.

My Front Office Manager then addressed the matter with yourself in the morning and reassured you that we would take steps to strip the room to see if the item could be found.

The room was subsequently stripped. We also checked the sink waste pipes to see if it had fallen through as well as emptying out our vacuum cleaning bags. Unfortunately we did not find the item.

I believe that our Front Office Manager also promised to contact you with the outcome of the search which she subsequently did by email.

In your feedback on Tripadvisor, you also refer to another Tripadvisor posting from a guest who forgot a watch in their room. With this matter, I am pleased to say that we do have a watch in lost property (which we believe is the watch) and are awaiting the guest to contact us so we can have it identified and returned to the guest.

As I mentioned at the beginning, the safety and security of all our guests is of paramount importance to us.

We believe we took every possible step to search for the item and keep you informed of the result, even though it was not positive as we had hoped.

As an added security measure, we do provide in room safes for all our guests to leave their valuables.

Once again, I am sincerely sorry for your loss.

I hope this goes some way in explaining the efforts we made to resolve and communicate this matter for you, although I fully understand that this will not bring back your the missing item.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed February 6, 2012

good hotel but the baht room is not comfort beacuse we can see people inside even we already closed the curtain. it is not good for family , but it is good for couple. many food hawkers near the hotel area. and it is very near with the big mall and beside the fashion mall also. just cross the street to find the very good tom yum stall in the street, only 35 baht per portion

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at Novotel Bangkok Platinum.
I was delighted to know that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us.

We hope to welcome you back on your next visit to Bangkok.

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed February 2, 2012

Hotel and facilities were very new, considering they are only approximately 3 months old. However service was not representative of a 4 star hotel or price point.

Poor Service
1) Front desk checked us in and brought us to our room, but there were still guests in that room who hadn't checked out!
2) Despite running out of amenities, they were not topped up. Example in case, we had to request for tissue paper 2 days in a row, despite the room being cleaned up daily!

Great Location
- Right Smack next to Platinum Mall
- 5 minutes walk to CentralWorld, 15 minutes walk to Siam Paragon

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent review on Tripadvisor.

I was disappointed to learn that our service levels fell far below the standards that we pride ourselves on.

With both the points that you raised, they are extremely valid and inexcusable and for this I would like to apologise.

I have fedback your comments to our teams to ensure we do not have a repeat scenario with our guests in the future.

I hope we will have the opportunity to invite you back in the future and surpass your expectations.

Hobart, Australia
Reviewed February 2, 2012

Novotel has a good location, but what is most impressive is the services. Their service staff are polite and very helpful. They would even escort you to your room. The rooms are spacious enough, have wonderful views, and very comfortable (probably because the hotel is just less than three months old).
Just to share with you my personal experience, I requested for a non-smoking floor, only to be informed that it is a non-smoking hotel. When the staff accompanying me to my room, upon opening the door, there was a stale smell (obviously somebody had a puff in it), instantly the staff apologised and offered to change of room. They are very polite and helpful. Unlike some other hotels that would make you wait before they attend to you, Novotel staff act promptly.

It is a place worth staying!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank KevJosh
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent review.

I was pleased to hear that our teams were able to resolve the situation of the change in bedroom very quickly.

We are a 100% non-smoking hotel so we understand that guests do expect a smoke-free bedroom when they check in.

We hope to welcome you back to Novotel Bangkok Platinum on your next visit.