“Totally Impressive”

Ranked #79 of 859 Hotels in Bangkok
Hobart, Australia
“Totally Impressive”
Reviewed February 2, 2012

Novotel has a good location, but what is most impressive is the services. Their service staff are polite and very helpful. They would even escort you to your room. The rooms are spacious enough, have wonderful views, and very comfortable (probably because the hotel is just less than three months old).
Just to share with you my personal experience, I requested for a non-smoking floor, only to be informed that it is a non-smoking hotel. When the staff accompanying me to my room, upon opening the door, there was a stale smell (obviously somebody had a puff in it), instantly the staff apologised and offered to change of room. They are very polite and helpful. Unlike some other hotels that would make you wait before they attend to you, Novotel staff act promptly.

It is a place worth staying!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank KevJosh
Sagar N, General Manager at Novotel Bangkok Platinum Pratunam, responded to this review, February 7, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent review.

I was pleased to hear that our teams were able to resolve the situation of the change in bedroom very quickly.

We are a 100% non-smoking hotel so we understand that guests do expect a smoke-free bedroom when they check in.

We hope to welcome you back to Novotel Bangkok Platinum on your next visit.

Sagar

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (469)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Vietnamese first
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed February 2, 2012

Location and service is very good.first night of my stay is very noisy till late night 12am, knocking sound from outside the building and central world concert.amenities was not replenish daily was a disappointment.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Sagar N, General Manager at Novotel Bangkok Platinum Pratunam, responded to this review, February 14, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent feedback regarding your stay at Novotel Bangkok Platinum.

I apologise if there excessive noise from Central World.

In regards to the refreshing of amenities, I have already raised this point with our Housekeeping Manager. All amenities should be refreshed and topped up daily for our guests.

I look forward to welcoming you back soon and hope to exceed your expectations on your next stay.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed February 2, 2012

We have trip to bangkok last week and stayed at Novotel Platinum. This is new hotel and have good location with smile service and room very clean. I will introduce this hotel for my friend and my partner when they have trip to Bangkok. Thanks and will back to this hotel as soon as posible.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent feedback on Tripadvisor.

Thank you also for recommending our hotel to your friends and Partner. We look forward to welcoming all of you to Novotel Bangkok Platinum in the near future.

Singapore
Reviewed January 31, 2012

Stayed at the hotel from 28 -31 Jan.
Overall, the hotel was clean and staff friendly. I have some comments though.
1. I booked the hotel 1 mths before hand requested for a double and 2 single beds. When I registered at 3pm, I was told that only single beds were available until perhaps / maybe the next day, hence had no choice but to take the single rooms. Hotel should have reserved the rooms for me. After registration, a lady hotel staff proceeded to take us to our rooms. The lady staff was quite shocked when the first room she opened had somebody still in the room taking a shower; the room guest had still not checked out at 3pm. Luckily the second room was empty. I was requested to walk / shop around so that alternative arrangements could be sorted out. After a few hours of shopping, I went back, I was surprised that a double room was available. I wonder what would happen if I had gone to the rooms by myself, open the door and find someone still in the supposedly empty room taking a shower.
2. I stayed there for 3 days..breakfast is the same every day. Could the breakfast menu be change evry other day?
3. The entrance to the hotel is not sheltered to the next door shopping centres. Perhaps a cover could have been provided to protect guests from rain to the next door shops. It was raining when I was there.
4. TV reception was a bit fuzzy..perhaps could clear up some of the channels
5. Pillow is a too soft.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank hawkuan
Sagar N, General Manager at Novotel Bangkok Platinum Pratunam, responded to this review, February 2, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent posting on Tripadvisor and the constructive feedback you have given us.

On the specific point relating to your check-in, I was pleased to know that the team managed to rectify the problem to ensure you received the room types that you had booked.

I have also spoken to our chef in regards to varying the breakfast selection. While we have quite a large variety of items, I have asked him, in particular to look at changing some of the hot items.

On the point of accessing the Platinum Fashion Mall, we do have a direct escalator from our lobby into the shopping mall so guests can avoid walking in the rain. The great news is that In future, there will be a covered Skywalk which will link the hotel to Central World, Big C, Gaysorn and Chidlom BTS station.

On the final point of the TV reception, I have asked my team to review the quality of the picture. For the bedroom pillows, while we currently have medium strength pillows, we will be adding another 2 pillows per room which will be hard. This will give all our guests the choice of a medium or hard pillow to sleep on.

Thank you once again for giving us your feedback. This undoubtedly helps us in improving our service and facilities for our guests in the future.

I look forward to welcoming you back soon to Novotel Bangkok Platinum.